It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Republicans to try to impeach U.S. Attorney General Holder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It's about time!!! Sorry if this is posted. DC is trying to make sense in it's actions after all this time. Yu can always tell an election year. Everyone starts talking what the country is saying and as soon as it's over, it's right back to pumping the lobbyists for donations.
Yahoo! News

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

Well good. But, as the article states, it will probably die in the Democrat controlled Senate.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HoboHumpinSloboBabe

Holder's Days are Numbered . After the 2014 Mid Term Elections , the Reps have a Decent Chance of gaining a Majority in the Senate if the American People wake the Hell up . That would also not bode well for our Pretender in Chief too , he is the Other Name on the Impeachment List the Reps have been keeping since 2008........

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I'm all for impeaching politicians, and anyone else involved in government corruption. But what ticks me off more than anything is how republicans are very selective on who they attack for impeachment. If they're liberals they're fair game, but when it's in their own party, they turn a blind eye.

The Bush administration was caught red handed for supporting torture, lying about WMD's in Iraq and their involvement in 911. They changed the mission in Iraq three times just to continue the occupation of that country. Lets not forget about Enron, the savings and loan scandal, and the Halliburton contracts.

It seems like republicans like to ignore and turn a blind eye when their own republican leaders are involved in corruption and criminal activities. What I find amazing, it was a democrat that I can't stomach by the name of Nancy Pelosi that saved Bush's a$$ when she announced on the congressional floor that any possible impeachment proceeding against Bush would be taken off the table!

So when conservatives push for impeachment, I have to ask, where were they during the Bush administration? When the shoe is on the other foot it's a different story.

Politics, to support either side is really choosing the same of two evils.

edit on 14-11-2013 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

You make very valid points here . Bush should of been Impeached in his second term after 9/11 and the advent of the Unconstitutional Patriot Act along with the WMD Scandal . I also recall not many Democrats were for something as drastic as that at the time either . Both parties protect themselves due to their Common Self Interest against the Wishes of the American People in general Administration after Administration . It is a Never Ending Cycle that eventually will lead our Nation to Ruin . Case in Point , like Right Now.........;(

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

WeRpeons

I'm all for impeaching politicians, and anyone else involved in government corruption. But what ticks me off more than anything is how republicans are very selective on who they attack for impeachment. If they're liberals they're fair game, but when it's in their own party, they turn a blind eye.

The Bush administration was caught red handed for supporting torture, lying about WMD's in Iraq and their involvement in 911. They changed the mission in Iraq three times just to continue the occupation of that country. Lets not forget about Enron, the savings and loan scandal, and the Halliburton contracts.

It seems like republicans like to ignore and turn a blind eye when their own republican leaders are involved in corruption and criminal activities. What I find amazing, it was a democrat that I can't stomach by the name of Nancy Pelosi that saved Bush's a$$ when she announced on the congressional floor that any possible impeachment proceeding against Bush would be taken off the table!

So when conservatives push for impeachment, I have to ask, where were they during the Bush administration? When the shoe is on the other foot it's a different story.

Politics, to support either side is really choosing the same of two evils.

The flaw in your logic is it does not take into account that for 2 years Democrats controlled 2 of 3 branches of government. If the Republicans / Bush were involved as you say then the Democrats would have exposed that the moment they had the chance...

Have they done that? Nope.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

The flaw in your logic is it does not take into account that for 2 years Democrats controlled 2 of 3 branches of government. If the Republicans / Bush were involved as you say then the Democrats would have exposed that the moment they had the chance...

Have they done that? Nope.
reply to post by Xcathdra

So what's your point? During the George W. administration the republicans had control of the house until 2007, and it was split evenly in the senate. George W. had a rubber stamp on everything including getting away with criminal activities and government corruption. To say "if" republicans were involved is really ignoring the fact there was photographic proof of torture used under the Bush administration. That alone shows criminal involvement against standard international law set up at the Geneva Convention.

To act like republicans have clean hands is really a laughable. Republicans have always been politically aggressive, not to say democrats have had their fair share. The current situation is no different. Do I care, no. What I do care about is how both parties spend more time attacking each other than to solve issues affecting the American people.

To stand behind a particular party just because its ideology matches your beliefs, doesn't help strengthen the basic laws of justice the rest of Americans have to live by. By doing that, you enable rule of law to be controlled by only a segment of the population that backs a particular party and the political elite. Instead, people should disassociate themselves from the party mentality and call out political corruption whether it be democrat or republican.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Yawn the House Republicans (aka The Vacation House) are actually going to do something!?!? LOL Yeah right. We all know they just like to sit on their butts, collect a check, and complain about Obama. They are glorified welfare queens who couldn't govern a bathroom responsibly instead of a country. They are jokes. Want a good example of them wasting tax payer dollars...well this story and that most recent shutdown where they got NOTHING out of. The GOP is finished. The best move for all GOP fans out there is to get those Tea Party people out of the party and start accepting the change that is in the air.

new topics

top topics

join