It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Engines for the J-20?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Unsure if this has been posted before (If so please delete) but it looks like the Chinese will be working with the Russians to get the engines for their J-20?

A Chinese delegation was last month sent to the plant of the Moscow Machine-building Production Association, a Russian engine manufacturer also known as Salyut or Salut, to discuss cooperation on the development of the engine for the Chengdu J-20, China's first stealth fighter, the Hong Kong-based Wen Wei Po reported on Nov. 11. The visit of the Chinese delegation was first reported on Salyut's official website on Oct. 31. The delegation was led by Xu Qiliang, the vice chairman of the Central Military Commission of the Communist Party of China, according to the company's website, and was accompanied by Sergey Shoigu, Russia's defense minister. Vladislav Masalov, the general director of Salyut, stressed the importance of Russia's cooperation with China in developing the new aircraft engine.

www.wantchinatimes.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I had to google what a j-20 was.

for anyone else This is the J-20

Its a stealth fighter.

I thought Russians and Chinese build stuff for each other all the time?
edit on 15-11-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Was under the impression there had been a disagreement between them when China started reverse engineering Russian aircraft a few years ago?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

This is what i heard too. Russia didn't want to share it's engine specs with China because of their propensity to plagiarize. China needs help if it wants the J-20 or any of their other jets to be first class as the engines it is currently using are older Russian engines or unreliable and under powered for what they need.
This is an area where Western nations are way ahead.

new topics

top topics

join