It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I no longer believe in Evolution as currently being used

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

SisyphusRide
incorrect... it requires your belief and your minority's belief that it happens.

because it is unseen... and it is something you and your minority will never see.

I have clearly stated... and using the full title... not bending it or shortening it to your needs.

"I no longer believe in Evolution as currently being used"

language is a wonderful thing...

You know, you are wrong about that statement? We are able to reproduce evolution and study it in lab. It was mentioned many times just in this thread.

Evolution in the lab @ Berkeley

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

LOL....

God has placed a tap on the banana
)))))

One LOL is not sufficient enough.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

I guess you could look at domestic dogs... pretty much created by the hand of man, there they are direct decedents of the wolf.

Yes, there is significant evidence that dogs are a product of directed evolution by humans. But my questions was:

Second, I have to ask -- what is the evidence that "something evolved humans"? Does that evidence suggest that only human origins have been manipulated, or are you also suggesting that all life underwent similar manipulation?

What is the evidence that "something evolved humans"?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I disagree with the way evolution is currently being used

Does that somehow make evolution any less a scientific fact?

being used by atheists to attack Christians,

You provided no evidence or discussion of this in your OP.

being used by the Establishment that be to remove moral balances and checks,

and the effects that has had upon society and civility.

I know you are only here to attack Christians and theists...

Not at all. But I will do my best to correct scientific misconceptions where I see them. Such as your repeated claims that theism and acceptance of evolution are somehow mutually exclusive, when they clearly are not. I will agree that religious fundamentalism and essentially all of science are at odds with each other. Are you sure what you perceive as "attacks on Christians and theists" isn't more a case of science and atheists/agnostics vocally defending themselves against centuries of attacks by theists?
edit on 18/11/2013 by iterationzero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

AngryCymraeg

SisyphusRide
atheists use Darwin's evolution as a weapon

in fact, atheists are not educators... which is quite obvious.

atheists are doing science a great injustice...

edit on 17-11-2013 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

What, you mean by using it properly? I don't think you really understand science much, do you?

I am not against science, I am against the men who would deify science at the expense of human truth.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

No one here is deifying science. Science is not intended to be a religion. We use science in the manner of its inherent principles; that is to say, science is an investigative tool. What we want to know, science will eventually tell us if utilized correctly. I'm not surprised that offends you.
edit on 18-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

No one is deifying science. We use science in the manner of its inherent principles; that is to say, science is an investigative tool. What we want to know, science will eventually tell us if utilized correctly. I'm not surprised that offends you.

oh I am not offended... science one day may eventually prove darwinian evolution, but it is unlikely our textbooks will reflect this until another half a million years.

did a chicken really used to be a TRex? ...that is too cool.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Science HAS already proven theory of evolution.

Please, check this video, it is mentioning people like you...

What do you think?

Chicken did not used to be T-Rex, but they are their ancestors, according to genetic materials.

edit on 18-11-2013 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

iterationzero

watch videos much?

there is a video in the OP.

character assassination of the guy who made the video is one thing, it can not be denied the questions raised are interesting.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

SuperFrog
What do you think?

ain't nobody got time for that!

I'd like to see you present your theory to this person...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

So now you will be silly?

Interesting development and off-topic by OP.

Why even start topic if you don't have time for that?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

SuperFrog

"denial of evolution is unique to the United States"

really? what about Islam...?

the very first words out of his mouth caused my not to watch the video... Muslims are "radical" yes radical against science's belief in evolution, they will pretty much publicly execute you.

so I have to accept his fallacy in order for his train of thought to convince me it is truth correct?

He should reword it, something like...\

"the United States is the only place where atheists use evolution as a weapon against others beliefs"

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
-the guy just isn't very bright is he?

I mean opening a dialogue with that line hahahahahaha

98% of the planet deny evolution as it is currently being used by atheists... you know adding that little extra "since we evolved there is no god" twist to it.

Evolution is denied by a majority of people "globally" and that crosses religious beliefs.

therefore the guy is wrong...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Glad that you made good connection between radicals. Radicalism is the same, no matter what religion. Fundamental religion is dangerous and should not be thought to kids, just as Bill said.

Father Dr. George Coyne explains that very nicely...

Do you see that you are holding straws in this discussion?

Reason Bill Nye mention USA and is telling that is unique to USA - because we are among most advanced countries, yet we have large population having issue with science...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

SuperFrog

SisyphusRide
incorrect... it requires your belief and your minority's belief that it happens.

because it is unseen... and it is something you and your minority will never see.

I have clearly stated... and using the full title... not bending it or shortening it to your needs.

"I no longer believe in Evolution as currently being used"

language is a wonderful thing...

You know, you are wrong about that statement? We are able to reproduce evolution and study it in lab. It was mentioned many times just in this thread.

Evolution in the lab @ Berkeley

ok how long is it going to be till that fish becomes a human? walking and talking like the other humans are?

this experiment in adaptation and cross breeding is nothing new... take a look at the domestic dog... theyr'e still dogs.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

SuperFrog
Glad that you made good connection between radicals. Radicalism is the same, no matter what religion. Fundamental religion is dangerous and should not be thought to kids, just as Bill said.

no problem... even though if an atheist presents evolution to even non radicals they will deny it... globally

atheists just have that special way of educating people.

so I see you do not want to address that the very first words to come out of the mouth of one of your champions is a fallacy... a fallacy one has to believe without fact or evidence for the rest of his dialogue to make sense as he can comprehend it?

...I'm a quick draw I learned form the pro atheists who used to be on the forum, MIMS for example

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

SuperFrog
Reason Bill Nye mention USA and is telling that is unique to USA

there really is no need even to assassinate Bill's character now is there?

considering his argument has poor reasoning, it's an invalid argument...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

SisyphusRide
-the guy just isn't very bright is he?

I mean opening a dialogue with that line hahahahahaha

98% of the planet deny evolution as it is currently being used by atheists... you know adding that little extra "since we evolved there is no god" twist to it.

Evolution is denied by a majority of people "globally" and that crosses religious beliefs.

therefore the guy is wrong...

Can you please support your statistic that you are trowing around here?

According to pools back from 2009, 48% of Americans believe that evolution is best explanation of origins of human life on earth. When broken by religion, here are results:

Source * PEW - religious differences on the question of evolution

Recent poll show that there is more people believing in evolution then in creationism (here in USA), supporting latest numbers showing atheism and agnosticism on rise.

ncse.com... - cdn.yougov.com...

You will find out that there is less and less those believing in creationism... and here you can see why, on this topic.

Sorry for being messenger of bad news...

Once again, you're wrong.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

SisyphusRide

SuperFrog
Reason Bill Nye mention USA and is telling that is unique to USA

there really is no need even to assassinate Bill's character now is there?

considering his argument has poor reasoning, it's an invalid argument...

You got meaning wrong, he mentions USA because USA is unique among developed world:

pandasthumb.org...

At least we beat Turkey... as you see - you got it (partially) right...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

your divide and conquer tactics are weak too friend...

second only to character assassination

you may want to reread my last few posts, with pause...
edit on 18-11-2013 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join