It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I no longer believe in Evolution as currently being used

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

SisyphusRide
reply to post by SuperFrog

your divide and conquer tactics are weak too friend...

second only to character assassination

you may want to reread my last few posts, with pause...

Please provide source(s) for your numbers, as this card house is failing rather quick...

Not sure what you mean by last couple of posts, imho you are trying to discredit Bill by wrongly understanding meaning of his statement, can I also note - rather purposefully miss-understanding just to discredit him and rest of his statement.

Yet, somehow with this example and last couple of posts you managed to prove his words with ignorance...

Well accomplished, good job!
edit on 18-11-2013 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

SuperFrog

Please provide source(s) for your numbers, as this card house is failing rather quick...

ha! I guess we'll have to use science to perform the experiment.

rather this is quite logical and can be done by way of thought experiment.

it is safe to assume from what we have learned from the contact with atheists that this is a fact...

I recommend you don't go preaching your sermon anywhere in the islamic world... the global christian community is liable not to believe there is no god either.

these two philosophies together represent the... yes... majority of the globe.

I am quite surprised you are being so unscientific... I mean this is exactly how you performed your science about evolution... with a though experiment from fact?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Were you making a point, or just throwing poorly aimed insults?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

Were you making a point, or just throwing poorly aimed insults?

is this your fallen house of cards argument in response to my logic?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Wow another creationist thread where the Creationists willfully misinterpret how evolution works to try to disprove it. I could only get through the first 5 pages before I had to post something. The Creationists in this thread should really stop and read this thread: Dishonest Creationist Tactics= Bad Religion Many if not all of you are guilty of doing the things outlined in this thread. Of course none of you will, you'll just continue to misrepresent evolution with straw mans and try to disprove that. It never changes either. The only thing that changes is the names of the screennames misrepresenting things.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
MIMS where are you???

we need a power player back on the the atheists team!

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
Wow another creationist thread where the Creationists willfully misinterpret how evolution works to try to disprove it.

no this is a thread to discuss how evolution is used by the antiChristian's known as atheists to fully misrepresent science, and a minority group doing science a great injustice because they have little knowledge or intellect.

this is also a topic about how atheists are not educators but more like preachers...

edit on 18-11-2013 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

See that is one of the tactics that I was just talking about. Evolution doesn't misrepresent science. Creationists misrepresent science then turn around and accuse evolutionists of misrepresenting it. Many of the posters siding with your argument throughout this VERY thread are using many of these tactics. It's sick really.

it really boils down to this, a bunch of Creationists, who aren't scientists, tell a bunch of Evolutionists, that are scientists, that they are performing science incorrectly. This is absurd. That is like an art student telling a computer programmer that he is programming incorrectly.
edit on 18-11-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

SisyphusRide
I recommend you don't go preaching your sermon anywhere in the islamic world... the global christian community is liable not to believe there is no god either.

these two philosophies together represent the... yes... majority of the globe.

I am quite surprised you are being so unscientific... I mean this is exactly how you performed your science about evolution... with a though experiment from fact?

My friend, you got it wrong, yet again.

Somehow you are making assumption that all Christians as well Muslims are sharing your view on creationism and not supporting evidence of evolution.

Please note, I have already posted poll results that disagree with your reasoning.

If you like to talk about Islam, sure - let's start with answering simple question:

What those 2 words mean and who they claim to be both of them.

Al-Khaliq

Al-Bahri

Please take this as challenge - you might learn something new today.

edit on 18-11-2013 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Why do we need a power player? It's not like you're scoring any points for your "team". You just think you are. And it's not a game either. There are no "teams" here. You made a statement and we questioned the foundations of that statement. Up to this point, your defense has been blown full of holes. We're more than willing to educate you in the matter, but first you have to be willing to look at the science. It doesn't seem like you are.
edit on 18-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

evolution is used by atheists to misrepresent science...

notice the word "used" ? it is past tense of the word "use" as reflected in the topic title.

theist's understand evolution quite well, there usually isn't a problem with a discussion between an Agnostic and a Theist when it comes to evolution.

evolution is like an endorphin drip drug to the atheists... atheist use it as a tool to be anti-God.

