It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World’s Largest Tortoise found in Amazon Basin – 800lb (probably a hoax)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This is probably fake, i never saw turtles with fangs before. But i'ts worth a read. It's all over my country internet now. So i cannot tell if it's real or not.

World’s largest tortoise found in amazon river. Its age around 529 years old / height-59 feet/ weight-800 pounds OR 362.87 kg incredible… Amazing

The red rimmed tortoise is also called the red-foot or red-legged tortoise, the Brazilian giant tortoise, or South American forest tortoise, as well as local names such as morrocoy, woyamou or wayamo, or some variation of jabuta. Many of the local names are shared with the similar red-footed tortoise. These types of large size tortoise are always found in the Amazon River, most of them are found in (Peru, Brazil, Colombia, Venezuela, and so on) the Adults often reach 3m in length, however this one is much larger. The tortoise Females have wide flattened shells, are larger and more numerous than the males tortoise, the Adult tortoise Arraus feed entirely on plant food.

Their main diet is a plant that is native to the Chtac Province region of Brazil. These flowers of this plant have a gene in them which promotes increased cellular life thus allowing those that consumed them to have a greater lifespan. Amongst the native inhabitants are turtle’s that grew constantly in their lifespan until the day they died. The introduction of this flower into their diet thus allowed them to grow to immense sizes and they served as local guardians to the plant.

It was first discovered by the modern world in 1892 by Haughton who was the last person to had seen it in the century.

The nesting habits of this species are similar to those of sea turtles. Just like sea turtles they gather meet in huge numbers so they can travel to suitable nesting areas. The female tortoise lay their eggs on sandbanks that are exposed where there is only dry season but there are relatively few such sites. The females timing is to come out on the sandbanks at night time to lay their eggs and go back to the sea, which can number anywhere from 90 to 100 soft-shelled eggs. and they then return to their feeding grounds which they belong to. The young when hatched are around 5 cm long dart directly for the water, but they emerge to the attentions of many predators so they can only about five percent ever reach the adult feeding grounds. this it is an endangered species and is protected in some country and areas.

Original link: news-hound.net...

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Frocharocha

You say PROBABLY ???

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Yep, it's a hoax. Picture is from a movie.

Hoax

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
gamera!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Looks like it is from a Godzilla movie.

And who gave this a flag?!
edit on 14-11-2013 by kmb08753 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
LOL....total HOAX. If that was a real tortoise it would weigh a LOT more than 800lbs.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Frocharocha

If it was real they would not let the public know about it, they would keep it covered up and not transport it in an open truck like that. It is a Hoax 100%.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

kmb08753
Looks like it is from a Godzilla movie.

And who gave this a flag?!
edit on 14-11-2013 by kmb08753 because: (no reason given)

I tried to flag it but it wont let me do it for some reason...

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Yup ! Definitely Gamera!

edit on 14-11-2013 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

for some reason i can't star this

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

Because it's in the hoax bin

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

oh okay now i get it