It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans do NOT come from Earth – and sunburn, bad backs and pain during labour prove it, expert cla

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I really wish we evolved a stronger back. I just had artificial disc replacement surgery in my lower back 2 weeks ago after suffering from severe low back pain for almost 5 years.

I would hope that if we were created that we would have been given much stronger backs. I sometimes laugh at the thought of being created in gods image. Because I imagine god hunched over clutching his lower back and shuffling around like an old man. I know I'm weird!

edit on 15-11-2013 by MBMASON because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

This strangely makes sense. we are just an empty vessel filled up with light, which forms information,fills the void.

sound and other senses add to this void.
what is this void is it a soul, an empty shell being filled.

back on topic, didnt some recent topics state that humans evolved from the mating of pigs and apes.
a freak accident that resulted in a pregnancy that went full term.

otherwise maybe we invaded earth, we just forgot. or we left and came back, meeting our primitive ancestors again creating the boom in civilization. we had to get used to earth again.

====================================================================================
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[notetothosereadingthisinthefutureididnotgetideaforevolvafromthistopic]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I subscribe to the 'humans were probably genetically engineered by aliens with alien DNA' theory. I think that's a very real possibility and makes more sense than 'creationism' or 'evolution by itself'. So this article enforces that thought for me. I do think aliens probably hurried it along with their own DNA somehow ...

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

AthlonSavage
reply to post by Shuye

Since there is 0% evidence to prove evolution this theory may as well be up there alongside evolution as a viable contender for the human races origin.

Dear Lord, Please save me from your nut jobs.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

WilsonWilson
we experience pain during labour more than some other animals because we are bipedal, this means that our pelvic bones are not in the best position for birth.
Other animals alos get sunburn such as pigs, etc...
edit on 15-11-2013 by WilsonWilson because: (no reason given)

Or hippos for that matter, which is why they bury themselves in mud. So were hippos planted her as well?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Dr. Aletha Maybank says that your glorious melanin might not protect you from possible sun damage Read more at EBONY www.ebony.com... Follow us: @EbonyMag on Twitter | EbonyMag on Facebook

"Might". "Possible sun damage".

Off course extreme exposure may cause sun damage with black people but overall they are well adapted to the sunny environment they originally evolved in. Don't you think there might be a good reason why black people are black? Maybe because the melanin in their skin protects them from sunburn?

The whole "people get sunburn so we are not from this earth" notion, is ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

winofiend

We're the masters of innovation. We get hot, so we cool ourselves down artificially. And then we become reliant on the innovation. And then we suffer and perish without it. All the while pondering why it is that we're different from the monkeys that don't need houses, or cars or shoes, or toilet paper, or a snickers bar...

We make things... it makes us different. Yet by looking at primitive tribal people who can exist in conditions that we'd suffer and perish, we know that our species is capable of it.

You take a gold fish and put it in a river. It won't live long against the natural environment Doesn't mean that goldfish are from outer space.

We're a pretty feral bunch of wild animals really, pretending we're the cat's whiskers, when really, we're dancing along with technology in the background, and should the music stop, oh we will surely fall down..

Exactly. We're prisoners of our own device. Most people that is.

It is an interesting theory that always gets people talking, and I think that's good. Yes, we're more adaptable to our surroundings than any other animal, but it's because we have to be. Take away all the toys and we wouldn't last very long in the wild. We can make things that we ultimately feel we can't live without, so we, in essence, use our own knowledge against ourselves. On the surface it all seems very unnatural and leaves people wondering how we evolved in the first place if THIS is our method of operation.

The problem is, as time goes by it gets harder for the average person to get by. People look at the theory, it piques their interest, and then they get back to their ledger because they don't see how it helps them pay their bills. First thing's first.

edit on 15-11-2013 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by BitSlapper

If you'd have spent time actually reading the article you'd know that they are getting melanomas and most often catching it too late for reversal. BECAUSE IT DOESN'T PROTECT FROM ALL UVB/UVA SUNRAYS. Did you just read the title? It's 1-2 percent of them actually die from sun exposure melanoma. NOT MIGHT...DOES... and those are not the numbers we were told in school tthirteen years ago...numbers have gone DOWN due to them using products to protect their skin or limiting sun exposure. You are truly ignorant and didn't read the article obviously. Just skimming the page I saw more than you did.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Not to mention the fact that the whole premise of Evolution is to be better fit to survive but in every one of Humanity's evolution we were made less able to survive (Except our brain power) Which expanded. But why did it expand? We had to or we would not have survived, so then the question why? it's an eternal loop...we developed flimsily and needed to develop our brains or we'd perish, so we could use tools, it flies in the face of logical reasoning because it flies in the face of cause=effect...what could have possibly caused the effect of developing as a weaker species in turn developing our brain so we could make tools to "Make up" for the fact of our weak structure/abilities. Yes you could say the cause is being developed unsuitably for the world we lived in leading us to develop tools, but why the hell would that be...it makes no logical sense at all. It's a mind screw.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Of course darker skinned people do get sun burn, the difference is that they last longer in the sun over a person with no melanin.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

There are always extremes.

I'll ask you again, why do you think black people are black?

Are you seriously saying it has nothing to do with protection against sunlight?

