It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have studied the comet ISON and I think that it is the remains of a magnetar. If it hits the sun i

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ParovStelar

Sorry i have no data to present .

So you are not an astrophysicist or even an amateur astrophysicist.

What a waste of a thread.

Skunk works and all but this is trolling at its finest.

One paragraph OP about something quite amazing whats claimed then 1 line posts,

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

He never said he was a PHD in astrophysics.

True,

However what they said would require some data for them to do their calculations they said they did.

They post they have no data to share, so they are either insinuating that they are extremely intelligent and need no data as all is stored in their head or they are simply playing a role in their own fantasy.

Technically, if you are studying astrophysics in order to follow this thread, you are an astrophysicist. You just don't hold a PHD.

Or you just find an interest in whats being discussed,

If you can show what you have been studying, the calculations you have made to make your claimed discoveries then yes you could call your self such,

However, without anything to show after you say you have calculations just makes the claim loose all credibility.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

eriktheawful
A Magnetar is basically a variation of a Neutron Star which is a very small, but very dense object that is the remains of certain types of Supernovas.

Like a Neutron Star, a Magnetar will have a typical radius of about 12 kilometers, and have a 1.4 to 3.2 solar masses (meaning that it has 1.4 times to 3.2 times the same mass as our sun).

Such a dense and massive object traveling through our solar system would be disaster.....and would be something spotted right away due to how it would affect the orbits of our planets, and even pull on our sun itself. We would not have to wait for it to hit our sun (which it wouldn't actually hit our sun, it would pull on it) for bad things to happen. They would already of been happening by this time (IE orbits of the planet's shifting, and as close to the sun as ISON is, it would be pulling material from the sun in a stream).

Take a look at this video simulation I did of the effects a Magnetar would have, using the same path as C/2012 S1 (ISON), and I gave it only 1 solar mass (same mass as our sun, which is smaller than a Magnetar).........and as any stargazer or amateur astronomer can tell you, all of the orbits of our planets, and the sun itself is in the correct place. In otherwords: C/2012 S1 (ISON) is NOT a Magnetar:

(For those that can, this video is in 1080 HD, and can be watched full screen)

Actual link to video

edit on 15-11-2013 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2013 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

This post is the only thing worth reading in this thread!

The OP clearly is looking for attention, what a waste of ATS space. And 6 flags?? Really??
edit on 19-11-2013 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join