It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I no longer believe in Evolution as currently being used

page: 33
<< 30  31  32   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

flyingfish
reply to post by kyviecaldges

No one has synthesized self-propagating RNA. No one.

Hmm, maybe you should inform Bio- Synthesis their RNA polymers don't exist.

Today, using improved synthetic and biochemical methods, DNA polymers, long and small double stranded DNA and RNA molecules, RNA polymers, small and large peptides and small proteins can now be routinely synthesized.

Link

Or, perhaps you would like to custom order your RNA?
Link

The Immortal Molecule: Scripps Research Scientists Develop First Examples of RNA that Replicates Itself Indefinitely Without Any Help from Biology

Link

Self propagating RNA.

That is a huge difference.

As I said about 10 pages ago, which is the essence of my argument.

spontaneously self-replicate

That is the definition of self-propagating.
Not scientist created RNA, but RNA that evolved on it's own in an environment.
If you have to rely on an outside force to create it, then you continually prove intelligent design.
My argument hasn't changed.

Hasn't been created.
edit on 7/12/2013 by kyviecaldges because: Because I made a stupid error. That is why we edit.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

kyviecaldges
Not scientist created RNA, but RNA that evolved on it's own in an environment.
If you have to rely on an outside force to create it, then you continually prove intelligent design.
My argument hasn't changed.

Wrong, again. These autocatalytic RNA sets have been observed to spontaneously emerge from short stretches of RNA. They're an emergent property of the Universe the same way than tornadoes are an emergent property of the Universe. Given the right conditions, it happens.
edit on 7-12-2013 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kyviecaldges

Surely you aren't referring to those experiments that show that bacteria and maggots don't spontaneously generate in soup broth, old meat, and jars of peanut butter?

We already know that the random formation of any modern protein out of a prebiotic soup is incredibly unlikely.
No one- is proposing that proteins from modern organisms were present 4 billion years ago when abiogenesis might have occurred.

There's very little 4 billion year-old evidence to be found, but we're very certain that however it happened it followed the same physical laws of the universe. It certainly didn't happen with all the amino acids coming together in the correct order by chance because that would be incredibly unlikely.

Let me provide an analogy. I don't know how the first water molecule was formed, but I can form any number of water molecules by burning hydrogen gas.

<< 30  31  32   >>

join