If you'd have spent time actually reading the article you'd know that they are getting melanomas and most often catching it too late for reversal. BECAUSE IT DOESN'T PROTECT FROM ALL UVB/UVA SUNRAYS. Did you just read the title?

Maybe you missed the part of my post where I said,

Off course extreme exposure may cause sun damage with black people but overall they are well adapted to the sunny environment they originally evolved in.

edit on 15-11-2013 by BitSlapper because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

My friends from college is a mixed bunch, when we go to the beach, and play for few hours..you can easily see the results.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

No they aren't if they were they'd be covered in hair as would we, because that's the normal on Earth.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

luciddream

Of course darker skinned people do get sun burn, the difference is that they last longer in the sun over a person with no melanin.

And animals with fur don't ever get sunburned as well as birds and lizards

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

And you call me ignorant?

So you are really saying that sunlight, melanin production in the skin, and protection of the skin against sunlight are not related at all?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

I think the good doctor from your OP, may be affiliated with someone else who believes something very similar...

We are aliens from space, and everything about us is the hard scientific proof that verifies it. We have been mislead about our origin many times throughout the millenniums, first by religions, then by science. Humans did not evolve on the planet Earth, and there is not a shred of hard scientific evidence to prove that we did. Whether we like it, deny it, accept it or reject it, our ancestors were incarcerated on this planet.

Ancestry Of Man

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Actually, using tools isn't the only evolutionary advantage to humans. That is simplifying things way too much. We are not as weak as you like us to be made out to be.

One is communication. The vocal cords and the ability to create an unlimited amount of words and sounds, exceeds any other species by hundreds of times. The other ape species don't even have the hardware to do this. It allows us to exchange information at phenomenal rates than any other species. And our skill to imitate has passed this along at very fast speeds. We may not be able to kill a grizzly single handedly, but we can notify every human with in the vicinity, to let them know where it is. Or even gather them to hunt in packs.

Our emotions and empathy. Emotions play a large role in our decision making processes. Star Trek, based on outdated information, placed the non emotional Vulcans ahead of us evolutionarily, but it acutally not correct. We need emotions to survive.
Because of our empathy, we felt nurturing to other animals. To not only harness other animals as workers or companions, but to also understand their benefits and use it to our advantage. I.E.. horses. But it also allowed us to understand their top capabilities, combine that with our ability to communicate, we can inform each other how these animals behave. So we understood our prey animals, the animals that prey on us, how they communicate with each other. So we can protect ourselves. No other species has this capability, giving us a huge opportunity. For example, the Plains Indians knew the behavior of bison, were able to track it, understand its migration patterns, and therefor hunt it for food and clothing.

Walking upright: conserves energy, covers far more ground at a faster pace, allows the carrying of food and infants by freeing the hands, can reach things.

Our long lives.

The first advantage is how long we keep our children. Because of the lengthy time we raise and nurture our children, gives a distinct evolutionary advantage. It gives us time to pass on important information, instead of3 months teaching the basics to let them go and fend for themselves. It gives time to teach the complex societal standards that humans depend on to survive.

The next is middle age, which no other species experiences. Where humans no longer produce offspring, but it actually has huge benefits.

That form is one of the most remarkable of all: a resilient, healthy, energy-efficient and productive phase of life that has laid the foundations for our species’s success. Indeed, the multiple roles of middle-aged people in human societies are so complex and intertwined, it could be argued that they are the most impressive living things yet produced by natural selection.

washington post

Those with beneficial traits would have been more successful at nurturing their children to reproductive age and helping provide for their grandchildren, and hence would have passed on those traits to their descendants. As a result, modern middle age is the result of millennia of natural selection.

And I haven't even gotten into the sexual reproduction advantages that humans have.

edit on 15-11-2013 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

bloodreviara
So because we are not perfect for the world we live in then we
are not from that world? When did the requirements for life
become "perfect conditions". I fail to see any animal that is
perfect for its environment, they pretty much all have some
down side or the other. Starting with the assumption that
life must be perfect for each planet is an obvious problem.

Basically he is saying that he knows life should be perfect for
the planet because obviously all the other planets are like that.
As we only have one planet we know of with life on it then
it becomes impossible to know what he claims to know.

Although I too, do not believe this theory for one minute;
I will say there are some amazingly evolved Sharks
that would take exception to being called " not perfect for their environment ".

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

MBMASON
I really wish we evolved a stronger back. I just had artificial disc replacement surgery in my lower back 2 weeks ago after suffering from severe low back pain for almost 5 years.

I would hope that if we were created that we would have been given much stronger backs. I sometimes laugh at the thought of being created in gods image. Because I imagine god hunched over clutching his lower back and shuffling around like an old man. I know I'm weird!

edit on 15-11-2013 by MBMASON because: (no reason given)

The back is a huge drawback from walking upright. It might still be part of evolutionary change. It is also a double edged sword, the design of the back causes problems, but it's shape also protects the birth canal.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

Your citing a story from the daily Fail? really?

That rag is notorious for ridiculous stories and spouting straight out lies to the public. It is not a creditable source.

Things the Daily Mail says gives people cancer

edit on 15-11-2013 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join