It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I no longer believe in Evolution as currently being used

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

This does not happen your argument is WRONG.

Mutations by themselves don't do anything let alone start trending. It is the survivors of a population that pass on mutations, if the mutation benefits the organism, it survives and is passed on. This process in no way takes away the fact that the mutation was random to begin with.

Ummmm..... You are totally wrong.

Mutations may or may not produce discernible changes in the observable characteristics (phenotype) of an organism.

Okay.

Mutation can result in several different types of change in sequences. Mutations in genes can either have no effect, alter the product of a gene, or prevent the gene from functioning properly or completely. Mutations can also occur in nongenic regions. One study on genetic variations between different species of Drosophila suggests that if a mutation changes a protein produced by a gene, the result is likely to be harmful, with an estimated 70 percent of amino acid polymorphisms which have damaging effects, and the remainder being either neutral or weakly beneficial

link to source

That would mean you are wrong.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

peter vlar
reply to post by kyviecaldges

Your inability to understand how much you don't know and understand is far beyond my ability to explain. Repeating the same misinformation over and over wont make it true no matter how badly you want it to be so. I wish you and your personal view on recursive algorithms the best of luck.

And the if you can't figure it out then you must be stupid- now let me throw in a personal insult hail mary rears its ugly head.
Seriously mate, that is sad. I continually provide links and refute your arguments with a premise and supporting evidence.
Or I explain your logical fallacies while providing links or your contradictory reasoning processes while still providing links.

That argument you are using is not only first grade but an easy out when you are caught making no sense and talking in circles.
Now the only thing that you have left to to do is start using all of my own arguments against me while making little sense and talking in circles, but yet accusing me of doing the same thing.
You might think that you can keep repeating this charade until I give up.

Won't happen.

I will just go into the shadows and wait to catch you by surprise.

You can take your fingers out of your ears now.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

If that's what helps you sleep at night then keep telling yourself that sweet bedtime story.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

flyingfish

Mutations by themselves don't do anything let alone start trending. It is the survivors of a population that pass on mutations, if the mutation benefits the organism, it survives and is passed on. This process in no way takes away the fact that the mutation was random to begin with.

is this supposed to be some kind of like fantasy experiment we do in our heads?

I'll play along, isn't it the organism the breeds the most that passes anything on... haven't you seen Idiocracy?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

SisyphusRide

flyingfish

is this supposed to be some kind of like fantasy experiment we do in our heads?

I'll play along, isn't it the organism the breeds the most that passes anything on... haven't you seen Idiocracy?

What these folks don't want to admit is that the rapid expansion of biodiversity that happened during the Cambrian Explosion, also known as adaptive radiation, was not simply due to natural selection in the way that it normally acts.
Adaptive radiation is like natural selection on steroids, supposedly because it is responsible for completely new taxonomic lines developing from mutations to a common ancestor.
This is where that whole common ancestor theory supposedly comes into play.

And that is why my comments on the random nature of mutations become relevant. Random mutation really isn't even random regarding natural selection anyway, because most mutations are harmful.
(I think that you pointed that out earlier in the thread SisyphusRide and these folks tried to argument ad hominem you while not providing any evidence to the contrary)
Charles Darwin himself saw the Cambrian Explosion as:

one of the principal objections that could be lodged against his theory of evolution by natural selection.

link to source

A similar event called the Avalon Explosion lead to a rapid expansion of biodiversity and taxonomic categories through the supposed adaptive radiation of Edicara Biota, which were multi-celled organisms that had literally dropped out of the fossil record by the time the rapid biodiversity of life created in the Cambrian Explosion happened.

Think about that for a second.
This is a creature that is so freaking adaptable that it supposedly gave birth to untold numbers of taxonomic lines. but yet by the time of the Cambrian Explosion, it is totally extinct.

This entire line of reasoning used by the proponents of abiogenesis is completely irrational.
edit on 2/12/2013 by kyviecaldges because: Because I made a stupid error. That is why we edit.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

This entire line of reasoning used by the proponents of abiogenesis is completely irrational.

Irrational is continuing to confuse abiogenisis (the origins of life) with evolution (the diversity of life) over and over again despite it being pointed out to you numerous times...

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Prezbo369
Irrational is continuing to confuse abiogenisis (the origins of life) with evolution (the diversity of life) over and over again despite it being pointed out to you numerous times...

If all evidence in universe points to ID being wrong, those folks will still believe it. That is far past irrational, if you ask me.

Evolution is one of the greatest scientific discoveries of all time. Armed with the knowledge of the interconnectedness of all life on earth, biologists have made startling discoveries. There is so much evidence in favor of evolution, that arguing against it is like denying that there is a moon in the sky. Yet people do still actively deny evolution occurs. Speciation, the formation of a new species from an ancestor species, takes a very long time yet there are evolutionary steps which can be observed. Here are eight examples, amongst many, of evolution in action.

