It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oprah Tells The World 'Many Americans Hate Obama Because He's Black'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

ObjectZero
They must be getting needy if they're playing the race card again.

His approval numbers are at 39% this week. (and as I said, I have no idea why they are even that high). Oprah was talking to the BBC about the movie she's in - The Butler. Of course, racism came up. And she made her statements about Obama being hated because he's black.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Let's face it. Oprah is so far out of touch with the everyday poor and middle class people, she has no idea what we think, how we live or anything. She should not even try to understand why we don't like the president.
It drives me crazy when the super rich say this crap. She may have had her "meager" beginnings, but as soon as that first million rolled it, she forgot everything about it.
It's been a while since she has been in the spotlight. She needed to make herself relevant again. Fail.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
DON'T FORGET THIS GEM FROM THE INTERVIEW -

She said the white anti-black racists JUST HAVE TO DIE.
But she said nothing about the black anti-white racists.

BBC News - Full Video of Oprah Interview

American broadcaster and actress Oprah Winfrey said there was a whole generation of racist people who were "born and bred and marinated" in racism who would never change their ways, but that would die out.

She didn't say 'that would die out' ... she said 'THEY JUST HAVE TO DIE' I guess she's talking about nonblack folks ... but what about black anti-white racists? From what I see, those folks are still running strong. Does she think that all the anti-white black folks who live in the cities and deep south should 'just have to die' as well? She didn't include them in her 'they just have to die' talk ...

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Absolutely impossible.
No white people have ever disliked someone
because they were black.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

oh I hate that. Now they are gonna pull the racist card?

If he can't do the job, that is all that matters.

What a huge stuff up for the American's... losing their health insurance??

he really has to put his hand up for that one and take the flak for it... he stuffed up and he has lost favour with voters.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

sealing
Absolutely impossible.
No white people have ever disliked someone
because they were black.

No black people have ever disliked someone because they were white, either.

The point is that... even if Obama was a pretty purple plumb, his politics would still rub some the wrong way and then... the excuse would be what? That we were all fruitists?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Thats not the case at all, people are hating Obama because he is taking apart the country bit by bit.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Ya know, Obama isn't all THAT black. He's bi-racial and he couldn't have gotten elected if a whole lot of white folks didn't vote for him. Wasn't but just a month or so ago that Oprah herself was whining about Obama and how she feels used because she did so much for him and now he's ignoring her. Whaaaaaa.
The race card is getting soooooo old.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

FlyersFan

His approval numbers are at 39% this week. (and as I said, I have no idea why they are even that high). Oprah was talking to the BBC about the movie she's in - The Butler. Of course, racism came up. And she made her statements about Obama being hated because he's black.

Saw that data as well, I'm unsure how they collected the data for that poll. It seems very high to me as well, there are many ways to fudge a poll like approval rating. They'll take any "no comment", "don't care" and "not really as a yes they like him. Which means 61% of the people that took the poll gave a clear no.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I truly dislike both G.W. Bush and Obama, neither do their job, both
have egos the size of Texas, both are convinced their policy is more
important than the desires or well being of those they govern.....

Lets see two ego maniacs who refuse to actually listen and we
hate the one because hes african american..... right......
I dont honestly even consider him to be black at all, hes a
typical politician, apparently she missed the memo that no
matter the race politicians are all about the same, dishonest
and incapable of acknowledging that partisan politics is
the real problem and they are part of it.

For gods sake they have as much as come out and said, Yeah i
did bad but he did worse so there meh! with the tongue out
and all.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

I truly dislike both G.W. Bush and Obama, neither do their job, both
have egos the size of Texas, both are convinced their policy is more
important than the desires or well being of those they govern.....

Thank you, ditto!

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
People hate Obama because he is a lying, back stabbing, self serving politician. Just like people hate Oprah because she is a lying, self serving hypocrite.

