It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL Things Survival: 11/14/2013: Gear, Cold, Studio Topics and MORE!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Thursday, 11/14/2013 at 8:00PM EST

Via The ATS Radio Site (high and low bandwidth players, and stream links for most commercial players available)

Via Shoutcast (high and low bandwidth players available)

Via Tune In (both the site and the Iphone and Android Apps - search for ATS Radio

Or click on the image above

The gathered panel of hosts include Military Veterans, Mountain Men and just plain old Hillbillies with a combined experience in Survival of over 100 years!!!!!

Your Panel

JacKatMtn
Semperfortis
David Wendell
Ahabstar
Luke
Bear Truth
Michael

This week GEAR REVIEW

More Cold Weather, Studio Topics

And MORE

Tune in Folks

PLUS.. Gardening With Laura, OFF the GRID with Doug, and Tools With Greg!!

So TUNE IN THURSDAY @ 8:00PM EASTERN via illustrial.net and give us a listen while you learn and expand your knowledge along the way. And if you have not checked out our Bush Craft On Fire YouTube Channel, stop by and watch the videos we have up. Be sure to leave comments, hit the like button or subscribe as you feel is appropriate.

Don't forget to go visit the NEW Bushcraftonfire Website where you can listen to our past shows, take a Survival quiz and much more!!!!

OH YEAH! While you listen, come on the Facebook Page and post your questions, thoughts and comments, or just follow the survival conversation.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

If you have trouble hearing the show on the above links, tune in to the Low Bandwidth here HERE
edit on 11/14/2013 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Sounds Great ! I we be listening.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Seeing as I am Canadian and you are an American,what is your version of cold weather??

Will you guys address minus 25C and how to get by for 2 months in that weather??
As a Canadian...if tshtf and the power went out in the middle of winter,thats what I'll be dealing with.

I camped 2 nights in minus 32C (afterwindchill) and it was BRUTAL...I couldn't imagine 2 months of that,which is why I ask.

We might have different versions of what cold is.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

It get that cold here in the South.. SHEESH

I've been trained in -40C and spent a good amount of time in what EVERYONE would consider extreme weather

So yeah

I figure we can discuss it

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I had to ask.
Extreme cold has been hard for me to learn because i don't see much on it at all.
I have to try things out myself and learn with 2 feet and a heartbeat.

I went out my last outing and got mild hypothermia just to see what it was like and what to do.

So yes,I am glad its going to be discussed.

Also when i think of southern states version of cold,I picture a a guy wearing a sweater LOL

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Most of the time you would be right.. Sweater and all

Bit remember the Great Smokies run into the southern states and they can experience some very extreme weather..

I hail from West Virginia.. And the Blue Ridge Mountains can kick some butt.. Seen it -26C there a number of times..

Got my cold weather training in the USMC

It will be a good show

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

DrumsRfun

Seeing as I am Canadian and you are an American,what is your version of cold weather??

Will you guys address minus 25C and how to get by for 2 months in that weather??
As a Canadian...if tshtf and the power went out in the middle of winter,thats what I'll be dealing with.

I camped 2 nights in minus 32C (afterwindchill) and it was BRUTAL...I couldn't imagine 2 months of that,which is why I ask.

We might have different versions of what cold is.

You have GUTS! we have never been that cold in Connecticut in New England.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Excellent qustion, as I spend a alot of time up in northern Alberta where with the windchill ive seen it go -60, aside from making an igloo, surviving in that is very intimidating.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Hoping to be off work in time to tune in and catch an entire show! Really interested in what tips the panel has for cold weather survival.

Have a good show folks!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Never knew about the use of survival candles in vehicles.

Excellent idea!

new topics

top topics

join