It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oprah Tells The World 'Many Americans Hate Obama Because He's Black'

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

FlyersFan

Spider879
Obama is as far as I know is largely not of slave ancestry not through his Black Kenyan father anyway although ironically it's through his white mom's ancestors that he was a descendant of the first documented African slave in the American colonies.

Obama white Ancestors .... 2 owned 2 slaves, and one fought on the side of the Union to end slavery

Obama's black ancestors in the USA owned black slaves

Obama's black Arab-African Father had Slave Traders in his Ancestry Lineage

edit on 11/17/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

That was the point I was making to Bo xian that he was largely not of slave ancestry in any case one cannot be responsible for an accident of birth.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

BO XIAN
reply to post by Spider879

Folks who did their homework knew that O was a corrupt, vengeful, manipulative, globalist stooge, traitorous DESTROYER, narcissist, pathological liar . . .

WELL BEFORE

he ever "ran for" President.

The stench of his ruthlessness could be smelled a long way off.

His Chicago antics and young adult antics in his own words were fairly well known to those who did their homework on him.

The Ayers connection was well known.

Many people do not do their home work when considering voting for a Pres. they go with the party's nominee unless a body turned up buried in the back yard most sins will be forgiven or go unoticed, but to say that everyone who hated him then knew he was all the above is not true, I heard bets in bad jokes about how long it will take before he got assassinated (oh just set off the NSA flag)
edit on 17-11-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

RIGHT YOU ARE, OF COURSE.

It still just boggles my mind that anyone with an IQ above freezing could be that clueless.

It seems to me that such DENIAL would take sooooo much emotional energy to keep shoved in the closet . . . it would have to be somewhat wearying.

I could be wrong. Maybe it's a life-long habit of denial sooooo entrenched that it doesn't any longer take that much emotional energy to keep the bicycle going.

You have any guess on such scores?

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

FlyersFan

No ... it's not hyperbole to say he's the worst .. it's people expressing their opinion on the matter. And their opinions obviously do not match with yours. That doesn't make them wrong. That doesn't make you wrong.

Nor does it make us Racist. He is the worst president to date. His track record proves it, and we've had two terrible presidents before him. It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

But that being said, I've always believed the roll of the presidency in the modern times is that of the paper lining the bird cage. We all know who the bird really is, and it's not totally the president. It's all those who control him.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

BO XIAN

RIGHT YOU ARE, OF COURSE.

It still just boggles my mind that anyone with an IQ above freezing could be that clueless.

It seems to me that such DENIAL would take sooooo much emotional energy to keep shoved in the closet . . . it would have to be somewhat wearying.

I could be wrong. Maybe it's a life-long habit of denial sooooo entrenched that it doesn't any longer take that much emotional energy to keep the bicycle going.

You have any guess on such scores?

We tend to vote our hopes and dreams kinda like hoping that we hold the winning ticket to lotto,but like most ticket holders our ticket never pans out our $$ like our votes seems wasted but before next Friday we will be queuing up in line again like we will queuing up for the next nominee.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Spider879
We tend to vote our hopes and dreams kinda like hoping that we hold the winning ticket to lotto,but like most ticket holders our ticket never pans out our $$ like our votes seems wasted but before next Friday we will be queuing up in line again like we will queuing up for the next nominee.

Good insight, of course.

I'm reminded of the old dictum that we tend to get the government we deserve.

Wishful thinking . . . .

Magical thinking . . .

Pie-in-the-sky fantasies . . .

Dreamy-eyed fantasies . . .

Funny smoke fostered fantasies . . .

Reality tooooo painful, too complex and toooo threatening to face soberly so . . . . dream on . . . deny on . . . blather on about inconsequentials because the things of consequence are tooooo mind boggling to face.

Sigh.

Thx for your kind insightful replies.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Oprah has a lot of things to say lately, guess she is really trying to cash in on her latest movie.

Oprah: Racists Have to Die for Racism to End

newsbusters.org...

She basically says that all older white men need to die...because we are all racist.

If all racists need to die, then Oprah, set the example and kill yourself first.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by zeevar

Somebody else pointed out that it wasn't relevant to the discussion that she was African american.
A liberal view would say that this was a valid point made, but surely one of the criterias for a discussion is to have ALL the facts presented...warts and all.

That was MY view, and I AM FAR FROM being a "liberal". While I DO agree that "the criterias for a discussion is to have ALL the facts presented", this discussion IS NOT about African American "warts". It's about Oprah's "warts", so that women's ethnicity isn't a fact that is pertinent.