She really needs to find that distinction. If his approval ratings being low are a sign of racism, that means his election was a huge act of racism by everyone who voted for him, ("ok, ok, we will finally vote in this black guy").

Think about it.

How do people actually listen to this woman?

I'm sure she will search high and low until she finds some random 0.02394% of the population, two hicks in some swamp who say they don't like Obama because he's black, so she can "prove" her point.
edit on 15-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

Probably the first non biased reply in this thread.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

FlyersFan

Staroth
How does she define all the blacks that currently hate Obama?

93% of black voters in the USA voted for him (2012). (so obviously race was an issue for a lot of them) Once they have been screwed over by Obamacare, I'm thinking a lot of the black voters who voted based on race are going to be rather conflicted. Will they be glad they voted for the black guy ... or will they be ticked off because the black guy didn't deliver, and even worse, is costing them money they don't have?

edit on 11/15/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

your assumptions...blacks will be screwed over by Obamacare....therefore, blacks will be ticked off at Obama because he didn't deliver them healthcare, or they might have to pay a higher premium for it.
you apparently think black people are pretty simple-minded to make this type of comment.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Many people, when they view someone who is not like them.. they view them as collective instead of individual. Its ignorant but people are out there.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Obama is an epic fail and Oprah has become one, the only thing they have left is the race card. They are both an embarrassment to there race and there country.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Oprah should talk she is racist herself! She pulls the "white people hate blacks" card any chance she can get.

I never really liked her and think she needs to just shut it and keep her views and opinions to herself.

As for what she said well she is right to an extent but I don't think that is the main reason people dislike Obama here. I think the reasons you stated are why people dislike Obama so much.

I mean Obamacare is the worst and so many people fell for it and now they are eating the words of praise over it and Obama. I know MANY people who wish they never voted for him and I also know quite a few people who dislike Obama for his color which amazes me because he IS HALF white so he is 50/50 yet people only see the skin color. Pathetic if you ask me.

Obama hasn't really done ONE thing he said he would and that is why I dislike him. I voted the first time for him but I did not vote this second time at all.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Well...

I don't think any more of Mr. Biden, Harry Reid, Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, Geraldo Rivera, or Lil Kim Jong Il, than I do of Mr. Obama, so I MUST BE POLYRACIST. It seems that I also have a problem with women, so I think I'll add Oprah to that list. As an equal opportunity "hater", I feel much better now. At least I'm not prejudiced.

Oprah needs to get over herself.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 678America/Chicago11RAmerica/Chicago2013-11-15T09:16:22-06:00Friday00000022America/Chicago by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

wlasikiewicz

Thats not the case at all, people are hating Obama because he is taking apart the country bit by bit.

republican governors are attempting to ban 40 year old legislation on abortion...republican governors are trying to make it harder to vote, not easier....republican governors do not want their people to have affordable healthcare...republican governors do not want to raise the minimum wage...republican majority in the supreme court made corporations human beings protected by the bill of rights...a republican majority in the supreme court struck down the key enforcement mechanism in the 50-year-old civil rights act. the republican congress cut funding to the CDC, and the NIH who work to control disease outbreaks, biological weapons, and testing for drug safety...the republican congress has twice in 2 years tried to bankrupt the U.S. by not paying its bills...the republicans voted to shutdown the government, and then blamed the president for closing war memorials because of that shutdown...the republicans in congress refuse to work on immigration bills, job bills, infrastructure bills...they have cut funding to oversite and regulatory agencies that monitor clean water, safe food, wall street, banking, environment, the oil industry....

but.............people are hating Obama, because he is taking apart the country bit by bit.......
edit on 15-11-2013 by jimmyx because: syntax

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

well if you have a twitter account, you can see many racist people that appear to be white callin him a monkey, Nigga monkey... all kinds of racist crap so even if your not aware of it or you don't take part in it doesn't mean its not real.

I think most become blinded by denial when they feel black people are pulling the race card..

but maybe Oprah "getting needy" being one of the richest black women in the world..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join