It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bishop pledges to ‘exorcise’ Illinois over same sex marriage legalization

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I don't usually get involved in this forum's topics but I'd be interested to hear others opinions of this. Especially from christians. Do people really believe this stuff?

Illinois bishop pledges to ‘exorcise’ state in wake of same sex marriage legalization

A Catholic bishop in Springfield, IL has announced that he will be performing prayers of “supplication and exorcism” when the state’s law legalizing same sex marriages goes into effect next Thursday.

Huffington Post reported that Bishop Thomas John Paprocki said in a statement quoted by the Chicago Sun-Times that the new law “comes from the devil and should be condemned as such.”

So does this Bishop really believe that an exorcism will work or is this just a political statement or publicity stunt? I can't tell anymore.

HuffPost: Gay Marriage Exorcism

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Illinois the crookedest state in the union could use a good exorcism, but not because of gay marriage.

I guess he is serious.
I will let you know what happens.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The sad part is i think a lot of people truly believe it could happen... which is disgusting that anyone would be that hateful towards other humans just because we are gay

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

So does this Bishop really believe that an exorcism will work or is this just a political statement or publicity stunt?

It could be a setup for Christians to be persecuted by gays if the exorcism does work.

If the gay marriage legislation does fall apart it will be interesting to see how the gays respond.

Will they accept defeat or firebomb the church out of shear hatred ?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I remember not many were interested in the civil unions
illinoisfamily.org...

In Illinois, only 0.45 percent of the homosexual population received a civil union in the first full year of availability, and only a fraction of a percent (0.0166 percent) of Illinois’ population got “civil unionized” in 2012. This is the response to all the enthusiasm and celebration that surrounded the passage of Illinois’ civil unions law?

The response to civil unions has been lackluster at best, and one should not expect these percentages to rise dramatically. The law came into effect June of 2011, so one would expect that homosexuals who had been committed to a partner would have formed a civil union by now, but the vast majority have not.

edit on 023030p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

It could be a setup for Christians to be persecuted by gays if the exorcism does work.

If the gay marriage legislation does fall apart it will be interesting to see how the gays respond.

I was under the impression it already passed and takes effect next Thursday. Barring supernatural intervention I don't see what could stop it.

If something (supernatural) does stop it it's doubtful gays would accept it. I wouldn't but I doubt any firebombing would occur. Hope not anyway.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Not Firebombs, but maybe glitter bombs! gurl we keep it fabulous!

seriously though, i respect anyone's freedom of belief, but 'exorcising the gays' out?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Obviously this Bishop has never been to "boys town" or he'd know better....

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

If the exorcism DOES work, won't it make gays free of gayness? Or is this exorcism just designed to exorcise the lawmakers and the law out of existence? Who is this exorcism for, anyway?

Have gays ever fire bombed a church before, because it wouldn't let them get married, or any other reason? Why would they start now.

And, why is this Bishop only starting exorcism now? Shouldn't he have done the exorcism BEFORE the vote? And, why stop with Illinois, why not exorcise Washington DC, Congress and the White House? On second thought, why stop there?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

reply to post by windword

Or is this exorcism just designed to exorcise the lawmakers and the law out of existence? Who is this exorcism for, anyway?

Lawmakers

Have gays ever fire bombed a church before, because it wouldn't let them get married, or any other reason? Why would they start now.

There is always time for the first. Hence this whole event could be a provocation by a Bishop who is actually a sheep in wolves clothing.

And, why is this Bishop only starting exorcism now?

Demonic possession. He may have recently sinned and backslidden. He might not even know it or he could be a 'gamma' (spiritual) altar under MK Ultra who has just been activated.

Why stop with Illinois, why not exorcise Washington DC, Congress and the White House? On second thought, why stop there?

If a fallen angel is pulling his strings, then he will do the same exorcism's in other states.

Or if he is legit and has Yahushua giving him orders to exorcise other states then he will do the same in other states as well.

One way to discern who's side he is on is to look at the collateral damage that occurs after the exorcism's.

If Yahushua is giving the orders, then His people are protected.
If Lucifer is giving him orders, then Christians will be attacked by those who hate what he is doing.

top topics

join