It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oprah Tells The World 'Many Americans Hate Obama Because He's Black'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

People hate Obama because he's the democrat who was supposed to save the day from the evil republicans. The dems thought he was more capable of uniting the parties than he actually was. However, it is known that the republicans set out to destroy Obama's presidency before he set foot in office, which makes his presidency look a lot worse than it really is compared to past POTUS's.

The president's race does have some to do with the hate that is directed towards him in instances where there is simply a disagreement between views or values. There is also a sense that most who were against Obama from the start wanted him to fail at all costs, even if it included not working together for America's betterment. Regardless if one chooses to believe this or not, there was a fear by many American groups that a black man would save the day after a white man (Bush) had a major part in tanking the economy. Did these groups play a major factor in contributing to Obama's failure? Yes and no.

Oprah's statement is true and untrue at the same time. Since Obama, technically and factually is a moderate conservative with the ACA being his only liberal achievement (though very impactful), he tends to straddle the fence which makes him look weak and untrustworthy to both parties. However, if he were to run the country the way conservatives would agree best, he would find himself hated by his own party and still hated by conservatives. Not making an excuse for the POTUS, just giving you an idea of where his head is lingering.

The major question is do the republicans want control more than they want to help America? If this is true, and I think it to be true, Obama is just a democratic president in the wrong place at the wrong time, where republicans will do whatever it takes to get the American people to see that they were right all along and the economic tank of 08 should be forgiven. It seems Obama is hated because he is black, but he is mostly hated out of desperation by his opposing party who wants nothing else except redemption from the American people.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

Many people hated Bush 43 too.
But they were told to STFU and respect the President. By people like the OP.
See the difference ?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I think people just don't like him. I know a rainbow of folks who don't care for him. I know a rainbow of folks who do. I don't think there is a dividing line between the colors. They blend. Same thing with sex, religion, and orientation.

I really like Oprah, but lately she seems to be going the way of the rest of the pot stirrers. I believe Ms. Winfrey has made quite a successful career based on who she is, not what she looks like. If she falls prey to the racist backlash, what can we do?

Another thing, a wee bit off topic, but this favorite things shows are grating on me. I understand she wants to help others, I see it as buying viewers. Just saying.....don't take this woman seriously folks.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by StallionDuck

Racism doesn't necessarily mean that someone views a member of another race negatively. I guess lots of people thought his politics would be better or more fair because he is black, and are now disappointed that he is just like most other politicians.

The same goes for sexism of course, which is why female politicians still tend to have some sort of a 'woman-bonus' if you will, with people voting for them because they are female and thus somehow 'softer' or so. People keep thinking that even though women like Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton or Condoleezza Rice have been around for quite some time now...

Unsurprisingly nobody ever complains about that though.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
Everyone's racist to some degree. We all have prejudices against people that are not identical to us to some varying degree. Conscious or unconscious, we judge and treat each person different than the next.

Lots of people would say, "I'm not a racist!" -- well, hate to break it to ya, but unless someone is just like you -- yes, yes you are (on some level). This is why the "race" card is so effective.

Is it right of Oprah to use it in this instance? Maybe not, but I think white people are more racist against Obama than they want to believe.

Maybe some, but not most, I have never looked at color, yes character, not color.

I just don't believe that.

We were over that a long time ago, take the music industry for instance, take some of our favorite actors, did we not listen to their music and watch their movies?

Then imagine my surprise when I found out there was black liberation theology.

Even Islam, when 9/11 happened I was into Sufi mysticism and reading love poems by Rumi, studying Hinduism and Buddhism.
wtf?

I didn't know everyone hated America.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

LeBombDiggity
reply to post by MmmPie

See the difference ?

what?

I don't recall FF ever telling people to shut up.

That's just not true.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Obama was voted in as POTUS because he's black.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

And she is an idiot.
Nothing really else to say.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Using race as an argument is a tool of the weak minded.