8 Examples of Evolution in Action

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

the Cambrian Explosion is an interesting topic, it is one of the first things I remember my suspicion being raised about Carl Sagan. I know Sagan was a cosmologist but he made one of the best documentaries ever (Cosmos) which I have watched so many times I could almost repeat most of each episode back to you like lyrics in a song... but in all 13 hours of the recording and somewhere just before he shows us an hand animated evolutionary process, he goes over the explosion in less than two sentences.

On subsequent documentaries and most that I have seen even including the topic, it is also just usually a brief statement saying "life exploded, nobody knows why, it just did"

unfortunately according to Richard Dawkins we're not supposed to ask why though, oh well...

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

SuperFrog

Prezbo369

If all evidence in universe points to ID being wrong, those folks will still believe it. That is far past irrational, if you ask me.

present your evidence...

Evolution is one of the most boring theories ever thought of, and if you think sitting thru sunday mass was tough! it has nothing on sitting thru a pseudo scientific discourse in a supposedly educational classroom.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

SisyphusRide

unfortunately according to Richard Dawkins we're not supposed to ask why though, oh well...

Because science is meant to study the how not the why. Religion is for the why. Science isn't designed to answer the why, so there is no reason to speak to it.
edit on 2-12-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

The mind benders have been trying to tell man, from the beginning, that mankind sprung from a knuckle dragging ape. Thoth in Egypt, Hanuman in India, Hanapu central america ect.

20th century ape explanation: The greatest mind bend ever perpetrated on the human race.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Logarock
reply to [url= by SisyphusRide[/url]

The mind benders have been trying to tell man, from the beginning, that mankind sprung from a knuckle dragging ape. Thoth in Egypt, Hanuman in India, Hanapu central america ect.

From the beginning? Has this conspiracy been around that long? That's amazing....but what do a ibis god, a monkey god and a sun/moon god have to do with evolution?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

All Hail Hanukkah the Monkey God BTW, I just wish he was real

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Prezbo369

Logarock
reply to [url= by SisyphusRide[/url]

From the beginning? Has this conspiracy been around that long? That's amazing....but what do a ibis god, a monkey god and a sun/moon god have to do with evolution?

Evolution is just the latest version of the old story. The idea that man crawled up out of the mire is nothing new just repackaged for the modern age. The monkey image as man in ancient times served as it does today. Man is an intelligent little ape that does the bidding of the powers.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Logarock

Evolution is just the latest version of the old story. The idea that man crawled up out of the mire is nothing new just repackaged for the modern age.

Ah I see, so its similar if not the same as the Christian story of man being made from dirt? (man crawled up out of the mire). If so, why not include Jesus in that list?

The monkey image as man in ancient times served as it does today. Man is an intelligent little ape that does the bidding of the powers.

So ancient powers told ancient man that they were monkeys? for what reason?

Did ancient man reject claims of Gods in favor of evolution?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

SisyphusRide
present your evidence...

Evolution is one of the most boring theories ever thought of, and if you think sitting thru sunday mass was tough! it has nothing on sitting thru a pseudo scientific discourse in a supposedly educational classroom.

Are you serious? After many links on this and other topics that are all around the same basic idea, you ask for evidence, and irony is that you ask just after I said that no evidence will be sufficient for you to change your belief?!

If your opinion really depend on evidence, you would by now figure out that no one ever showed any evidence of man made out of mud, not women made out of man's ribs.

Those stories are so funny, but why not believe in 3 talking pigs, bad wolf and dragons and unicorns???

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

SisyphusRide

present your evidence...

Boring? You think that it's boring??? You really haven't the faintest idea about it do you???

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

tadaman
reply to post by helldiver

well you would be hard pressed to find an instance where I called you any names. Trust me I can be a dick when I want to be. I was just making an observation. I said your logic is radical .....

Also, the OP is entitled to his opinion with no need to justify or explain it. That is a courtesy he can refuse to give. You don't seem to deserve one in my estimation.

Prove the OP wrong and don't act like a bigot towards someone different than yourself.( In this case someone with an alternate idea about the variety and rate of change of life). Is everyone who doesnt blindly accept evolutionary theory an idiot to you? Do you make it a point to express such to them? That is then the response of a bigot. There are many forms of bigotry .......intellectual bigotry is just one. He and those like him do not agree with you.....What? Got a problem with that bub?

Never said you did, i was referring to the OP who is the only person in this thread (other than you in your post above) to call anyone a bigot.

When anyone refutes a proven theory (evolution, gravity etc) i think i have every right to question it.

As i've already pointed out, the onus of proof is on the OP and I don't have to prove anything. The OP is arguing against a scientific fact backed up by reams of evidence. It's up to the OP to disprove evolution. Shifting the burden of proof is a common tactic employed by creationists and their ilk and is a logical fallacy..bub.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

What I don't understand is why does it have to be one or the other, Evolution or Creation? I view it as both. God had life planted on this planet. His creative technique in time/space is evolution. That way life is sure to adapt for the given planets environment.

Want more info on this? Go to www.urantia.org...
edit on 2-12-2013 by UB2120 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Hi there,

people mixing evolution with origins.

Evolution is how living things change via adoption according to external factors or environment. That's all. Why so much hype about it?

cheers
edit on 2-12-2013 by darkorange because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join