It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I no longer believe in Evolution as currently being used

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
A year ago I was a person who accepted evolution as it is currently being used in academia, but as an observer of facts, evidence and discussions abroad I have come to the conclusion that it is something which requires faith to believe in and can not be proven.

a very good little video clip on the subject, including our up and coming academics and some of the teachers which instruct and teach them... paid for by the families and taxpayers.

thanks for watching

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

SisyphusRide
A year ago I was a person who accepted evolution as it is currently being used in academia, but as an observer of facts, evidence and discussions abroad I have come to the conclusion that it is something which requires faith to believe in and can not be proven.

a very good little video clip on the subject, including our up and coming academics and some of the teachers which instruct and teach them... paid for by the families and taxpayers.

thanks for watching

Oh brother...THIS video again? He is using the SAME tricks as usual....never appearing on camera when asking the question and then editing the question to make the answer sound crazy or not valid to his point. Let me know when this guy actually gets himself IN FRONT of the camera WITH the person he is questioning so we can actually SEE him ask the question. Until then...all he is doing is going to his edit room and dubbing a new question in.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Here are my examples of Ray Comfort lying and manipulating from the last time this video showed up....

Vasa Croe
Here are a couple examples of the ways Ray Comfort manipulates in his videos:

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

So your confidence in evolution has been shattered by a Youtube video. If such is the case, you never understood evolution to begin with. Everything else I have to say has already been previously covered by the posts preceding mine. You would do well to examine them thoroughly...just as thoroughly as you examined that Ray Comfort trash.
edit on 15-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Religion requires people to believe in it. Evolution doesn't.

You and anyone or even everyone can spontaneously not believe in evolution, and, it'll still happen.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

That's the difference between science and religion.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I believe in Evolution but not as it is taught. I believe something is steering it just like we have steered bacteria and other microbes to evolve faster. Something evolved humans, it wasn't random evolution. Something steered us down the path we are going.

So then, I think that the two theories, evolution and creationism need to be combined.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
For some reason the religion camp like to use the word 'faith' to insult the science camp despite having 'faith' themselves. And for some reason the science camp get offended by this. The use of that word doesn't change what you think. All that video shows is an example of this. It adds nothing to the creation vs evolution debate.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Vasa Croe
Here are my examples of Ray Comfort lying and manipulating from the last time this video showed up....
Here are a couple examples of the ways Ray Comfort manipulates in his videos:

and... what do these videos have to do with the clip I posted?

---

AfterInfinity

So your confidence in evolution has been shattered by a Youtube video. If such is the case, you never understood evolution to begin with:

actually no, a video on youtube has not has not shattered my confidence of something I have been suspicious of for quite some time. My brow was raised over 2 decades ago with the debate over the missing link and our lack of evidence. Science can discover worlds orbiting other stars, some of which even have atmospheres, but they can not provide rock solid evidence to convince me that the way I was raised (believing in God and celebrating Christmas) is false or a misconception or untrue.

---

AliceBleachWhite

Religion requires people to believe in it. Evolution doesn't:

you obviously have not watched the entire video clip? but it is quite possible you just can not wrap your brain around the morality of it and the questions and answers... it starts to get really good near the 18min mark or just before then.

---

rickymouse
I believe in Evolution but not as it is taught. I believe something is steering it just like we have steered bacteria and other microbes to evolve faster. Something evolved humans, it wasn't random evolution. Something steered us down the path we are going.

So then, I think that the two theories, evolution and creationism need to be combined:

how it is being taught and used I have a problem with, and I agree with your statement... it is not that I have completely blown off evolution, it is just that some posters should not be so impulsive and defensive. It is kind of like the part in the clip where the guy asks people to spell "shop" and then he asks them what you do at a green light.

edit on 15-11-2013 by SisyphusRide because: can't we multi-quote no longer?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Perfectday
For some reason the religion camp like to use the word 'faith' to insult the science camp despite having 'faith' themselves. And for some reason the science camp get offended by this. The use of that word doesn't change what you think. All that video shows is an example of this. It adds nothing to the creation vs evolution debate.

what's good for the goose is good for the gander... you obviously missed the Dakwins and Darwin quotes in the clip too.

it doesn't matter if you have watched it or not, but I can tell you this... over that past year I have even attended seminars and discussions on the matter and have received both the atheistic points and the theistic point of the argument. One thing that is obviously clear in my journeys is that the theistic group are alot more well mannered and are basically happier and more successful individuals. It is just a little fact I have noticed.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

What do they have to do with the clip you posted? Seriously? Your clip was a RAY COMFORT video....the clips I posted are showing the practices he uses to manipulate his videos.

