It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sugary drinks and the brain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Sugary drinks and the brain

I realize this could be viewed as just giving the consumer what their body craves..but the conspiratorially minded could certainly view this as part of a larger conspiracy..

I suppose this sugar addiction could be viewed as yet another way to keep people hyper agitated and distracted.

KPB
edit on 14-11-2013 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

Very interesting.

I have decided over the years that sugar/carbohydrates are not good for human consumption.

I eat a mainly ketogenic diet now(high fat, low protein, almost no carbs). What's interesting about the Ketogenic diet is that for every bad thing carb infested diets are linked to, it's linked to the opposite.

Thanks for the link. I will have to follow the research to look it up myself.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I'm not sure how many ways the same thing needs to be said about sugary drinks. I stopped drinking them 15 years ago when similar findings were coming out in the news.

Tea is my substitute, and red wine instead of liquor. I have no doubt that these two switches have improved my well-being.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

Do you eat a lot of nuts?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

No. Nuts still have too many carbs. For me I don't eat more than around 30-50 g in a given day and considering that a cup of almonds has 21 I usually spend my carbs on things like spinach.

I eat a lot of fatty meats and tons of eggs. I also eat a lot of fats coconut oil, butter, olive oil.

For fiber I drink Psyllium Husk and I also eat flax meal for other nutrients.

edit on 14-11-2013 by OrphanApology because: x

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

What health benefits have you noticed?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Well the biggest one is weight loss. You can eat delicious foods and still maintain your weight. You feel full.

Reason I went back on diet is because of personal injuries on my feet. I've been inactive for a couple months now.

Other health benefits for me personally include mental clarity, my skin is healthy, hair is healthy, my teeth stay cleaner(yes a weird one but barely any plaque anymore).

I have never had high blood pressure, cholesterol or any of that but for me it hasn't gone up at all. For most people that have high blood pressure etc. they state the diet actually helps. I am still trying to get my gf to do it with me, she has high blood pressure and has trouble sleeping. If it works with her I'll let you know.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Well, some are considering Alzheimer disease a type three diabetes now. So this gives us a little hint about consuming too much sugar and starches over a long period of time. I personally look at diabetes as a symptom of eating improperly. Sugar is just one color of this picture. There are many contributing factors. We should have paid attention more to the way our ancestors prepared their meals if they were healthy and clear minded. We should have objected more to their redesigning our foods while only looking at a few things to define the nutritional value of the foods. We have the technology and research now to debunk the lies that were told to us about the food being only proteins, minerals, and vitamins but this will only happen if someone stands up to big businesses and tells them more research is needed to prove long term safety. Most of the research has been already done but it has been buried and discredited using legal ad hominum techniques. It seems now that we have to undeniably prove poisons are poisons to have them silently taken out of the market. They return with a little chemical change anyway, the deceit keeps going.

Some of the chemicals in food are there for a reason but the reason has long been forgotten by most. Some of the additives that are deemed organic may be worse than the ones with long chemical names. Some chemistry helps us fight disease and also preserves our food. Other chemistry is there that causes health problems just to make the food look pretty or attract us to it. These attractants and colorings are unnecessary. Yet less complaining is done of these attractants that destroy receptors on cells than is done for sugar. Don't eat foods that taste heavenly. Goode healthy naturally grown food tastes good but it does not taste heavenly. Reactions to food take hours to develop, Insulin spikes and when the sugar is gone you crash. I have experimented on myself and developed problems that I learned from. To learn mean it is not a mistake, it is a learning experience.

We need some sugars and starches but there needs to be moderation. Meat is basicly a slow sugar food. The insulin is released moderately. The body dumps Insulin in if you eat a lot of fast acting carbs and this causes long term problems and a crash in a few hours.

The only conspiracy here is that they did not put the smartest people in charge of our health in the country. They put people who could memorize, not think out of the box. Our educational system is severely flawed for health. Teach the medical people to think instead of parrot information. Teach them to listen to people so they can learn instead of giving them an inflated ego. I don't think this is a conspiracy, I think it is a out of control whirlwind that will suck our health and money away from us. Profit and economy drives our society today not common sense.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I agree with you! But rather than fixing all the negative things as they are discovered and proven, these problems are left in place because "the average person has no value" to the monied interests and the government; and THAT IS
Something of a "conspiracy".

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Meat and fat actually process as ketone bodies when you're in a state of Ketosis.

The reason I originally chose a Ketogenic diet is because the body switches to a state of Ketosis where glucose is not longer the energy source. Both of my parents died of cancer and this diet makes the most theoretical sense in regard to precautionary cancer prevention. Since glucose is the fuel of cancer it makes sense to go on a diet that would essentially starve it.

One of the reasons that people believe the diet helps diabetics is because your body switches to ketone bodies for fuel instead of glucose.

Here's the Charlie Foundation(a site dedicated to this diet for seizure patients)

www.charliefoundation.org...

and also a general information page from wiki on the diet and what it is:

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

join