It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Bible Book Is 'Awkward' on Purpose

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by th3dudeabides

Timbaland - Apologize ft. OneRepublic
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSM3w1v-A_Y
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Lot was meat to be the one good man, not only did he offer up his daughter for mass rape (which neither the angels or god objected to) but he then got drunk and slept with them.
the one thing that show me that the bible is not the word of God is the treatment of women. Why is there no direct commandment about rape being evil?
Surely a diving being would have thought, yeah look at these creatures i have made, i better make sure i protect 50% of my creations.
But no women are treated as crap throughout the bible, swapped around, offered for rape etc etc.
TIt's plain the bible was written by men for men.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WilsonWilson

Oh i see you guys are pulling stuff from that perverted bible that was written to discredit the original one.
Anyway Lot was drunk ,and was RAPED by his own daughters in moder terms. Otherwise he would not had had sex with them. A man can be unconscious and his junk still works So he may had had sex with them but it sure was not willingly.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

he was drunk, he was not unconcious.
Even a drunk man should be able to recognise his daughters.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

yuppa

Grimpachi
reply to post by yuppa

I honestly can't see how anyone can explain away slavery or eating their children.

Better have a damn good explanation.

The bible is written with alot of metaphores correct? And doyou really think Jesus would want to have people engage in cannibalism? no i think not. Those kinds of verses are where context and learning what was actually meant come into play.

You do know Catholics symbolically eat the flesh and drink the blood of christ? That's symbolic cannibalism, probably Jesus advocated cannibalism in his lifetime that it carried on to Rome.

I will be buying this book for every Christian I know as a Christmas present.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

Speaking of Rome...

The Story of Romulus and Remus mirrors or reflects Cain and Abel.

Romulus and Remus
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romulus_and_Remus
en.wikipedia.org...

Cain and Abel
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cain_and_Abel
en.wikipedia.org...

The Land of Canaan and the Canaanites:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canaan
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

And between Cain & Able and Romulus & Rheims we have the twins Jesus and Thomas Didymus...

or was Jesus an only child in this version of history?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

I think in this Dimension Jesus has at least one brother!!

Going back to Communion.

The holy Eucharist is older and may be a shortened version of Passover!

They were doing the Eucharist in Ancient Egypt and Possibly Ancient Meso-America.

This is something the gods do!!

The First communion was a Passover Supper.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

The first communion as Pesach... yeah heard that, and every other christian ritual was stolen from us. Even the church of the interior of the holy sepulchre in Jerusalem is based on the biblical accounts of the (2nd?) temple.

Then they have the chutzpah to scream "JEWS KILLED JESUS!!!", when the reality is Christianity has tried to destroy Judaism since its inception.

(post by cartenz removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Christianity how it was supposed to be:

Jefferson Bible

Basically, Thomas Jefferson, took a bible, removed all the miracles and most of everything having to do with "god" and renamed it, "The Moral Teachings of Jesus from Nazareth"

All-in-All we find these are the ONLY things that matter while we live this life, that being how we treat our selves, and each other. Too much effort is spent focusing on the magick-like miracles, which I suspect were only put there to keep the reader interested as a guide-line of basic morals was suggested to them.

I'm certainly not a fan of most religions, but when you cut out all the fat, you really come to see that there is alot in common between most of them, that being in short: Don't be a jerk, be honest, respect your fellow man, that sort of thing.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join