It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wondering what that super bright star is in the sky? check this out!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I am a videographer. I am also a believer in alien inteligences visiting this planet. However this is a combination of things. One the triangle shape is from the shape of the aperture which would be a symmetrical diamond shape. So the light fills the aperture. Since it's close proximity to the moon it's also picking up refracted light thus causing the swiss cheese look which are actually craters off the moon.

L

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

livinglifeseekingtruth2

I spend many nights looking up and through a scope.... never seen a UFO. Sorry.....

I dont spend many nights looking up and through a scope, yet I have had 2 UFO sightings, one this week, sorry.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by innersollus

Hmm now if its the same very bright 'star' we can see here in the southern hemisphere each night, then its the very same star that was in the same place same time last year... and the year before.

Given it tends to set along the same path at the same time each night and moves 'faster' than the actual stars around it id have to say its a planet.

Not sure which one, although id hazard a guess as to being Venus, although it doesn't set as fast as ive usually seen Venus to in the past since its typically higher in the sky and doesnt set for a good 4 hours. Its not Jupiter given last year and the year before Jupiter was in the sky along with this 'star'.

Its not Saturn (not sure) since its color seems off compared to the times ive looked at Saturn. The only other one I could think of is Mars, and im pretty sure when I last checked for something odd I saw with Stellarium(?) it turned out to be Mars, and this bright planet is setting right about the same location for me each night as that object was, same time of year to, so its probably Mars.

It sure as hell isnt a UFO, ive looked at it myself through binoculars and telescope and its no different than any other planet... a big old bright sphere.

Could just download Stellarium again I guess... but im lazy. Its not a UFO... and thankfully we dont have people flipping out that its Nibiru coming like we did the last few years.

Its a nice evening/nighttime sight though, even on a very overcast or rainy night you can see it shining through the clouds along with any full moon if there is one, which just goes to show how bright it is.

But no its not a UFO. IF its the one your talking about.
edit on 15-11-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

innersollus
Apparently the bright star in the sky that everyone is wondering about is some kind of triangle ufo.

Here is a few videos showing this

Watch first
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Here is some other videos relating to this

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

I will go outside when its not cloudy and check it out with my telescope can anyone confirm this?

Yet more IDIOTS on youtube that use autofocus on cheap camers

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Hijinx
reply to post by livinglifeseekingtruth2

Still a hoax, sometimes planets are visible early in the morning to the East. Jupiter was earlier this summer from my location as well as venus. Both VERY bright.

Jupiter is still very bright....actually the brightest thing in the sky at the mo from where i am (northern England) It`s a lot brighter than Sirius, But saying that Venus in the evening is very bright but surely you`d know it`s venus?

The only thing visable in the night sky just before sunset????

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Just took this from my iphone -

Upstate, NY.

That s*** is Bright as f*** though. Lol.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by fenian8

I think a few of you are misunderstanding me. I am only addressing the very last video. Not the first 4. The last one is a video from a TV station located in Lincoln Nebraska. It is a towercam video from their station pointing East. The footage was taken at approx. 5 am. On Sept. 4. The object clearly looks like a hot air balloon. They even comment on how it looks tethered somehow.

I am located in the USA, the upper Midwest and central time zone. Lincoln NE is also central time. On the morning of Sept. 4 2013- central time.... the only visible planets in the Eastern sky were Jupiter and Mars. And last I checked....planets Ascend in the East and Descend in the West.
I know there are a few good online interactive charts available if you don't have your own software. Off the top of my head I will link this one.

skychart.skyandtelescope.com...

Here is a link to KLKN-tv article on the subject.

www.klkntv.com...

I didn't even comment on the other four nonsense videos. The only comment I have to say about them is that in early Oct. The moon and Venus did indeed dance together in the sky for a period of time.

Does this clear up the misunderstanding?

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

iunlimited491
Just took this from my iphone -

Upstate, NY.

That s*** is Bright as f*** though. Lol.

What direction are you facing?

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

BigfootNZ

Hmm now if its the same very bright 'star' we can see here in the southern hemisphere each night, then its the very same star that was in the same place same time last year... and the year before.

Yes. Because that's what stars and planets do. That is most certainly a star or a planet.

Like you said, it is most likely a planet.

edit on 16-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

It's the planet Venus. Go check out Dr.Sky.com. He will spell it out.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

JadeStar

I was facing southwest.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

iunlimited491

JadeStar

I was facing southwest.

The planet Venus.

Shortly after the sun goes down, look in the southwest – or in the general direction of sunset – to see the dazzling planet Venus lighting up the twilight dusk. All through December 2013, at or near the time that Venus sets in the west, the king planet Jupiter will be rising in the east. At mid-northern latitudes, Venus follows the sun beneath the horizon this evening somewhere around 7 to 8 p.m. local time.

Venus will be hard to miss because it’s the third-brightest body to adorn the heavens, after the sun and moon. In fact, this blazing beauty has even been known to cast a shadow on a dark night. However, the king planet Jupiter is no slouch either, for this brilliant world rates as the fourth-brightest celestial object, after the sun, moon and Venus.

