It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran? North Korea? Whos first? Does it matter?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
There are some of us here that are of the opinion that the US government is prepping its citizens for a new war in Iran. I am of the opinion that we should look into North Korea and deal with them first before anything els is done, as they present an actual threat. What do you guys/gals think? Iran first? N.Korea first? Does it really matter?

I know there are alot of different opinions here so lets try not to sling alot of mud here. Maybe just a little, but thats all

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Regarding an attack on Iran, I suggest you read this:

cns.miis.edu...

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
doesnt N korea have a few nuke's already ( as they claimed )
and dont they have the missiles to hit the west coast of the USA

edit: spelling error

[edit on 17-11-2004 by bodrul]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
doesnt N korea have a few nuke's already ( as they claimed )
and sont they have the missiles to hit the west coast of the USA

My point exactly. It seems to me that Bush just keeps going after the wrong people.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Telling you the truth, it will be Iran due to the fact that US is already located in the area and that Iraq air fild is accessible to our air force to start the bombing assault first.

And then the ground troops can cross the border with not problems.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Yeah, the troops have a perfect staging area for the attack. Right next to them. Just a hop, skip, and a 25 mile trek and they are there
Still, for the life of me, this makes no sense why we would do this though. Its like Im watching a movie and I can see all the mistakes the good guy is making. American government reminds me of Annikin Skywalker
All the SW fans will get it

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
My point exactly. It seems to me that Bush just keeps going after the wrong people.

Maybe you just don't know their priorities well enough.

Country with lots of oil > country that could actually harm/threathen us

Why didn't they attacked Saudi Arabia if almost all the 9/11 hi-jackers came from there? It's the oil, baby.

Follow the oil.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I think that the progression that makes the most sense is iraq, then iran, then, if at all, north korea. If it were N.K. first, you'd have a nuke war on your hands and wouldn't be able to deal with the rest. If iran first, then the whole middle east erupts and you have to deal with hussein, and at the time the admin though he had poison gas etc and then n. korea on top of it? The disadvantage of n. korea last is that they have a million people along the dmz, and occupying the rest of the mid east will be a serious drain on manpower over in korea. However, there does need to be a delay in time to move the troops away from the DMZ, because no they are in the range of NK artillery, massive amounts of artillery. Either way tho, NK is going to be different, becuase it will be a war against a nuclear armed opponent. Its -probably- better to contain and control them, rather than go to war with them. Eventually the population will starve off and the miliary will be forced to react internaly, rather than externally. Also, by attacking iraq first, and after afghanistan, iran is surrounded. They only have four real borders, with afghanistan, iraq, and pakistan. Af and Ir are occupied, and pakistan is an dictatorial nuclear armed ally. The only other border is the Caspian, and that will probably have some russian ships in it bombaring and lauching planes from that frontier.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
Maybe you just don't know their priorities well enough.
Country with lots of oil > country that could actually harm/threathen us
Why didn't they attacked Saudi Arabia if almost all the 9/11 hi-jackers came from there? It's the oil, baby.
Follow the oil.

I have long thought this war was about the oil and corprate profits for Halibourton. I guess I just feel like I get slapped in the face everytime Bush says one thing and demonstartes another. I.E.
"We will get BinLaden"
"I dont even think about him (BinLaden) anymore."

Its the same type of thing with Iraq. He should have taken care of Afganistan first, then dealt with Saudi Arabia, then North Korea. America would probably not be such a hated country if Bush had done that.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Telling you the truth, it will be Iran due to the fact that US is already located in the area and that Iraq air fild is accessible to our air force to start the bombing assault first.

And then the ground troops can cross the border with not problems.

and they have all those pritty ships for Iran to target
sitting just in the perfect place

reffering to the US ships stationed in the golf

the US goverment wouldnt risk the deaths of a couple of thousend of its men/women ( would they ? )

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

the US goverment wouldnt risk the deaths of a couple of thousend of its men/women ( would they ? )

It would be just the push Bush needs to go to war with them.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
If you check a few places you will learn that China has several hundred thousand troops on the border with N Korea. Their goal is unification of the "China" land mass. Mao wanted Korea but Stalin beat him to it. China will take care of N korea. Our next target is Iran. Everything done so far was just "staging" for that move.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
If you check a few places you will learn that China has several hundred thousand troops on the border with N Korea. Their goal is unification of the "China" land mass. Mao wanted Korea but Stalin beat him to it. China will take care of N korea. Our next target is Iran. Everything done so far was just "staging" for that move.

That makes sense. One question though. Isnt America trying to keep China from getting more powerful? I would think that this is something America would want to avoid.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
bodrul,

Thats kind of a silly statement to make about the ships out there. We all know any offensive would start with massive airstrikes specificaly targeting offensive abilities like shore to ship missles and such. As history dictates, this is the kind of warfare that the US has mastered. Iran would be reduced to a ground based attack force in the first night for all intents and purposes. Now what happens after that is anybodies guess. Air, sea and open ground is a forgone US victory against most nations, especially the like of Iran. But I would imagine urban combat would be difficult to say the least, but I dont think that would be the US goal. Actually, I think the US could achieve 90% of thier objectives concerning Iran with air power alone and some special operations on the ground. Once Iran's offensive capability was serverly damaged and thier nuclear ability was detroyed Id think that would be enough.

[edit on 17-11-2004 by skippytjc]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The US would be stretching out the military too far if they were to attack N.Korea right now.

They'll setup a good half dozen or so military bases in Iraq along the Iran border. When the time is right, the Bush/Carlyle administration will revise the draft after a sucide bombing takes place on homeland soil resulting in fingers being pointed towards Iran.

Hey then whatya know, World War III..

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
bodrul,

Thats kind of a silly statement to make about the ships out there. We all know any offensive would start with massive airstrikes specificaly targeting offensive abilities like shore to ship missles and such. [edit on 17-11-2004 by skippytjc]

I think Bodrul was saying that Iran could strike our ships because they are close to Iran.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
bodrul,

Thats kind of a silly statement to make about the ships out there.

[edit on 17-11-2004 by skippytjc]

its not silly
Iran are being armed by Russia/China with
sh*t loads of anti ship missiles that they can use on the ships in the golf as they are restricted to a small area ( sitting ducks )

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Let get some facts about US, China and NK.

What is something that none of this country have?

What is something that is abundant in the middle east?

Where does Iran has his most reserves of natural resources?

Oil is in large quantities in Iraq and in the borders of Iraq and Iran.

China is booming and it's need for oil is going to be greater than the US.

If US control the large quatities in the middle east, them China will become dependant of the US for his needs, because Russia's will not be enought to supply the demand.

Yes, I believe that "a few casualties" will be needed to start a war with Iran, after all we humans are expendable.

And again I am just posting a conspiracy here

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
If US control the large quatities in the middle east, them China will become dependant of the US for his needs, because Russia's will not be enought to supply the demand...........

And again I am just posting a conspiracy here

This sounds like the answer I was looking for earlier as to why the US would want China to take N Korea. Not only would our dominance of the middle east be expanded, but possibly, at the same time we are in Iran, China could be taking care of business with NK.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
China is not going to invade North Korea they helped them in the first war why would they attack them now.If the US attacks Iran or North Korea China would jump in. It really doesnt matter what country they attack because it will be the end for all of us and if Isreal attacks any middle eastern country with Nuclear weapons we would see Isreal disapear with in a couple of minutes due to the fact that Russia will rain Nuclear holocust on them.

<<   2 >>

join