To me she was just an ungrateful mare, she could of just turned the car down or sold it for a profit.

Now, it seems that you agree with the point that I was making.

My other bugbear is this eggshell approach to labeling people... to me African american is a PC government label... how many of you can honestly say once you hear African american you think "oh..black".

My problem with "labels" is that they seem to be more important to most Americans than an individual's actions, or character, are. Those "labels" only serve to divide us.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Spider, the point is that if race were an issue to the American public ( white people included) Obama would never have gotten elected in the first place. Sure , there may be a tiny demographic that hates him because he's "black". There's also a demographic that hated every president before him just because they were white. But these demographics are so small they are of no consequence. So why even mention them?
You said he leans right of center. I can see that. He also leans left. He is the worst of both parties with none of the good from either. We ALL deserve better.
To make excuses for this failure of a president just because he is black is lame brained ,limp kcid ,racially charged weak sauce.

edit on 17-11-2013 by riffraff because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2013 by riffraff because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Personally I refuse to even use the term "African American". Unless you were born in africa then changed your citizenship you are not african american. It's PC mind control bull crap. I am not European American. I am "white". If its fine to say white then it's fine to say black. That is equality.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

riffraff

Personally I refuse to even use the term "African American". Unless you were born in africa then changed your citizenship you are not african american. It's PC mind control bull crap. I am not European American. I am "white". If its fine to say white then it's fine to say black. That is equality.

I donno if it's a great idea to just to label one self with a color that has no bearing or a connection to an ancestral home,continent or culture,look at it this way how weird it sound to say a yellow American rather than an Asian American or Japanese American no matter how many generations back these folks are removed from their ancestor's original point of origin, and I am from back east I don't think many have an issue about other hyphenated ethnic groups for instance Italian Americans will generally introduce themselves as an Italian American first and white a distant second,and so will Greeks,an Irish man from back is east will let you know he is Irish,the point is other folks see the value in connecting or reconnecting with their ancestors point of origins in terms culture without denying their American identity, the fact is many "White" Americans especially if they are of the old stock do I.D as WASP but so common place it is it's hardly worth noting.

edit on 17-11-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by riffraff

Unless you were born in africa then changed your citizenship you are not african american. It's PC mind control bull crap. I am not European American. I am "white". If its fine to say white then it's fine to say black. That is equality.

I don't disagree with any of that. It's the importance that so many assign to one's ethnicity (their own, and that of others) that I have a great deal of trouble accepting. That is not being "politically correct". Nor is that a "liberal" view. That can only be labeled as "BEING REALISTIC".

My ethnicity doesn't define me. Only my character, or lack thereof, does that.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 822America/Chicago11RAmerica/Chicago2013-11-17T12:43:57-06:00Sundayu57America/Chicago by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

BenReclused

My color doesn't define me. Only my character does that.

See ya,
Milt

Try driving while black in the South...

Or drive thru a black neighborhood somewhere on the east coast....

tell me how it works out.

Your color may not define you but it sure as hell does to others.
My experience being married to a very dark skinned Hispanic while I was a white boy opened my eyes as to
just how prevalent violent racism actually is. It's the very reason I carry with a CCW. Perhaps I was naive but I never in my wildest dreams thought I would need to be armed in my home town.

It wasn't the Hispanics giving me a hard time and threatening my wife and I; it was the white people; some of whom I at one time considered my friends.

edit on 17-11-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Warts? now theres a new development... I think Oprah has played the race card for a few reasons, its the easiest card to play and especially in the uk where being called a racist is like being called a leper... on the whole, shes just dug her own hole and is in too deep with her issues.

As with most communication by messaging things get lost in translation and the tone is lost from the perspective of origin.
But we agree on the same thing.

Labels are a lazy blight created by unimportant people think that they are making an important contribution to society.
Labels are for pins, and pins pin you down.

Race? we are a race, the human race. I always said, the more colours in the crayon box the better it is for it... we need more chlorine in the gene pool...lol

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Yeah, you have a point about "Italian Americans".Most do consider themselves Italian first and american second( in my life experience, anyway. ) even though they have never been to Italy and that irks me equally as much. And I haven't heard anyone under 60 use the term WASP.
My issue is how social etiquette has dictated how we must walk on eggshells with our terminology. Like I said before: PC thought control BS. Terms like "African American, Italian American" imply that their heritage is somehow more important than mine.
I'm all for equality. But I won't give up any of my rights or recognition ( for lack of a better word) in the process.

