It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of agitated relaxation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
This happened to me a few days ago, and I still don't know what to make of it.

Every morning, I take the bus for a one hour ride to my job. Usually, I spend this time listening to music and zoning out. I close my eyes and enjoy the moment. However, this week, something unusual took place.

I had my eyes closed and was relaxing, when I started feeling a pressure on my head. At first I thought it was a headache, but the pain quickly subsided and became a background sensation. Then my body began to get numb, with a tingling effect, like a limb with poor circulation, if you get the picture. This feeling kept getting deeper, but strangely it wasn't unpleasant. I felt really, really good. Then I realised that my senses were distorted. I was breathing heavy, and my hearing seemed heightened, I could hear all the surrounding noises over the music, distinguish them clearly and tell where they came from.

And then, I started to feel a pressure on the left side of my body, some sort of light push. I started to turn slowly to the right, rotating my head. All this time, I didn't open my eyes or try to stop the movement, because I wanted to know where it would lead. I just went with the flow. So I kept turning until I felt like I was facing the passenger in the opposite row. I realised how stupid I must be looking while doing that, so I opened my eyes.

What a shock! I was still facing straight ahead. I hadn't moved an inch! The sensation of turning around, the stretching of my neck, it was all in my head! But it had felt so real, a physical sensation, I had felt my nerves and muscles moving. There was a dissociation between my self-perception and my actual position.

I can't put a word on what I experienced. Was it some form of meditation? I've never achieved meditation, so I can't say. Or maybe a trance state? Did I accidentaly stumble upon something? Or was it all just daydreaming?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
It sounds like you might have been on your way to an out of body experience/Astral Projection.

I have never been able to make it out but from what I've read and the sensations I've felt while attempting to get there, it sounds very similar.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Involuntary Out of Body, or OBE

Google the term and you will have all the information to understand what happened to you.

It's actually very natural.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Thanks! Yes, my experience does fit the description of an OBE. They seem quite common too.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
OOBE seems like a very likely explanation to me as well. Although, as I've never experienced one myself, I'm hardly an expert. That being said, I have read quite a bit about them, and what you felt could definitely be classified as one. Especially the buzzing/tingling sensation; that seems to be a common symptom.

top topics

join