atheists are unique in this respect

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Not to mention that you continually ignore the fact that the creator of your special little video in the OP is a proven liar and misrepresenter of science. Ray Comfort uses highly transparent tactics that have been pointed out to you again and again, but you're ignoring all of it. You are taking your newfound "knowledge" from a man who possesses none. He is a liar, and you're eating out of his hand.

evolution is like an endorphin drip drug to the atheists... atheist use it as a tool to be anti-God.

atheists are unique in this respect

I think you're just looking for excuses to entertain ignorant beliefs as though they were actually legimitate. Considering you can't fight science, you've decided to reinterpret it instead. And who better to reinterpret science in favor of creationism than the master of BS himself, Ray Comfort? Of course, once his version (and now your version) of science are pitted against the real deal, it quickly becomes obvious that both of you are full of hot air.

Long story short, you've proven just how little you really understand of the current and most widely supported theory of evolution. I'm not trying to be rude or mean; I'm trying to convince you to actually read what we're telling you. Ray Comfort's "science" is not really science. We can show you real science, and have spent this entire thread trying to do so. All you have to do is open your mind and read what we've shown you.
edit on 18-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

As an agnostic myself, I am saying that you are wrong. No, theists don't typically understand evolution correctly. For instance, earlier in the thread someone brought up the 2nd law of thermodynamics as some sort of proof that evolution couldn't be true. This is a misrepresentation of the 2nd law of thermodynamics, because it never suggests what creationists seem to suggest it does. Here, proof:

Misapplication of The Second Law

To claim that evolution violates the Second Law of Thermodynamics is also grounded in a misunderstanding of where the law applies. Nobody has ever figured out how to apply the second law to living creatures. There is no meaning to the entropy of a frog. The kinds of systems that can be analyzed with the second law are much simpler.

A living organism is not so much a unified whole as it is a collection of subsystems. In the development of life, for example, a major leap occurred when cells mutated in such a way that they clumped together so that multicellular life was possible. A simple mutation allowing one cell to stick to other cells enabled a larger and more complex life form. However, such a transformation does not violate the Second Law of Thermodynamics any more than superglue violates the law when it sticks your fingers to the kitchen counter.

There are many examples of order arising from disorder in nature. Research conducted by Ilya Prigogine1 and others on systems far from equilibrium has shown that order can spontaneously arise in systems that are driven in the right way. It turns out that living systems are characterized as being far from equilibrium.
The Second Law of Thermodynamics also has interesting implications for cosmology, as it requires that universe began in a highly ordered state.
biologos.org...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Krazysh0t

As an agnostic myself, I am saying that you are wrong. No, theists don't typically understand evolution correctly.

I am a theist... I sat through public school, as the majority does.

I was taught evolution by a teacher in a public school...

do teachers in public schools cause religious debate? do they use evolution in the god delusion debate?

so let me get this straight... you mean I Sisyphus do not understand evolution correctly?

because surely I do not speak or represent all theist.

can you be more clear in your assumption of "typically" ?

what about the theists that do understand it? you know the ones that are not typical...

they are still theists... explain that

edit on 18-11-2013 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I haven't met or discussed evolution with a theist who disbelieves evolution and actually understood evolution correctly. Every theist I've talked to who understands evolution correctly, believes that God and evolution can and do exist concurrently.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Krazysh0t

I haven't met or discussed evolution with a theist who disbelieves evolution

ok then...

so back to the discussion of how evolution is being used by a minority group of narcissistic individuals to further their belief that they are the only ones correct on the planet when it comes to beliefs.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

have you ever met a theist who was taught evolution and basically thought nothing of it until someone came along and said "God does not exist because of evolution" ?

have you ever met a theist who is losing faith in evolution because of the way it is being used?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I am not against science, I am against the men who would deify science at the expense of human truth.

How are people deifying science?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I have another question: how exactly is scientific truth different from human truth?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The great irony to all this is that some hardline creationists believe that if science somehow undermined modern evolutionary synthesis then creationism would be correct - which is, of course, another great fallacy. Invalidating one theory in no way validates another. It would simply mean a new theory must be sought which explained the observed facts.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join