It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: President will delay expiration notices for 1 year

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Really, he just ended that mess with a snivel? No one knows the good I do just report the bad?

Oh, don't you just feel sorry for him

link   
LOL Wow. From what I've read here, I would like to congratulate everyone that voted for him.
You should feel really special.
You didn't just vote for a president.

You got to vote for our first King!!!!!!!

link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Its funny how quiet the supporters have suddenly become.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

That's a great question but I think the damage is done there is no way the insurance companies are going to go through the trouble to try and make the prez look good.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

mrsdudara
Oh, don't you just feel sorry for him

NO.

Oh wait .. I have to post a second line so I don't get a warning so I'll blah blah blah to take up time so that I have a second line and don't get a warning ... Obama did it so I guess I can too.

link   

mrsdudara
reply to post by chiefsmom

Its funny how quiet the supporters have suddenly become.

Maybe they stopped paying them.

link   

Well, apparently he didn't think this was a big enough trainwreck. He just wants to make it worse.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

thesaneone

That's a great question but I think the damage is done there is no way the insurance companies are going to go through the trouble to try and make the prez look good.

I don't think so either.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

chiefsmom

Well, apparently he didn't think this was a big enough trainwreck. He just wants to make it worse.

LOL it will make it worse.

link   
Let me see if I understand this.

The president can call a press conference, declare that parts of the ACA are being changed, and then it just... Happens? Can we start calling him a dictator yet?

I imagine the insurance companies sunk quite a bit of money into sending those cancellation notices. Now they are supposedly on the hook for reversing those cancellations, which will add to that cost. Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't that make the prices of their policies go up? And then we can just blame the evil insurance companies, right?

link   
Reaction from Insurance Companies .... coming across FOX news ...

Insurance Companies statement .... NEGATIVE ... you can't change the rules after the health plans are out .. it's the law ... premiums are already set for the next year .... this will cause a major disruption ... fewer choices for consumers and you can't just set the reset button ....

Basically the train is in motion and there is no going back.
The Insurance companies can't afford it.
ANd it can't be done anyways ....

link   

Stormdancer777

How are the insurance companies going to feel about this, this could have all kinds of ramifications.

He cannot just give them permission, now that it is law.

Oh he said if you got a notice it was probably because they were going to raise their rates or stop covering things you need. That is what they (POTUS) is trying to save us from. Ultimately its up to the insurance companies if they want to give you your same plan back for the same money. Though the chances are that they don't offer it anymore which is why they had to drop you.

link   
If I just heard Obama correctly he basically just made the analogy that the ACA is "like forcing people to buy new cars, even if they can't afford one" well ...Really!? The whole..."Sorry, I'm not perfect, but something had to be done" is very disturbing. If he says "People need to do the RIGHT thing" one more time I think I might throw-up !

Even IF Individual States and Commissioners hold off cancelling for another year, which they are under NO obligation to do, SO WHAT !!! It doesn't change what it is going to be.....tear that band-aide off SLOW and PAINFULLY...yup...that's HELPFUL !!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

thesaneone

You mean all those companies that King Obama and all his Democratic Court,have been parrot spewing over and over again, that those companies only offered sub-standard plans? Oh yeah....I'm sure they'll be the first in line to lay down sand bags to shore up this crumbling mess.....

Des

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

FlyersFan
Reaction from Insurance Companies .... coming across FOX news ...

Insurance Companies statement .... NEGATIVE ... you can't change the rules after the health plans are out .. it's the law ... premiums are already set for the next year .... this will cause a major disruption ... fewer choices for consumers and you can't just set the reset button ....

Basically the train is in motion and there is no going back.
The Insurance companies can't afford it.
ANd it can't be done anyways ....

He doesn't care how it disrupts anything as long as people still think he looks pretty. THAT is what is important.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by alphaether

In all seriousness, this is really making me wonder what his next angle is going to be. He really does have to get some new law past for this, doesn't he? What is he going to add to it, that he wants slid through?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
FOX - Chris Wallace reporting .... (he says he can't really keep a straight face about all this) ...

He was asked if the WHite House checked with the insurance companies before Obama made
his rambling statement today about trying to reset the situation.

Wallace said that considering the insurance companies are NOT happy with all these changes
and the attempted reset, it seems obvious that Obama didn't check (or didn't care).

WALLACE says the Insurance companies can't do it. It's in motion.
It's too complicated. It's 1/6 of the American economy and you can't just
turn on a dime because the democrats have political problems ....

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

alphaether
Let me see if I understand this.

The president can call a press conference, declare that parts of the ACA are being changed, and then it just... Happens? Can we start calling him a dictator yet?

Actually he didn't change anything at all. He just talked a lot to try to make people understand that they need to sign up. No where did he change anything.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Woo Hoo...Breaking News....

Just in from The America's Health Insurance Plans, Trade Union. Released a statement telling the King...No Go Dude....we can't do your bidding. What you just told the people of America is not even legal.

Des

edit on 14-11-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

FlyersFan

lace said that considering the insurance companies are NOT happy with all these changes
and the attempted reset, it seems obvious that Obama didn't check (or didn't care).

Help me out here, I missed something. What did he change?

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join