It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law of Attraction explained in a Biblical Way

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
In The Bible, God is called Love. The Bible says love each other. The Bible also says that there are some people who love evil (drama, jealousy, hatred).

We can see that love doesn't only mean "compassion" but also "attraction".

When The Bible says "The Flesh or Body", it is talking about the physical - matter. When it says "The Spirit" it is talking about energy.

Energy attracts to similar energies (spirits). This is why The Bible says good people shouldn't hang around bad people because it influences (temptation).

This is also why it says you should focus only on what is good, pure, righteous, and PRAISE-WORTHY.

If you cut off your right hand, you don't have to worry about it tempting you to sin. This is a metaphor for making sacrifices in life to keep oneself away from The Bad.

This is also why The Bible says God releases people into their sin, your mind and heart is read and if you are destructive to self and others you will end up with similar people (in jail, for example).

You Reap what you Sow.
You get The Fruits of The Seeds you plant, so make sure you plant the ones you really want.

If you sin in The Heart, you already sinned - so be positive.
Negativity (Deception, Manipulation, Destruction which is Wrath and Hatred) is sin.

Also, Faith in God (Love/Righteousness) is important. Jesus says such Faith can heal.
And this is true, it is scientifically proven Optimism brings health benefits.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Do you believe Jesus was real as depicted in Bible or a fictional character made up as a mechanism for manipulating a belief structure of the peoples.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

This thread is not about the existence of Jesus Christ, only about The Wisdom in The Bible relating to The Law of Attraction. I don't want to get off topic so soon.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The Bible says good people shouldn't hang around bad people because it influences

Ironic I suppose that Paul was the one that said that... Yet Jesus did the opposite

Negativity (Deception, Manipulation, Destruction which is Wrath and Hatred) is sin.

So would you define the OT god as SIN? because those words all describe the OT god...

Interesting thread though...

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Remember, Jesus has a High Spiritual Essence, so for him it doesn't matter since he won't fall to temptation, but if an addict stays with friends who are also addicts, it's dangerous to keep hanging with them because you may fall back to the same patterns. Remember, Paul said Jesus was more Pure than him , so he TRIES to be like Jesus but it doesn't mean he is as strong to resist bad temptations so he gave the advice to stay away.

The God of The Old Testament also told people not to manipulate and be destructive (10 Commandments). However, many prophets who said they heard "God" claimed he supported their wars and abuse just like some governments today claim.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Ok lets presume Jesus was a creature who couldnt be swayed by temptation, so therefore Jesus never had sex in his life correct?
edit on 15-11-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Remember, Jesus has a High Spiritual Essence, so for him it doesn't matter since he won't fall to temptation, but if an addict stays with friends who are also addicts, it's dangerous to keep hanging with them because you may fall back to the same patterns. Remember, Paul said Jesus was more Pure than him , so he TRIES to be like Jesus but it doesn't mean he is as strong to resist bad temptations so he gave the advice to stay away.

Fair enough... good answer

Yet Resist not evil was also his words... Perhaps we must learn from our mistakes or we are doomed to repeat them?

IS the addict anymore sinful then Paul?

He tries to be better then others, even boasts about being better... Staying true to his nature as a Pharisee

The God of The Old Testament also told people not to manipulate and be destructive (10 Commandments).

Yeah... Do what I say... Not what I do...

How about Thou shall not kill... then turning around and ordering people to kill... even dumping a nuke on two cities... Makes ya wonder eh

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I don't know if sex is temptation. Maybe, if it is lust, but if you are only doing it to keep your family bloodline alive maybe not.

The answer to your question is simply "I don't know".

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Paul said not to boast except in our weakness and in Jesus Christ, so that we will stay humble and not believe ourselves to be better than another.

We don't know what "God" said, only what "prophets" claimed to hear him say. I don't believe God tells the government to go to war and kill people either. That is their Ego getting in the way thinking they hear "God". It doesn't mean it's God's fault though or that God is evil.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Paul said not to boast except in our weakness and in Jesus Christ, so that we will stay humble and not believe ourselves to be better than another.

Hmmm... Would you consider calling himself "your spiritual father" being boastful? Even asking his people to "follow him"...because he led them to Christ?

Then in another passage considers himself "the chief of all sinners"...

Should people follow this?

We don't know what "God" said, only what "prophets" claimed to hear him say.

So that settles the infallibility of the good book issue... Always like to get that one out of the way

I don't believe God tells the government to go to war and kill people either. That is their Ego getting in the way thinking they hear "God".

