It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are Shadow People?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Yep...know the place well Netty...having lived in Hamilton for 7 years.

That area is indeed humming...also, near the river just behind the BNZ bank on Victoria St, also down in the dip on Grey St, and also by the Riverlea Wreckers heading into Hamilton from Cambridge...in fact, Frankton is also a hot bed...Gordonton and Taupiri has its fair share too...hehehe...the WHOLE place is just buzzing with spirit activity.

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Here is how I think of the 'shadows' of the night~

We are all humans here with different names and different races, languages, etc..

Well ghost, spirits, shadow forms, aliens, boogyman, demons etc..are different names we give what we 'see' that isn't 'human'...but they are no different then humans in *this* world. They have different names, races, languages and so on..but they should be in one category because when we DO see them they don't say 'I'm an alien' or 'I'm a ghost', infact we just just don't really know do we? They could be any of the above or something else or they could be the same thing that we have given many different names to. Some have a certain 'feel' to them that almost seems familiar(like alien said) and so we name it 'shadow man' or whatever-until the time comes when it reveals it's name-that's all we really have..
Some seem to emit a very evil feeling and some it's just hard to pinpoint why they are there at all? This is my personal opinion about 'them'...and thou it's alot less in depth as Aliens' analogy, I completely agree with the names/descriptions he has given here.
Magestica

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Hmm... I don't know why this topic was moved from the Aliens forum, because IMO the Shadow people can be and are classified as alien beings...

Beings such as the greys are often mentioned in one breath with the shadow people.

[Edited on 24-5-2003 by TheBandit795]

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 03:22 AM
link   
It could go in either/or and infact could even go in the Religion thread...If you had read any of the post you'd see that infact NOONE really knows what the creatures of the night are..you might see one and automatically think it's an 'alien' and I might see the same 'one' and think it's a demon..we just don't know?? All we really know is that not everyone has seen one, they don't 'tell' us *who* or *what* they are- for those who do see one- and they are most definately real...whether it be 'here' or in another realm/dimension..one of these days though..we might have the answers to all of our 'paranormal' sights and visions..etc..but today-all we can really do is speculate and compare stories with others that may bring us closer to knowing

Magestica

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I see your point Bandit, and I agree...so CindyPants, if you would like me to move the thread back to Aliens/UFOs, please say so.

The reason I moved it here is the general belief that Aliens (stereotypical ET and his buddies) are principally from 'Outer Space'...or more correctly, are essentially physical beings. Shadow People however seem to lack that physical component and thus present more as 'spiritual' beings.

Personally, I believe Aliens are essentially modern interpretations of an ancient entity/enemy and are essentially inter-dimensional, rather than inter-gallactic. The reason I believe this is the 'feel' those entities who have presented in stereotypical alien form have to them...they 'feel', they 'smell' just like spirit beings I've also encountered.

As a side issue...abductions...I believe these are essentially on a spirit level, by way of externally induced OBEs, rather than ET popping in through the window and snatching you (body and all) while you sleep.

Another point I'd like to mention is that means of combatting them, by my experience and the experience of those I have spoken with, are the same basic methods used to combat spiritual entities.

Hence my moving this thread to Paranormal...though, as said, I'd be happy to return it to Alien/UFO if so requested by CindyPants.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Two question exactly:

1) Is it possible the legendary "Grim Reaper" is one of the Shadow People?

2) Are the shadow being in this movie, "Harry Potter And The Prisoner of Azkaban" related to the Shadow peoples? They seem to behave almost exactly the same way. Feeding off energy (mainly FEAR)...the sensation that the person soul is being pull out of his/her body (which is common)...

[edit on 5-1-2005 by mwen]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   
1 - No, I don't think so, but maybe other folklore creatures are, like the sandman.

2 - Probably Rowling just read about shadow people somewhere and used the description to create the dementors instead of bothering thinking.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OniShiro
1 - No, I don't think so, but maybe other folklore creatures are, like the sandman.

You said no...why would not it be?

I am not sure if you are familiar with this movie: "Ghost" which came out in the 1990. One the people in the movie was taken by legion of black shadow entities upon his death...he was supposidly the bad guy.

movies.yahoo.com...
www.imdb.com...

What are the sandman?

thanks!

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   
they look like ghosts

BZ

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hi there.

i think i saw a shadow person once,was along time ago though.

dont laugh,i admit the circumstances are quite amusing.

i must have been about 10yrs old,needed a pee so went to the bathroom,standing there doing the do like any 10yr old boy,noticed a human ish shaped shadow on the wall about 2 foot away it was not faint shadow but as dark as a normal cast shadow on a sunny day,i thought it was shadows coming in through the window,or could have been shadows from the indoors temporary drying line that used to be above the toilet,i moved all items on the line that could have been causing the shadow also waved my hand in front of the window,the shadow on the wall still remained.
a little freaked out by this stage i finished what i was in there to do and ran through the house screaming mummy theres a ghost in the toilet,20 seconds later nothing was there

my parents believed me as it wasnt my normal behaviour.

to this day i cant explain it,still live there and the bathroom has always felt like a place to look over you shoulder.

i know an old lady died in the house many years before we moved in but this was in another room and i would say nt associated with this incident.