Oprah is nothing but a proven racist herself and fits well with the rest of the scum who pull nonsense like this. That anyone takes what she says seriously is beyond my comprehension.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

LeBombDiggity
reply to post by MmmPie

See the difference ?

I think another thing to consider is that millions more people are "awake" now than back when Bush was prez. In large part due to the housing bubble, market crash, banker bailout, QE, unemployment, recession and the election of BHO. When millions of people lose their homes because of 6 of the 7 reasons listed above, it kind of makes them take notice and re-evaluate everything.

People are angry. WHo do angry Americans point the finger at when their nation gets a black eye? The president. He's just a prisoner of circumstance like all the rest of us.
edit on 1601x6716America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago11 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
i just believe ha has very very poor descision making skills and should be a used car salesman at best. at least if he was a used car salesman he wouldn't have signed the ndaa.
edit on 15-11-2013 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

I'll agree with most of that and I apologize for labeling somebody as "white" when I don't actually know his or her race. Just as racism comes in many forms, race-baiting comes in many forms, would you agree to that?

Yes, I agree. I starred your last reply. And I think I posted that in my response, and specifically said I wasn't directing at you.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Technically, Oprah is being racist (internalized racism?) by saying such a thing. Never once did it come to my mind, that such a factor of race would play into a huge opinion on the president's errors. I didn't believe so, and I don't now. Yes, there are racists still out there, but I think there is a bigger picture to this, he's made a lot of mistakes as president.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

LeBombDiggity

By people like me??? Really??? What a strange thing for you to say.
You don't know anything about me.

As I said ... years and years and years ago I thought 'respect the office'.
That went away.

ATS Thread from 2008 - I will respect the Office of POTUS
Let's see what people have to say from 6 years ago .. shall we??
You should respect the office of POTUS
OH LOOK .. I posted waaaay back then that I didn't trust or respect the office of POTUS.

And one similar thread from our old buddy JSObecky

AND an ATS thread about people discussing respecting the office of POTUS with Bush43 in ...

edit on 11/15/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

uhmm... a quick look online BHO is

50% white
43% arab
7% black

so.. yeah..

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

LeBombDiggity

] What I said about respecting the office four years ago ... Obviously this wasn't something 'new' for me

I'll give it the same 'respect' I'd give a cobra snake if I came upon it.
- keep my distance.
- watch it's every move.
- not trust it. (if it appears to be sleeping or being nice .. it only means it's lul'n me for a strike)
- if I have to interact with it .. I'll play nice but my eyes will not leave it for one second.
- but mostly ... just leave it the hell alone and hope it leaves me alone.

Can you tell me where I said 'shut the F up' to someone?

As I said ... years and years and years ago I was of the 'respect the office' thing ...
Maybe during the Clinton years. I don't know if I was still thinking that during Bush43.
(I doubt it ... I don't remember). But as of at least four years ago my attitude was
not one of 'respect it and STFU' ....

edit on 11/15/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Isn't it more like the black people in America love Obama only for being black?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I have no idea on how to respond to this, but any respect I had for Oprah has just gone down the toilet.

smh

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
While I can not deny that is people that hate Obama because of his race I can not say that now he is hated for that alone, People are hating Obama for turning out to be the opposite of what he was before elected and also for Obamacare.

I guess we Ms. Oprah can say also that people hate ACA because is black.

Yes I been sarcastic.

Excuses are like backsides everybody have them
edit on 15-11-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Demoblican

People hate Obama because he's the democrat who was supposed to save the day from the evil republicans.

Since Obama, technically and factually is a moderate conservative with the ACA being his only liberal achievement (though very impactful)

That's an over-generalization if not completely wrong. People keep saying other people "hate" Obama but more accurately they hate what he's doing.

As far from Obama being a moderate...?? What? That guy is a total progressive who wants to restrict or remove as many constitutional rights as he can get away with. And he's only backed off a bit because he's hit a few blocks from congress and been exposed by the press. He's total nanny-state and that's not moderate.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join