It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is The Real Agenda Of The American Police State? Paul Craig Roberts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I came across this column by Paul Craig Roberts where he asks important questions every American should be asking right now before it is too late.

After he asks important questions about the cover called "the war on terror", (every time I hear that I think of South Park's war on imagination land) he asks this:

Why have Bush and Obama removed the protection of law as a shield of the people and turned law into a weapon in the hands of the executive branch? How are Americans made safer by the overthrow of their civil liberties? Indefinite detention and execution without due process of law are the hallmarks of the tyrannical state. They are terrorism, not a protection against terrorism. Why is every communication of every American and apparently the communications of most other people in the world, including Washington’s most trusted European allies, subject to being intercepted and stored in a gigantic police state database? How does this protect Americans from terrorists?

Why is it necessary for Washington to attack the freedom of the press and speech, to run roughshod over the legislation that protects whistleblowers such as Bradley Manning and Edward Snowden, to criminalize dissent and protests, and to threaten journalists such as Julian Assange, Glenn Greenwald, and Fox News reporter James Rosen?

How does keeping citizens ignorant of their government’s crimes make citizens safe from terrorists?

He goes on to tell what I believe, and perhaps most of us here, to be completely true.

These persecutions of truth-tellers have nothing whatsoever to do with “national security” and “keeping Americans safe from terrorists.” The only purpose of these persecutions is to protect the executive branch from having its crimes revealed. Some of Washington’s crimes are so horrendous that the International Criminal Court would issue a death sentence if those guilty could be brought to trial. A government that will destroy the constitutional protections of free speech and a free press in order to prevent its criminal actions from being disclosed is a tyrannical government.

I found this thought to hit home a little bit, for me at lest.

One hesitates to ask these questions and to make even the most obvious remarks out of fear not only of being put on a watch list and framed on some charge or the other, but also out of fear that such questions might provoke a false flag attack that could be used to justify the police state that has been put in place.

I truly worry about where our country is heading, or perhaps just around the corner from being. I can only hope it's not too late and we can stop the police state we are becoming. I'll close this thread with his last bit of the column.

Unaware Americans, especially gullible “law and order conservatives,” have no idea about the militarization of even their local police. I have watched local police forces train at gun clubs. The police are taught to shoot first not once but many times, to protect their lives first at all costs, and not to risk their lives by asking questions. This is why the 13-year old kid with the toy rifle was shot to pieces. Questioning would have revealed that it was a toy gun, but questioning the “suspect” might have endangered the precious police who are trained to take no risks whatsoever.

The police operate according to Obama’s presidential kill power: murder first then create a case against the victim.

In other words, dear American citizen, you life is worth nothing, but the police whom you pay, are not only unaccountable but also their lives are invaluable. If you get killed in their line of duty, it is no big deal. But don’t you injure a police goon thug in an act of self-defense. I mean, who do you think you are, some kind of mythical free American with rights?

Here is the link to the full column.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Pft jees what do I say to that?
I'm of Tejas and Coahuila? lol Hmm Tierra Tejana? Not your slave?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

You are absolutely right! Most people are keeping their statements reserved when it comes to talking about the government or our president. I have even noticed it here on ATS. People won't directly mention the great Obamanation of a president that we currently have(not all of you). I have lived my life and therefore don't care. First Bush when he hired thugs to drop the twin towers, and now Obama with all of the FEMA camps around the nation. Why are we rounding up homeless and putting them in these camps? To test public reaction. Who is the next group going to be? When the sh*t hits the fan they will just add another group to the list and round them up. I am sure I will be on an early list. It is a slow programming of the American public to insure a smooth takeover!

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
On a side note get yourself a husqavarna and never look back.........

I am a bit long in the tooth myself, 68, but ive watched our goberments move towards fascism my whole life
The machine grinds on, taking liberty and personal worth to new lows...................the education system is subverted to new programming which churns out virtual ants for the new anthill they wish to create.......sick, yes, but true nonethe less.......and soon ill be incapable of fighting back anymore......

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

All valid questions, however I was looking for a slice on what the master agenda is. Didn't find my slice.

Try this for an exercise. First, remember the movie "Terminator"? Now replace the killer robot machines with a different kind of machine-- a multinational corporation.

Both machines and corporations have "tense" relationship with biological life forms. Love-hate you might say?

Then, ask yourself one final question: Are the machines winning?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

I agree. I confess I was also hoping for a bit more insight to the situation, but it's great he's trying to start a conversation.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
about what? total occupation of american land?

is my state occupied right now?
creepy stuff

new topics

top topics

join