Of my two consecutive posts on this page ,I feel the one you didn't reply to was more important.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I think in short, when Oprah, or anyone for that matter, judges a group of people collectively, they are exhibiting prejudice, and racism. To be certain, there is a subset of the white population that is racist, and a subset of that group hates Obama. Also to be sure, there is a subset of the black population that is racist. EVERY group has a subset of racists, but the problem is that Oprah seems to insinuate that its ONLY whites that are promoting racism, when that simply is NOT true. I think this is what rubs a lot of people the wrong way. They see a double standard when she is allowed a free pass to judge white people collectively, but if a white person were to do this, they are instantly branded a racist. We cannot have this double standard and hope to improve race relations in the United States.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Try driving while black in the South...

That's funny! I've spent a large portion of my life "in the South", and I've known a lot of black people that have never had a problem doing that very thing.

Or drive thru a black neighborhood somewhere on the east coast.

I've done that on numerous occasions. Hell, I've even had to get gas in some of those places. I received a lot of stares, but I didn't encounter any problems.

Your color may not define you but it sure as hell does to others.

You must not have understood:

It's the importance that so many assign to one's ethnicity (their own, and that of others) that I have a great deal of trouble accepting.

Try again.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 882America/Chicago11RAmerica/Chicago2013-11-17T14:11:20-06:00Sunday00000020America/Chicago by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by zeevar

Warts? now theres a new development...

That was just a word that I chose to quote from your post.

I think Oprah has played the race card for a few reasons, its the easiest card to play and especially in the uk where being called a racist is like being called a leper... on the whole, shes just dug her own hole and is in too deep with her issues.

The ONLY reason Oprah "played the race card" is because, like all racists, her race is VERY important to her. Anything else would only be an excuse.

As with most communication by messaging things get lost in translation and the tone is lost from the perspective of origin.

That's okay. You are forgiven.

But we agree on the same thing.

Yes indeed! I believe we do! Now I can give you a star. lol

See ya buddy,
Milt

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This isn't a surprise. Oprah was a member of the same black power church(Jeremiah Wright) that Obama was, -right along with many other black celebrities, politicians, etc., etc.. It's their agenda to "take over and exterminate white people". If this doesn't open peoples eyes to what Oprah is then nothing will. The last part is very troubling and may be a code word for blacks to attack whites; The part where she said "they must all die". So, anyone who doesn't like Obama is racist and must die? It sounds like Oprah is a closet racist with an agenda, and she should be called out for it. But she won't. Not one person in the media will say one thing about it to her or question her about it. I don't think they even understand how many patriots can rise at any given moment. I think she put a big X on her back by saying what she did. Ghetto racist trash

I didn't like Obama because I hate all politicians the same; black, white, Mexican, jewish, --it doesn't matter to me. None of them have the average Americans interests at heart. They are all so out-of-touch that it's sickening. I guess now Oprah will wanna kill me. Hope she eats a big bowl of Cheerios before trying.
edit on 17-11-2013 by Fylgje because: to add to my post

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

This whole thing reminds me of the black preacher who scolded his church regarding the Trevon Martin case, calling them out on deciding the verdict based on nothing but being black, and then went on to explain to them that Trevon was actually buying drug-making ingredients at that 7-11 and had been found in possession of stolen property linked to break-ins in that area. Not that Mr. Trigger Happy was at all right, but the point was, most black people would never find that out because they automatically chose sides based on nothing but color, they are too busy being black to be bothered by the facts. Which is why Obama got elected because every black person in America all of a sudden decided voting was important this time without looking at the facts. Then add every woman, hispanic, homosexual - it was a lock. White men are the only ones who have to TRY to get a vote, anyone else is guaranteed support from their demographic AND the others based on nothing but BEING BORN a certain way. So they MUST think a certain way, right?

At least Oprah got one thing right- she called Obama African American, which he is. He's not black.
His family didn't grow here, suffering thru slavery and segregation. Obama will never know what it means to be a black man in America for the same reasons I won't. I guarantee you that man had quite a different life than any of my black south-side Chicago friends.

When I interview someone for a job, and I ask the optional race and gender questions, one option is Black/African-American, and there is another choice for Two Or More Races. Obama is part American and part African. This refers to nationality, not race. Black is a race like Caucasian. There's a more proper term for the race of people but it's no longer acceptable. There are Whites and Blacks from America, Canada, Europe, Asia, and everywhere else. A black person watching that BBC interview in the UK is NOT an African-American, they are a black person. Maybe African-English? Or what would Jamaicans be, African-French-Islander-People? Whatever. None of that crap matters anymore. What matters is that people still think it matters more than anything else, and until that REALLY changes, I don't see how anything else will.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join