It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Bible Book Is 'Awkward' on Purpose

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

I honestly can't see how anyone can explain away slavery or eating their children.

Better have a damn good explanation.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Any book will seem strange if you pull random parts of it with no sub-context or background information. Especially stories written thousands of years ago. But people with no knowledge of the Bible (like most ATS'ers) and those who like to bash Christians (again like most ATS'ers) can double their fun with this cherry picking beauty.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Helious
In case you didnt notice. The in thing in America thanks to the propaganda machine is to polorize the entire nation so we argue with eachother instead of uniting against the open and aggresive tyaranny that is being put in place and rolled out. Division is the key to sucess for the federal governments plan, dont let them win so easy. ;

Just to say it again, because it cant be said enough.

Will people catch on in time? Probably not, but we can at least try.

For some reason, when the internet was in its beginning stages, I thought it might detract from how effective social manipulation can be. Boy, was I wrong about that one!

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Grimpachi
reply to post by yuppa

I honestly can't see how anyone can explain away slavery or eating their children.

Better have a damn good explanation.

The bible is written with alot of metaphores correct? And doyou really think Jesus would want to have people engage in cannibalism? no i think not. Those kinds of verses are where context and learning what was actually meant come into play.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

windword
Love it! Love the book too. People should be discussing these things, especially those Christians who believe that Jesus and the Old Testament God are one in the same.

I believe that Jesus and the OT God are one in the same.
I believe it was only after God came to earth in human form that He really understood humanity, which is why Jesus preached abiding by the Ten Commandments but also "dismissed" other OT rules and regulations.

I think it's why he says in John 14:6: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." He is the mediator, of sorts, because he lived a human life, so his understanding is greater. So he speaks for us to the Father. Does that make sense?
edit on 21-11-2013 by zillah because: spelling

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I told you all there is some crazy **** in that book!!

How about the the whole Isaac thing?

This goes over most of the sacrificing thing.

Ancient Jewish History: The Cult of Moloch
www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/History/moloch.html
www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

Evidence concerning Moloch worship in ancient Israel is found in the legal, as well as in the historical and prophetic literature of the Bible. In the Pentateuch, the laws of the Holiness Code speak about giving or passing children to Moloch (Lev. 18:21, 20:2–4) and the law in Deuteronomy speaks of "passing [one's] son or daughter through fire" (18:10). Although Moloch is not named in the Deuteronomy passage, it is likely that his cult was the object of the prohibition.

I have never in my life seen a pastor mention any of this in a sermon.

Discussion of this does go on in Bible Studies tho.

God commanded not to eat Bacon too... Some pretty crazy things.

I could imagine their mouths dropping when they heard that one...

Christians are allowed to eat Bacon because they believe Jesus Nullified the Old Testament...NOT!!

Well some things he did nullify...

edit on 21-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: additions

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

jesus gave christians a few rules. the eat no bacon/pig thing was for the hebrews. AKA jews these days. So you are off base man. Deut..OT if i remember correctly. See this is where people get into misunderstandings. just because its in one form does not mean its all ONE solid book. Its a Collection of two seperate bibles in one easy to carry form.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by zillah

I believe it was only after God came to earth in human form that He really understood humanity

Really? I thought that we were made in "HIS" image? Did God also need to come in as a wolf to understand the canine instinct? How could it be, that the creator of the UNIVERSE not understand his own creation, humanity, until he actually walked a mile in our shoes?

Doesn't that invalidate everything in the Bible, that he supposedly did and said and commanded his people to do, before he donned his man suit? Doesn't that mean that the entire "Law" was written in ignorance, on God's part?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Can you point out where the bible or anyone else for that matter explain away eating their children?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I await them doing the koran next. I won't hold my breath on it though...

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

Jesus gave them to everyone!!

Its just he didn't mention anything about Ham...

So, there should be no such thing as a "Christmas Ham"...

But, we all know Christmas has little to do with Jesus!!

God commanded not to eat the Swine, and never feed him swine because it is an unclean animal.

He also said never eat animals that scavenge the Dead, or feed it to him.

He had really strict rules on food.

The Pig thing might have something to do with us having Pig Parts.

I brought up the Bacon and Jesus thing because Christians aren't actually reading the book and only listening to someone tell them what is ok. Sometimes they pay that someone hefty lumps of cash to tell them what is ok.

Jesus never said ignore the old testament...

This whole child sacrificing thing is still going on today.

Moloch is still worshiped in Bohemian grove by the most powerful men in the World...

Dark Secrets inside Bohemian Grove ( Alex Jones )
www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtSVBTne-KY
www.youtube.com...

