It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wondering what that super bright star is in the sky? check this out!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Apparently the bright star in the sky that everyone is wondering about is some kind of triangle ufo.

Here is a few videos showing this

Watch first
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Here is some other videos relating to this

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

I will go outside when its not cloudy and check it out with my telescope can anyone confirm this?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by innersollus

That triangular UFO is actually an INS (Identified Nonflying Star), out of focus, and videoed through cheap optics. It's normal.

(it may also be a planet, but I couldn't watch beyond a few seconds in order to identify what was being looked at).
edit on 14-11-2013 by MarsIsRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
My wife asked me tonight what a bright star in the sky was. She asked me if it was a planet. I told her I don't know, those planets keep moving around and are hard to keep track of. This one was in the north west at about 7pm EST

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Well, that bright "star" in the SW sky after sunset and early evening is Venus. Venus is supposed to be right there, and if that bright object is NOT Venus, then that means we should be able to see two bright objects -- Venus and this other mystery object.

So, if a person is seeing an object in the SW sky, and only seeing one object, then the object is Venus.

By the way, Venus can look triangle-shaped or diamond-shaped when you use a video camera to zoom in on it. The diamond or triangle shape is the aperture on the camera.

edit on 11/14/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Hoax..... My skies are finally clear so I have been looking through my scope most of the evening.

The moon is in the wrong phase for it to be tonight as well.

Last week Venus was in that exact location from the moon. So it is all a HOAX.

Only thing bright out and next to the moon recently has been VENUS.

I spend many nights looking up and through a scope.... never seen a UFO. Sorry.....

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Jupiters very bright at the moment

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Interesting to say the least. Could be a camera trick well hell it could be anything....
The BORG!!!

Somebody get Phage! lol Can this be confirmed as being in the sky right now? He did say near the moon I am going to go outside and look (ya I'm a nerd..)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by fenian8

Yep!
And Venus set hours ago. Moon is reaching its highest point.....and there is NO spaceship by the moon.

Never have tried using my video camera on Venus before. Will give it a try tomorrow if my skies stay clear.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Wasn't this posted on ATS a while ago, and debunked several times already?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by livinglifeseekingtruth2

OK....I am now confused. Did some follow-up on the new station in the very last video. That video is different as the other ones are next to the moon.

It says the video was taken around 5am Sept. 4th and was facing east. Could not have been venus....

?????????? Still think Hoax of some kind.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by livinglifeseekingtruth2

Still a hoax, sometimes planets are visible early in the morning to the East. Jupiter was earlier this summer from my location as well as venus. Both VERY bright.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I believe the bright "star" is Jupiter. Looked amazing last night. The whole sky looked amazing even with all the city street lights.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Venus is going off and presenting even more brilliantly in a way I can't recall in years past (Southeast U.S.)

Are we in a multi-year cycle where we're closer or is it atmospheric conditions or am I in the early stages of "old timers" and just don't remember?

edit on 15-11-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Have you used the app SkEye to figure out what is was?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
The skies are very clear in some areas that normally have haze. We astronomers live for cold, crisp nights like these when the seeing is good.

People not accustomed to clear skies might see a planet and star and think its a UFO because it seems so bright. No UFO. Just mother nature.
edit on 15-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

A couple of years ago (think it was the summer down under in 2010) Venus was even brighter and much bigger to look at in the sky than today. Venus was huge but that was in Australia. I think it was in 2011 that Jupiter wasn't as big but boy did it shine very bright. A beautiful sight.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

JadeStar
The skies are very clear in some areas that normally have haze. We astronomers live for cold, crisp nights like these when the seeing is good.

People not accustomed to clear skies might see a planet and star and think its a UFO because it seems so bright. No UFO. Just mother nature.
edit on 15-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

So true!

And the News station video in the last link.... On Sept. 4 ... the date they stated they "saw something" Jupiter was descending in the East approximately at the same time.

Still would like to know why a meteorologist would make this newsworthy.

And I am heading back to my frozen scope again.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I've seen the same 'star' as well, could be Jupiter or Venus...

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I noticed it a few days ago. It really does look like something hovering, but it is Venus.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
First step is to consult a star chart unless one wants to ignore facts in an effort to have a popular video.

Noticed the first video was a video of another youtube video. Wonder how many youtubes can be stacked into one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join