It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Threatens Veto Of Upton's Obamacare Bill - We Don't Want You To Keep It!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Brother Charles,

The best advice I recall from my time as a young man was, "Retire often, and early." A doctor who takes in $4 million in ten years is one who can take advantage of such advice. Consider how smart a doctor is to begin with. Consider how many years of formal education a doctor has under his/her belt. Consider how much practical real-world experience a doctor develops on-the-job.

Now ... threaten that doctor's social standing by cutting their pay to the average plebeian salary. You think they're not going to walk off and find greener pastures?

This ... this is what sheople are not seeing. This is the forest, not the trees. I think somebody might have brought this to Obamarama's attention in the last few days. I honestly don't see a short-term fix, but I do see a maelstrom on the horizon and it looks like it's heading for the White House.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Dear Snarl,

One of the many things I like about you is your way of stimulating thinking. Rather than simply saying "Obama is a god," or "Obama should be shot," you point out the larger issues that have to be faced regardless of who is running the government.

It would be wonderful, indeed, if a politician were elected who said "This is a tough one, one false move and we hurt our citizens. Let's go slowly and with agreement until we work through the whole problem." But I'm always thinking of rainbows carrying unicorns.

I think somebody might have brought this to Obamarama's attention in the last few days.
And I was hoping someone would have brought this to his attention when he started thinking about Obamacare, if not back when they were playing with Hillarycare.

I agree with you about walking off. The money is a problem, but so is the paperwork. I have two members of my close acquaintance in the medical field and they tell me that it is approaching the point where they need to spend an hour on paperwork for each hour of patient care. No wonder they're upset. "Damn it, Jim, I'm a doctor, not a pencil necked, paper pushing, bureaucrat!"

I agree with you, doctors will be walking. My fear is that the government will do one of two things. Either tell nurses to do brain surgery, or order the doctors to stay on the job by declaring a national medical emergency.

And you're right, there isn't a short term fix. The very best we can do is persuade the country that the government is taking rational, honest, effective steps that will address the problem. Unfortunately for Obama, anything he proposes now will fall short.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Reagan warned us.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join