Well we all know the government is "evil" if such a thing exists... But your thread is about the law of attraction... Don't you find it interesting that Christians are attracted to Paul considering the obvious issues with his writing?

What actually attracts people is the way he uses the word "Christ"... even though he actually never met the man... Paul only met his followers who incidentally, would not stand up for him in his darkest hours

It doesn't mean it's God's fault though or that God is evil.

perhaps... but again we are talking about "Gods book" here...

edit on 15-11-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Wow, I didn't realize this.

Law of Attraction, most Christians take all of Paul's teachings to heart even the contradictions and he continuously uses the word "Christ"; and if Law of Attraction is true and he is a fake Christian it would make sense why may who claim to be Christians connect with him so well.

Recently, I been defending Paul and Yahwrh because if the bible was edited then it is only fair to give the benefit of doubt - but the main virtue I look up to is Equality - treating people fairly, which comes without a book .

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

if the bible was edited then it is only fair to give the benefit of doubt - but the main virtue I look up to is Equality - treating people fairly, which comes without a book

Ok... but did Jesus treat people fairly?

Or did he go above and beyond what normal people would do?

And seemingly the opposite of what the OT god would do...

The first time I read this passage years ago, it almost brought me to tears... because it was exactly what I would NOT do... And I thought I knew the truth... heh

But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.

30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.

34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Damnit... double post

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

arpgme
reply to post by Akragon

We don't know what "God" said, only what "prophets" claimed to hear him say. I don't believe God tells the government to go to war and kill people either. That is their Ego getting in the way thinking they hear "God". It doesn't mean it's God's fault though or that God is evil.

I'm guessing you are a fan of Paul's? You may be surprised about what he says in Romans 13 about governments. I think he could have been their spokesperson if he wanted to be. That's assuming he wasn't though.

----------------------------

The reason "sin" exists is because of free will. The universe is all about balance, so if there is no "sin" (bad) there is nothing to balance out the good. It only exists because it must, it is also a learning tool in a way.

Unfortunately, we humans haven't learned from it yet because we are taught it is unavoidable. Perpetual sin stems from this teaching and that is why we are in this situation today, the vast majority don't try to avoid sin because they believe it can't be avoided.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I'm guessing you are a fan of Paul's?

I figured you'd know that by now...

You may be surprised about what he says in Romans 13 about governments. I think he could have been their spokesperson if he wanted to be. That's assuming he wasn't though.

Well, no he could hardly surprise me...

I've read his work many times... that's why I don't like it...

kinda makes me ill honestly

The reason "sin" exists is because of free will. The universe is all about balance, so if there is no "sin" (bad) there is nothing to balance out the good. It only exists because it must, it is also a learning tool in a way.

Sin doesn't have to exist...

With love there is no sin... IF the idea behind the word love is followed... one can not "sin" even according to what "the book" defines it as...

Unfortunately, we humans haven't learned from it yet because we are taught it is unavoidable. Perpetual sin stems from this teaching and that is why we are in this situation today, the vast majority don't try to avoid sin because they believe it can't be avoided.

Yet Jesus tells us... BE perfect... which would be "sinless"

The contrast between Paul, The OT, and Jesus is astounding IF one chooses to see it...

Unfortunately most do not... WILL NOT

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Thanks for the reply, but I was replying to arpgme. I can see how you got confused though.
I know your stance on Paul quite well, we're on the same page there.

I agree that we can be sinless, Jesus wouldn't have suggested it if it weren't possible, all we have to do is try. Christians do not try because they have been indoctrinated into believing it can't be avoided. We see where that mindset has gotten us.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

heh... whups

Sorry about that... I'll just sit over here

*takes a seat*

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

No worries brother. You're not the first to make that mistake, I've done it a few times myself.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Do you see how easy it is to lose focus of Love and go into Fighting mode? Speaking against things instead of promoting the things you are for.

It is so easy to get into fighting/arguing mode in today's world.

Akragon (sorry if spelled wrong) gave verses of Jesus teaching people to Love, giving to others.

That is a good contribution to focusing on what you want (loving/giving world) instead of what you do not.

Jesus view of law of attraction is have Faith and Give and you will be provided for.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I don't know if sex is temptation. Maybe, if it is lust, but if you are only doing it to keep your family bloodline alive maybe not.

The answer to your question is simply "I don't know".

Wow well what do you know for sure then? anything, or is this thread all conjecture on your part. ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join