I no longer believe in Evolution as currently being used

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by peter vlar

This is your forte, not mine. Hence my invitation. I can understand if you're reluctant to engage, given the opposition. Thanks for stopping by.

Not so much a reluctance to engage as it is a reluctance to continue smashing my face on the same door repeatedly. Other posters addressed things fairly well. Sometimes you can lead a horse to water but the only option when you get there is to hold its head under til the bubbles stop because its the 5th pristine water hole they've pretended wasnt staring them in the face.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

...Screw applause, you should get a trophy for that post.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Okay, you supply the trophy, I'll cover the applause.

This thread does nothing but continue a long established tradition in creationism to post nonsense that is divorced from reality and to simply repeat other creationists distorted misrepresentations.
Time after time with extremely few exceptions, a creationist will make a claim and cite a scientific source when in reality he had never ever seen that source, let alone read it.
edit on fSunday1318112f182802 by flyingfish because: DOH!

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Haha. Thank you AfterInfinity and flyingfish. I would take a bow but it may confuse some and I don't want anyone to mistake it for genuflecting before an altar.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

I'm afraid it will have to be a private ceremony. We don't want to derail the thread.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I'm afraid it will have to be a private ceremony. We don't want to derail the thread.

As if this thread was on the right track to begin with.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

Regardless, the topic is clearly set and presenting Peter with a trophy, however well deserved, serves as a derailment of the actual topic. And being a somewhat experienced member of ATS, I would be sorely remiss to demonstrate such blatant disregard for protocol.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

As lovely as the thought of a trophy is I would agree that there's no need to further derail this thread than it already is.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by SisyphusRide

evolution is "boring" it is akin to Lady Gaga

Then you have no business participating in this thread. Unless, of course, you're here to actually learn what evolution is all about. In which case, carry on.
edit on 16-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

yes it's my thread... maybe you missed the OP?

I disagree with the way evolution is currently being used

this is not a discussion to learn about evolution, it is a discussion on how evolution is being used...

being used by atheists to attack Christians, being used by the Establishment that be to remove moral balances and checks, and the effects that has had upon society and civility.

I know you are only here to attack Christians and theists... and it's all good... but you may want to do that in another thread if you can not stay on topic.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

iterationzero
Second, I have to ask -- what is the evidence that "something evolved humans"? Does that evidence suggest that only human origins have been manipulated, or are you also suggesting that all life underwent similar manipulation?

I guess you could look at domestic dogs... pretty much created by the hand of man, there they are direct decedents of the wolf.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

SisyphusRide

AfterInfinity

Then you have no business participating in this thread. Unless, of course, you're here to actually learn what evolution is all about. In which case, carry on.

this is not a discussion to learn about evolution, it is a discussion on how evolution is being used...

being used by atheists to attack Christians, being used by the Establishment that be to remove moral balances and checks, and the effects that has had upon society and civility.

I know you are only here to attack Christians and theists... and it's all good... but you may want to do that in another thread if you can not stay on topic.

And please note here, no atheist started thread about evolution, but you did with false statement that you learned about it in school, but now you doubt it... in my opinion, this is quite unproductive, you could create thread and ask what you stated in this last post of yours, but I guess you already know the answer...

Sorry, it is your right to believe anything you like to believe, but please don't try to make it science-compatible. It's not and never will be... Science is based on different kind of rules.... blind-belief is not one of them.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

are you confused by the topic title?

maybe you should not jump to conclusions, pause, take a deep breath and breathe...

you should not let you emotions rule your life.

the discussion is about how evolution is being used... yes

it is not about how it is being taught or even what it is about...

now... if everyone has exhausted their missiles and ammo we may be able to get on to the topic at hand?
edit on 17-11-2013 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

SisyphusRide

AfterInfinity

Ironically you neglect to mention how evolution is used by Christians and other theists to attack proponents of evolution as heathens who lack a moral compass because they somehow feel threatened by the concept and are under the impression that its an attempt to negate their god. I personally don't believe in a god or creator but I'm also not arrogant enough to insist that because this is what I believe that it is the only legitimate thought process. There's nothing to say that evolution and religion can't coexist or that they are mutually exclusive concepts. As a man of science, I follow the evidence. To me, there is not enough evidence to support a benevolent Abrahamic deity but if that evidence ever presented itself then I would be forced to alter my paradigm just like when any new evidence is peer reviewed and accepted by the scientific community. You don't like how evolution is used to attack Christians? How about the way Christians malign nearly anyone who disagrees with them in utter contradiction to Christ's teachings? That's some A game hypocrisy. Christianity does not hold exclusive domain to morals nor has evolutionary theory played any part in the removal of "moral checks and balances". Humans do just fine on their own destroying everything around them without being burdened by evolution. Otherwise we would have been a moral, just and peaceful society for 1000's of years. History shows this is not the case.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

it's all about the he said she said Bovine Fecal Matter!

