It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Would Like to Lucid Dream...please?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

How strange, I wonder what the witch might symbolize about yourself? Maybe it means you're more powerful or influential than you think you are and she meant for you to stop second guessing yourself? I don't know you from Adam, so obviously, it's just an idea that could be way off anyway.

I've been trying to lucid dream for a long time. I may have had one before some time ago, but I can't really recall anything about the dream anymore
One I'd LOVE to re-dream lucid is a very odd and slightly creepy dream I had earlier this year. I was trying to escape a cube-like structure, supported on metal tendrils coming up out of the dry, dusty ground (or coming out of the structure and embedding into the ground? Still not sure) There were other tendrils stretching out into this misty expanse around it. It gave the impression that it was suspended in mid-air, but connected to the ground and sky by the metal tendrils at the same time. It was VERY creepy outside, the structure & the surroundings. And cold air, I remember that. It was very chilly outside.
Anyway, I broke out of something, a holding cell perhaps, and was desperately making my way to the outside, going through dark metal halls and access shafts to avoid being caught. I was with someone at some point, and we were separated, and when I reached the exterior, i realized I needed to go back and get them, I couldn't leave them behind there. I made my way back in the structure, and eventually found someone who looked an awful lot like Amanda Tapping (Carter from SG-1) being forcefully dragged to a dimly lit command or bridge-like room. I ran down the hall, which seemed to get slightly smaller the closer I got to the room, and when I reached the doorway, we'd suddenly switched places and I began to "fade" out while she stood there breathless from the run, looking rather panicked. I got the impression from her expression that she was thinking "Don't leave me here!' I think the "people" or "creatures" or whatever was holding us had started to move toward her, I'm not exactly sure, i woke up at that point. It was one of those weird, creepy dreams that you actually like, like it's a good story you didn't want to end. I'd love to re-dream it while lucid and poke around that structure some more

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I wish I had meaningful dreams. All mine are weird screwed up bits of my life. :/

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Lunette

These dreams came after a serious search with prayer and meditation and sweat lodges and other things that deepened the horizon of my soul.

im not even close to that point right now but ive come back from that point a different person

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
www.lucidcrossroads.net...

This is a very interesting site. Suggestions for deepening meditation and making it lucid, playing around with the scenes. I found it really interesting.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

denybedoomed
Been trying for years. A few times I've become conscious in my dream state, which then startled me awake. It's been difficult to keep that awareness without waking up. It is a jarring experience to say the least. Good luck.

On a side note, anyone ever read any of Carlos Castaneda's work? The Art of Dreaming in particular. Highly recommended.

That book is like a instruction Manual.
This goes way back, thousands of years.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lunette

I will try and give you simple method, this is one I use for Lucid Dreaming, this is not astral projection.

My ability to astral project is been suspended for some reason.

But to go lucid, dark , quite , comfortable bed, I even use ear plugs and pull something over my eyes mask, stocking cap.

Do a relaxation thing like 1,2 3, 4, 10 or 10, 9, 8, 1 , tell yours to go into deep state and close eyes.

Now What i do is try and see a step or stairs in my mind, it does not matter if you go up the steps or down you go deeper into state.
, Tell your self. I only most of the time use 10 step's,then a landing or different floor. but after a while I can see my feet walking on the steps. I start to see doors, but you must want to see doors more stairs. Always walk to the light. It will keep getting more clear.

Soon you will be full Lucid and start to see people things, what ever, you can talk to the people but they will sometimes not speak.

Try some Phosphatidyslserine complex, Vit shop, made someone I know remember dream.

Never be afraid

If you want to scare your self learn to Astral Project, it still kind of scare's me unless my Astral vision is working, it's just rough when your in between an A.P. and sleep Paralysis, it's like the Ocean crashing on the beach or your body is pure electricity running threw your body.
I taught a couple of grown men to AP, it scared them so bad they cried, I taught my grandson also, the lucid part was ok, but the AP part was to much for him.

Don''t be afraid though, unless your a bad person. If you have Demons they will come but they are yours, you made them, deal with them.
Having no fear of death opens the door, to pop out of your body.
edit on 18-11-2013 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Speaking of astral travel I was meditating last night oming and all of a sudden I got to that halfway point and saw this crazy tunnel with like a wire or branch going through the middle of it and I was going past it at full speed. Then I realized what was happening and snapped out of it.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OOOOOO

I get more out of Allowing myself to slide into that world while focusing on a chanting meditation. The problem I have is becoming aware of the experience ending it.

Have you tried to just allow yourself to slide into an experience? It's majestic and very mystical

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
My biggest problem with lucid dreaming was that when I was good at it, I generally woke up feeling tired, because I never felt like I got a decent night's sleep. Because I was "awake" a good part of the night.

Other than that, I often would wake up frustrated, because I was very easily distracted from whatever goal I wanted to accomplish in the dream. It's one thing to be aware that you're in a dream, but being able to control it is a different thing altogether.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I don't know how to meditate, but I'd like to try. I'll try and look up proper ways, I don't think I'm doing it right...

My way to sink into my mind and out of body (though not very well so far, still trying) is to imagine taste, touch, scent. I will sink my hand into sand, wet from the ocean's tide, touch cold glass, taste sour or sweet things, stuff that gets that part of me reacting, without using the body to do so.

Will this work if I keep trying? I don't like wasting my time.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I dream better after eating ice cream and pepperoni pizza. Something about having so much fat and sugar and salt saturating my brain, perhaps.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Lol, I heard people drink juice before bed and get lucid. I once bought a container of apple juice for that reason. o_o Not sure if it helped or not.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Lunette

Applejuice, gas, not good. LOL. Comfort, snuggly warmth, some fresh air though, being just right, and meditate until you see and then practice bringing it in, strive to reach or set the intention for the highest frequency of seeing. In your mind, meditatively before sleep or after a nap or waking in the night, see yourself taking an escalator, elevator, stairs, up and up and up, notice the different landings and places, just let scenes come in. Play with it.

However, due to a meditational, lucid style journey with a friend, where we shared data afterwards including the same blue dudes, a couple with red hair, who tried to intercept, and then we found them on Lucid Crossroads, he said "no coincidence". And that the Lucid Dream realm, the astral realm and nde realm are real, and all the same, though there are probably levels of it, densities, and some creational aspects as well, ie private rooms.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

That is so fascinating, thanks for your reply.

I will most certainly try this tonight!! I will attempt a WILD without WBTB, so it might be tricky, because rem sleep wont come fast. I have such a powerful imagination though, perhaps it will work? I dunno. ^_^

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lunette

Wild might scare you a little bit, specially in the part where u hear noises. I started trying to get lucid 3 nights ago, and i havent succeded yet but my dream recall was outstanding after i begun, which should lead me to have lucid dreams eventually. The first night i too attempted Wild, but i got freaked out by this noise (the one that starts at second 6) www.youtube.com... so if u try wild remember not to freak out by the hallucinations

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Lincourtz

Thanks! I wish you luck with your future ventures as well. ^_^

I heard of a very interesting idea to help dream recall, writing a journal of your Waking Life.
I am going to try this, it should be fun.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I can often lucid dream when I think to try.

The trick that I learned years ago was to stare at my hands while awake and make note of the 5 fingers on each hand. When dreaming, I can stare at my hands and see only 4 fingers on each hand. This is how I know I'm in a dream.

I was taught that this is a universal phenomenon, but maybe I've just trained my mind in this way. Don't know for sure, but it works.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by OOOOOO

I get more out of Allowing myself to slide into that world while focusing on a chanting meditation. The problem I have is becoming aware of the experience ending it.

Have you tried to just allow yourself to slide into an experience? It's majestic and very mystical

Some of those Monk's that are more in to this. They speak of not thing but just allowing the vision to come with out thought of anything.
I am not sure I understand what you are saying slide, I can go Lucid anytime that is easy, for me.

I have a problem getting into the Astral and above at this time so it seems.

You, have the physical body, then after becoming realized you have the Astral Body, The Mental Body, and so on, I have only been into the higher middle planes once that I know of.
There are lower levels of the Astral you don't really need to dwell in.

I have used one Chant for years with head towards north, facing the East in the Lion pose. You are within the four petal Lotus blossom. Going around front , right, behind, again to right, on first Petal Ah, next Nu, back Ta next Ra, Now you are the center of the Lotus ( Hum, Ha, Hum).
You say in mind and visualize at same time
Ah, Nu , Ta , Ra ,Hum, Ha, Hum. The Hum is shooting up out of the Aperture of Brahma.
If you do this till you fall asleep you will wake up your mind while you are sleeping, then watch out.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Lunette
I can hardly remember my dreams much anymore.

No offence, but do you smoke pot? Almost everyone I know who does says the same thing. They can't remember their dreams.

I find that when I have an unhealthy diet, I remember less of my dreams than if I eat healthy. When I only eat fruits and nuts and only drink rainwater, sometimes I can literally remember hours of my dreams.

Once you start remembering them, say to yourself a lot "this is weird, it must be a dream". That way when something weird happens in your dream (as it always does), this will help you to recognise it as a dream while it's still happening.

BTW, once you realise you're dreaming, don't bother walking anymore. Just take off and float around. It's fun!

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Lol, no problem.

Nope! I'm a good girl :3 Never smoked nor drank, and I'm 22 ^_^

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join