For People that claim to be either Christians or Athests, these guys are sure doing an ancient ritual.....

For Fun they say.....

No, They know their Dark Lords well!!

Jesus, said bring your young children to me!!

Matthew 19 KJV

13 Then were there brought unto him little Children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them.

14 But Jesus said, Suffer little Children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

15 And he laid his hands on them, and departed thence.

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Jesus was known to uphold the Commandments and the Passover.

God himself was the only one to kill, or accidentally kill someone in the Books of Moses.

God was killing Hebrew left and Right during the wandering for 40 years.

He killed the whiners, he killed the ones that cursed his name.

He killed or ran off the sick, the drug addicted.

He was performing a genetic cleansing and manipulation on a segment of Humanity that agreed to a covenant with him...

Until they broke it...

Look up the accidental death of Aaron's two Son's by God. God explained he it was an accident and he couldn't control his "glory"....

So the burning of the Youth becomes misunderstood and misconstrued...
edit on 21-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition and format

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Just more blasphemy as we approach the end of days and decline of society.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

SO i see you are not willing to actually discuss anything and are just trolling religious people. Ok.

The new testament tells christians what to do in it. Christ came AFTER the commandments right? Now going with that fact that the NT was specifically for all after the death of Jesus your comparison does not hold up.

the OT is specifically for the hebrews/jews. there is no room for interpretation in this. the hebrews were Abrahams people correct? Jesus did not dismiss the commmandments of course,BUT he condensed them into 3-4 so it would be easier to follow and keep them for christians/gentiles who were not hebrew and directly related to Abraham. Of course you will ignore this and try to troll me again,but this is your last reply though so it does not matter.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I believe that because of 1 John 2:1 - "My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate who pleads our case before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous."

Why do we need a mediator between God and ourselves? I believe it is because Jesus has a better understanding of humankind, and can "plead our case".

I am not saying I am 100% right; I am stating what I believe and have taken from my reading of the New Testament.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

I have a small correction:

When I said: "God himself was the only one to kill, or accidentally kill someone in the Books of Moses."

I really should have said God was the only one that had permission to kill, or give permission to kill. Along with the accidental deaths.

Moses did kill the abusive slave master. This may be why God didn't let him enter the promise land...

I wrote that with a terribly clouded mind. Borderline Migraine...

Levels of High Strangeness when the Big Guy is around. Why do you think he keeps his distance?? This may at least go for God's Angelic Messengers...

If God said he didn't want to eat pig, and commanded them not to eat pig. Don't you think it would be best for all of us to listen to him??

Eating lots of Ham leads to Gout, Correct?

I mean it is good, deliciously good, but in a weird way, we might be eating ourselves...

Ever seen spirited Away Anime Movie??

A must see Anime Movie: I hate using a cam job for reference.

Spirited Away - Pig Scene
www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR6cK62Y8-Y
www.youtube.com...

A chimp-pig hybrid origin for humans?
phys.org/news/2013-07-chimp-pig-hybrid-humans.html
phys.org...

How Animal Farm was right: Pigs really ARE almost identical to humans, say scientists
www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2232978/George-Orwell-right-Pigs-really-ARE-identical-humans.html
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Scientists are one step away from the truth!!

If you want to get technical, the Holy Bible is made up of at least 81 Books, if not a couple Hundred Books...

81 Books of Bible
www.ethiopianorthodox.org/english/canonical/books.html
www.ethiopianorthodox.org...

The Lost Books of the Bible and the Forgotten Books of Eden
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lost_Books_of_the_Bible_and_the_Forgotten_Books_of_Eden
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 22-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: additions

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by zillah

Do you not know that Jesus is God the second person of the Trinity?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Mistaking Jewish tribal law and storied events that occurred in the Bible for Commands to Follow is how ignorance is projected to facilitate a deceptive anti-Christian agenda.

Christianity is very simple: Respect the 10 commandments, recognise the Christ as the messiah.

That's it.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Yes, of course I know that.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

The Holy Trinity represents something else. The Trinity is older...

God the Father has sons across this Galaxy at least...

Jesus may be regarded as the only Begotten or Hybrid son!!

If you look at pictures of the holy trinity or paintings it depicts the Father on one side, Son on the other and a dove in the middle.

This is what it represents, referring to something member muzzeflash brought up.

Science Proves God = CHIRHO (RX) Means 'E=MC^2'
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread974764/pg1
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Chi-Rho pic.

Zeus was always shapeshifting his way with the ladies...

edit on 22-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: additions

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I'm just glad the bible finally gets the cartoon treatment it deserves. It is truly a comical book and has played 1 billion people like chumps.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join