It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Group: Tehran Received Nuke Bomb Drawings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The government of Iran using the same black market source that Lybia once used may have purchased the blueprints to build a nuclear bomb between 1994 and 1996. The plans were acquired from Abdul Qadeer Khan, head of the Pakistani nuclear network that supplied both countries. He also, in 2001, may have supplied the Iranians with enriched uranium. The information by and large came from Farid Soleimani, a senior official for the National Council for Resistance in Iran.

story.news.yahoo.com
VIENNA, Austria - Iran bought blueprints of a nuclear bomb from the same black-market network that gave Libya such diagrams and continues to enrich uranium despite a commitment to suspend the technology that can be used for atomic weapons, an Iranian opposition group said Wednesday

Farid Soleimani, a senior official for the National Council for Resistance in Iran, said the diagram was provided by Abdul Qadeer Khan, the Pakistani head of the nuclear network linked to clandestine programs in both Iran and Libya.

"He gave them the same weapons design he gave the Libyans as well as more in terms of weapons design," Soleimani told reporters in Vienna.

Soleimani said the diagram and related material on how to make nuclear weapons was handed to the Iranians between 1994 and 1996.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Iran had steadfastly maintained that its nuclear aims were power generation and not weapons. However, a lot of evidence seems to indicate that may not be the whole truth. The issue of Iran will no doubt be on the forefront for sometime. However, I for one will require more proff than I did from the administration regarding Iraq before I would support any attack or war over the Iranian nuclear program.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
POLITICS: Nuclear Deal With Iranians Has Angered Hard-Liners

[edit on 11/17/04 by FredT]

[edit on 11/17/04 by FredT]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I would need a whole lot more proof as well, Fred, especially after reading this:

cns.miis.edu...

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
If there's one thing I've come to understand is governments can come up with any proof the public needs to go to war. The government just needs to decide if there is money to be made out of the war or political gain. In the past wars have been fought over less and will continue to be, the trick is to avoid getting embroiled in them from my point of view.

There is no such thing as a good or right war!

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Here we go. Looks like we are starting to lay the groundwork. Won't be long until Israeli jets fly over Iraq and take out some Iranian facilities with those new US bunkerbusters they bought. Then we know that Iran blames the USA for any action taken by Israel and a few missles are launched into our green zones in Iraq. Dominoes. Just a matter of time now.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The Iranian Army is quite formidable from what I have heard, they just won't let America or Isreal walk all over them...

Deep

top topics

join