Venus is highest up at sunset, and then sinks downward as dusk turns into nighttime. Be sure to keep a close eye on Venus, as it comes out after sunset throughout the month. It’ll set at early-to-mid evening in early December, but at late dusk or nightfall by the end of the month. Venus will disappear from the evening sky entirely in early January 2014.

People laugh when someone says a UFO was actually Venus but so many people who are not familiar with the night sky often mistake Venus for a UFO.

I suggest if you see any other starlike "UFOs" to consult this website: www.heavens-above.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I already knew it was Venus.
Note the sunset on the horizon; first clue.

I most certainly didn't think it was a 'UFO'.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

Had I seen your post earlier... I would have pointed out the same thing. Venus is always amazing this time of year.

I always ask people if this is their first time outside every time a question is raised about what they are seeing.

I have seen some question why the moon is setting in a different place they think it should more than a few times.

To put it simply... Our Stars, Planets, Sun and Moon are reliably predictable. However.... some seem to be taught/think they should follow the exact same pattern every day. But they don't.

Our Solar system is stable and predictable. But like seasons change, so does the position of the rising and falling of our Sun, Moon and Planets.

It is so predictable that we have been able to calculate and accurately erect monuments where the Sun shines on a certain spot only once a year.

This type of event took place recently... On Veterans Day. Not only in 1 place... but many. I have one in my own city.

There are also many monuments erected that focus on a Solstice. My favorite is the December Solstice...it is the point where our daylight hours slowly begin to get longer. My Happy and Sad day is in June... The day my place on the Planet has reached it's longest day of the year and the Sun slowly makes our days short and dark.

Our Sun and Moon are predictable and calculated as reliable. Planets further out are predictable as well but orbit a little different. That explains why they are closer to Earth sometimes.

If you want to discuss our expanding universe... that would be a different topic.

Do I believe in UFO's? Yes and No... Thanks to advances in Science and Technology.. Our countries military and science have progressed beyond the belief the World was flat. I believe most UFO sightings are Earth based and have a logical answer.

Anyone remember Felix Baumgartner and Red Bull? Ever think why that event had to happen?

Anyone ever wonder why the Democratic party was so intent on squashing the space program?

When did you all stop thinking and learning?

When did you all become so focused on what someone told you to be true and never gave a second thought to investigate in figure it out yourself?

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

livinglifeseekingtruth2
Anyone ever wonder why the Democratic party was so intent on squashing the space program?

I had no idea George W. Bush and his Congress were Democrats. Can you try the politics forum for your revisionist history?

I know very well who tried and successfully "killed the space program" first.

The Shuttle, ExNPS, the Terrestrial Planet Finder, SIM, LISA, and a host of other things were effectively killed in 2006, 2007 and 2008.

NASA's Astrobiology program was gutted just at a time that things like the hunt for extrasolar planets were heating up here in the US and abroad in Europe. ("Can't have them finding Aliens when all we need is Jesus right?")

Kepler BARELY survived in 2006.

Curiosity was also scaled back so that instruments which could have detected current life were not considered due to cost.

There were plenty of other missions which were cancelled or drastically cut.

Particularly earth observation satellites (can't have those scientists proving anything else about our impact on the environment can we?)

This is a matter of fact which no amount of revisionist history from the party which proudly has a vocal, active and hostile anti-science wing can change.
edit on 17-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Did you forget about the Clinton era?
What about Reagan...?

Have you noticed how the Political Parties have become agenda based and biased?

Are you in support of a Socialized global economy?

Just asking...

because if you are..... you have lost your ability of creative thought and the ability to ask questions about the world you live in.

Why is it bad to think and use logic these days?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

livinglifeseekingtruth2
reply to post by fenian8

I think a few of you are misunderstanding me. I am only addressing the very last video. Not the first 4. The last one is a video from a TV station located in Lincoln Nebraska. It is a towercam video from their station pointing East. The footage was taken at approx. 5 am. On Sept. 4. The object clearly looks like a hot air balloon. They even comment on how it looks tethered somehow.

I am located in the USA, the upper Midwest and central time zone. Lincoln NE is also central time. On the morning of Sept. 4 2013- central time.... the only visible planets in the Eastern sky were Jupiter and Mars. And last I checked....planets Ascend in the East and Descend in the West.
I know there are a few good online interactive charts available if you don't have your own software. Off the top of my head I will link this one.

skychart.skyandtelescope.com...

Here is a link to KLKN-tv article on the subject.

www.klkntv.com...

I didn't even comment on the other four nonsense videos. The only comment I have to say about them is that in early Oct. The moon and Venus did indeed dance together in the sky for a period of time.

Does this clear up the misunderstanding?

Didn`t misunderstand you petal, i was commenting on Jupiter being bright as i thought Venus was obvious.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by fenian8

Rather sad user name you picked.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

took these yesterday, first was at 4.40pm, i always thought it was Venus.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It is Venus! It has been super bright. Also, the star Antares not to far from Venus was glowing and doing it's color changes in August through October. The star Capella in the NE has been bright also, around sunset.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join