[edit on 29-7-2005 by BZ]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
it happened to me the other day when i was returning inside from dropping off a fat sack of stanky trash! We have a rubbermaid garbage can holder next to the garage. I had dropped off the garbage into the container and started heading toward the garage. I suddenly looked back because I felt odd and saw a shadow person out of the corner of my eye go into the garage wall. This happened within a split second and at the very moment I noticed it. This was the first time I have ever saw one and I've been alive for decades.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
i dont know man, except that i met a kid in a park once at night who said he could talk to them, and they taught him songs... from the brief conversation, that was one intuitive child.

BZ

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
thinking about my experience i check out the lay of the bathroom,theres no way it could been shadows as the sun never gets in the angle to cast a shadow on that wall.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I don't think I've ever encountered shadowpeople, but are you sure they're not just your mind playing tricks?
The reason I'm asking is because they always seem to be "in the corner of my eye". Do anyone of you see/have seen these entities right infront of you?

Now, I'm not really questioning your word, but I just want to make things clearer.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Hey cindy, here's another old thread on the shadow people that still floating around:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10-8-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Text Purple i saw one of these shadow people last night around 11pm. i had just awoken quite abruptly from a nightmare, and i saw the figure, a very dark and definite one, walk across my room. i thought somebody had broken into my house, because i felt like my greatest fear was happening. and i wanted to scream out but by the time i opened my mouth to it had just disappeared near my window. it had not stopped or regarded me. as though it was in some sort of hurry. it felt sinister and not a good force. and i feared it would come back. i was definitely awake when i saw this. as definite as i could get. because as soon as it had gone (i had been sat up following it with my eyes) i grabbed my moblie and had text msgs. i used my phone to shine a light into the corner near my window where it had disappeared. the shadow man, or whatever this was, had longish arms and seemed quite tall. it must have gone through all of the stuff in my room i had lying about (as i have a very messy room). i have had strange experiences in the world of inbetween dreams and reality. but i've never been so certainly awake to experience something like this. i was usually doubtful that i had been awake. i did consider whether it was an alien, as for its outline. it was quite hunched with a largeish head i think, or maybe it's body was very thin and that's why it appreared to be large. i felt that i had witnessed something that i shouldnt have seen though. as if it was just passing through? i thought maybe it was death and had come for somebody. it made the strangest atmosphere in my room. it moved swiftly and gave me such fear yet shock. i hope i don't see another one again. if i do i think i'll try and chill out a bit lol.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
post removed

[edit on 16/8/09 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
have seen them have heard them and my theory is they are apart of us ... we see them outside ourselves when stress to our bodies happen have been here since beginning of time im not a loon either my whole family can see them my kids are ages 10 8 7 4 and 2 and my husband 47 ... they are other species i think we carry them with us all of our lives 2 or 3 at a time.... and are most likely responsible for most mental illnesses. can they hurt you ... i dont know i think they can make you hurt yourself....split decisions... are they ghosts not like a family member... the bible calls um familiar spirits are they dangerous depends on the main one ya got. if malice or not... ya may think im nutz but until u have one creep up behind ya when ya sad or upset and touch ya or when everything is fine and ya hear someone calling ya name and no one is there or ya see it in front of ya and watch it float off or disappear you will understand...people under drugs see them more because have made the body at that time unsuitable for them... but they dont just go away well not until ya pass on. then they find another host

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
hi im new and im doing research on SHADOW DEMONS not shadow people. Ive heard that they are as pure as angels but people are too afraid of them to let them help. please tell me what information you may have on them. id really appreciate it thanks

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Ok here go's,

I was born in Northern Ireland and I now live in Sydney Australia, from my earliest memory in childhood up until i was 7 years of age I was visited by a dark shadow being almost every day of my life. We lived in a two story house and and most encounters happened in my bedroom during the day or night it did not matter.

1. I could always sense when this shadow being was around as my heart would pound so loud.
2. It was definitely a man however it was not defined.
3. It had red glowing eyes
4. This being used to hover over me and tickle me but when I screamed no sound was made, and its hands would go straight through me.
5. In all the years that this entity visited me it only spoke to me once and it said "take my hand and I will show you the other side".
6. I did go to the other side and there was other people there that were not shadow people that stared and looked at me.
7. We walked a short distance and we stopped it turned to me and said "this is as far as we can go you must return now"

There is much more that happened to me in all the years but im not the greatest typer in the world and im finding it hard to try and relate what im saying, but im telling the truth what happened to me is very real and ive never understood what exactly i saw and why it contacted me.

I have only told this story to a few people in my life and I can understand that people will read this and think im talking complete bs but i can assure you that there is things in this world that are truly further from what we perceive reality than we can ever image n.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join