Maybe you should investigate the makers of a video prior to asking what they have to do with your clip....

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
So what you are saying is the likes of this, made you believe evolution is wrong?

That's okay with the rest of us. You are better off with the banana.

www.patheos.com...
edit on 15-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

actually no, a video on youtube has not has not shattered my confidence of something I have been suspicious of for quite some time. My brow was raised over 2 decades ago with the debate over the missing link and our lack of evidence. Science can discover worlds orbiting other stars, some of which even have atmospheres, but they can not provide rock solid evidence to convince me that the way I was raised (believing in God and celebrating Christmas) is false or a misconception or untrue.

Christmas is a pagan holiday. Jesus, if he ever actually existed, was not born during the winter. Christmas was retained and assimilated as an attempt to sweeten the otherwise bull#-infested conversion process. It made it easier for the businessmen whose job it was to sell Christianity to a people who didn't want it.

A little research reveals the most amazing things. For all of your educational needs, I highly recommend Google and associated search engines, including but not restricted to ATS's own Samuru engine.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Vasa Croe

What do they have to do with the clip you posted? Seriously? Your clip was a RAY COMFORT video....the clips I posted are showing the practices he uses to manipulate his videos.

Maybe you should investigate the makers of a video prior to asking what they have to do with your clip....

I have investigated... and this has to do with what? let me help you here, it has to do with character assassination... the typical non engaging tactic and avoidance of the evolutionist.

engage me in the debate please
the links you posted are of a different video, and one of them is a joke video with the magnetic thingy.

what's your point again then? would you like to discuss the questions being posed in the video I posted? if not then please move along I do not appreciate you derailing my thread.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
Christmas is a pagan holiday. Jesus, if he ever actually existed

there is plenty of historicity of Jesus... such as Herod Antipas letter to the Roman Senate about Jesus & John the Baptist.

there is actually more evidence that Jesus was a man who existed than there is for proof of evolution of one kind of species into another kind of species.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

SisyphusRide

Vasa Croe

I have investigated... and this has to do with what? let me help you here, it has to do with character assassination... the typical non engaging tactic and avoidance of the evolutionist.

engage me in the debate please
the links you posted are of a different video, and one of them is a joke video with the magnetic thingy.

what's your point again then? would you like to discuss the questions being posed in the video I posted? if not then please move along I do not appreciate you derailing my thread.

Your video is made by the SAME PERSON that made the videos I posted. How is this hard to understand?

Ray Comfort asks questions to people without ever being on the screen himself in your video. They answer the question he originally asks. He THEN goes back to his studio, edits the question to make it sound as if he has stumped the ones being questioned. It is a very simple tactic. He is NEVER actually on screen so you can't see him talking. He edits the audio AFTER the fact.

He is KNOWN for this...no character assassination needed.

If you can't understand that simple FACT nor do any research yourself on Ray Comfort to find that out then I am not surprised you were duped into believing him.
edit on 11/15/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

So then, I think that the two theories, evolution and creationism need to be combined.

Be careful what you wish for. Humans creating life may not be that far off. If it does happen, many people will be forced to re-examine creationism.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

No, his historic existence isn't really in question anymore, is it? But his teachings and life are very much in question. Widely debated, in fact, due to the "sheer multitude of detail and its inconsistencies and contradictions" regarding his story as related by the numerous documents generated by second and third-hand parties, as Geoffrey Blainey has said. His existence, in and of itself, is the closest thing to a fact we have regarding his life. But you won't deny that Christmas is a pagan holiday, despite your contrary implications in a previous post.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Here....let me point you to the original thread on this video that was THOROUGHLY debated and shown to be fraudulent with over 47 pages of posts....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Vasa Croe
Your video is made by the SAME PERSON that made the videos I posted. How is this hard to understand

so let me get this straight... you are saying the debunk and character assassination videos which you posted were made by and uploaded to youtube by LivingWaters dot com and uploaded and made by Ray Comfort himself?

if not then what does this have to do with the questions in the video I posted and the topic at hand? if not then you may admit you are wrong and only acting on your impulses which you have learned from other atheists like a textbook of methodology.

but the atheist textbook of methodology is not remotely similar to the "moral" methodology of the Bible...

edit on 15-11-2013 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join