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

SisyphusRide
the discussion is about how evolution is being used... yes

it is not about how it is being taught or even what it is about...

now... if everyone has exhausted their missiles and ammo we may be able to get on to the topic at hand?

Wait, you telling me that I don't know how to read... possible, as title is still 'I no longer believe in Evolution...'

To someone like me it is like saying I no longer believe in gravity and I will fly.... (before jumping from high building)

All I can say - good luck.

There is no discussion here, you never was interested in one... Evolution does not require your belief to happen...

It was all about trying to validate your belief.

Now, let me ask you, what do you mean how evolution is being used.

I think that you got into territory where you don't have any good arguments and now are trying to say that you are not treated well... Am I correct?

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

SuperFrog
Evolution does not require your belief to happen...

incorrect... it requires your belief and your minority's belief that it happens.

because it is unseen... and it is something you and your minority will never see.

I have clearly stated... and using the full title... not bending it or shortening it to your needs.

"I no longer believe in Evolution as currently being used"

language is a wonderful thing...

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
atheists use Darwin's evolution as a weapon

in fact, atheists are not educators... which is quite obvious.

atheists are doing science a great injustice...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

SisyphusRide
atheists use Darwin's evolution as a weapon

in fact, atheists are not educators... which is quite obvious.

atheists are doing science a great injustice...

What, you mean by using it properly? I don't think you really understand science much, do you?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

actually no, a video on youtube has not has not shattered my confidence of something I have been suspicious of for quite some time. My brow was raised over 2 decades ago with the debate over the missing link and our lack of evidence. Science can discover worlds orbiting other stars, some of which even have atmospheres, but they can not provide rock solid evidence to convince me that the way I was raised (believing in God and celebrating Christmas) is false or a misconception or untrue.

Christmas is a pagan holiday. Jesus, if he ever actually existed, was not born during the winter. Christmas was retained and assimilated as an attempt to sweeten the otherwise bull#-infested conversion process. It made it easier for the businessmen whose job it was to sell Christianity to a people who didn't want it.

A little research reveals the most amazing things. For all of your educational needs, I highly recommend Google and associated search engines, including but not restricted to ATS's own Samuru engine.
edit on 15-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

how do you know Jesus wasn't born in the winter?

did someone tell you? you read it, somewhere?

wal-mart ain't that old. neither is hallmark.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

tsingtao

AfterInfinity

actually no, a video on youtube has not has not shattered my confidence of something I have been suspicious of for quite some time. My brow was raised over 2 decades ago with the debate over the missing link and our lack of evidence. Science can discover worlds orbiting other stars, some of which even have atmospheres, but they can not provide rock solid evidence to convince me that the way I was raised (believing in God and celebrating Christmas) is false or a misconception or untrue.

Christmas is a pagan holiday. Jesus, if he ever actually existed, was not born during the winter. Christmas was retained and assimilated as an attempt to sweeten the otherwise bull#-infested conversion process. It made it easier for the businessmen whose job it was to sell Christianity to a people who didn't want it.

A little research reveals the most amazing things. For all of your educational needs, I highly recommend Google and associated search engines, including but not restricted to ATS's own Samuru engine.
edit on 15-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

how do you know Jesus wasn't born in the winter?

did someone tell you? you read it, somewhere?

wal-mart ain't that old. neither is hallmark.

The bible itself tells you that Jesus could not have been born in the winter. In Luke, it says that the shepherds were in the fields, they would not have been so in the winter. Likewise the Roman Legate wouldn't require citizens of Judea to travel to the cities of their fathers for a census in the middle of winter when it is so cold. This isn't because the Romans were nice, it was because they had already run into problems with prior census' taken in outlying provinces, in some cases outright revolts which they preferred to avoid. John the Baptist was supposed to have been 5 months older than his cousin and was supposed to have been born in the fall. All of the above make it highly probably that Jesus was, if he existed at all, born in the spring. Christmas was not even a standardized holiday until 440 CE when Constantine essentially overtook the festival of Sol Invictus and repurposed it as Christmas. To Christians at the time it didn't make much difference as they celebrated the Nativity at various points of the year as there was no canonized date prior to Constantine's conversion and consequently they already decorated their homes for and celebrated Saturnalia/Sol Invictus in order to not stand out as Christians to the Romans. Christmas didn't even become an important holiday until a the late 18th/early 19th centuries. It wasn't even a legal holiday in any US States until 1837.

new topics
top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join

Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant
read more: Ora.TV's Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant