It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: President will delay expiration notices for 1 year

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

OneFreeMan
What I want to know is why almost every post on this thread has 5,6,7,8 or 10 stars?

Because those folks are talking sense and everyone knows it.

And how does FlyersFan have an average of over 100 stars per post?

Because I"m freak'n brilliant.
You could only know that statistic if you went and
checked my profile. Star-envy much??

Seriously though ... the stars and karma and all that are broken.
The only number under a persons name that is reliable is the number of posts.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Destinyone
The Upton Bill passes with 39 Dems jumping on board. It now goes to the Senate, but Obama already stated yesterday, he'd veto it if it passes.....

Our Dictator is currently in WH meeting with the heads of Insurance Companies telling them this...

Des

edit on 15-11-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

Obama threatens to veto the "fix" legally voted on by an elected house only to break the law and basically do the same thing. He is a sycophantic, narcissistic, egomaniac that will let nothing get in his way.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Notice the wording of this article:

online.wsj.com...

"White House Will ALLOW..."

I'm seeing where this is going: they are "allowing" the insurance companies to step up and "do the right thing"/reinsate the policies that fell off.

It's going to be the blame-game here on out when people can't get their policies back, decent coverage at decent prices, qualify for the BS subsidies,etc because...well...they are ALLOWING these private companies to make it right.

Henceforth it shall be the "fault" of the insurance companies and not the King and his minions...

Dea God...we are soooooo screwed.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

alphaether

bigdaveyl

Here's the thing. The ACA does not address the reasons why medical care is expensive.

You just nailed it!! The ACA, through its requirement to purchase health insurance, only worsens the situation... Because health insurance is a significant factor in WHY the price of medical care steadily increases. Patients don't know how much anything costs. Why should they know (or care) if the insurance company is paying? Without price signals there's nothing to keep the price of medical care aligned with demand.

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that there is an economic theory that if someone else gives a subsidy, people just use more of it.

This is why college is so expensive - I think they have shown that for every dollar the government gives out in student loans, tuition goes up $0.50 or something.

I think things will get a lot worse before they get better. I'm going to bet that healthcare insurers may have a hard time selling policies and providers will have to change their business models at some point - you can't charge $4 for an aspirin at the hospital any more.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

irishchic
Notice the wording of this article:

online.wsj.com...

"White House Will ALLOW..."

I'm seeing where this is going: they are "allowing" the insurance companies to step up and "do the right thing"/reinsate the policies that fell off.

It's going to be the blame-game here on out when people can't get their policies back, decent coverage at decent prices, qualify for the BS subsidies,etc because...well...they are ALLOWING these private companies to make it right.

Henceforth it shall be the "fault" of the insurance companies and not the King and his minions...

Dea God...we are soooooo screwed.

And even if we got the policies back, what's to stop them from canceling them next year when Obama decides to enforce the law?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

bigdaveyl
I read somewhere (can't remember where) that there is an economic theory that if someone else gives a subsidy, people just use more of it.

It goes something like this ...

- If you want less of something, TAX it.
- If you want more of something, SUBSIDIZE it.

So ...
Obama wants LESS people making a good living because he wants to raise taxes on them.
Obama wants business to be LESS productive because he's raising taxes on them.
Obama wants MORE poor people because he is subsidizing them with more and more entitlements.

I think that's what you were thinking of .... ???

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

bigdaveyl

alphaether

bigdaveyl

Here's the thing. The ACA does not address the reasons why medical care is expensive.

You just nailed it!! The ACA, through its requirement to purchase health insurance, only worsens the situation... Because health insurance is a significant factor in WHY the price of medical care steadily increases. Patients don't know how much anything costs. Why should they know (or care) if the insurance company is paying? Without price signals there's nothing to keep the price of medical care aligned with demand.

This is why college is so expensive - I think they have shown that for every dollar the government gives out in student loans, tuition goes up $0.50 or something.

I think things will get a lot worse before they get better. I'm going to bet that healthcare insurers may have a hard time selling policies and providers will have to change their business models at some point - you can't charge $4 for an aspirin at the hospital any more.

IMO, what will change is that the cost of that aspirin will go up to $8.00, since the paperwork and approvals necessary will double, costing the hospital more $$. As hospitals across this nation are already tightening budgets (they are a profit based business after all) they will need to recoup the additional costs associated with supporting the ACA.

Nothing is free in this world, no matter how many times someone in the top office promises you that it is...regardless of who that person is in the office.

edit on 11/15/2013 by Krakatoa because: Fixed spelling and other fat-finger errors

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Now somebody says the Senate won't bring the House bill to the floor !!

Obama must be playing games ?

Maybe he want's be the only one to take any credit (if any credit even exists)

Senate Democrats do not expect to vote on the ObamaCare fix the House approved on Friday with 39 Democratic votes, according to a senior Democratic aide.

The aide said there is not any pressure on the Senate Democratic leadership to bring the legislation sponsored by Rep. Fred Upton (R-Mich.) to the floor.

“There is a difference between constructive fixes designed to improve the law and bills that would gut it,” said the senior Democratic aide. “The Upton bill is the latter.”

Senate won't bring Upton fix to floor

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

FlyersFan

bigdaveyl

It goes something like this ...

- If you want less of something, TAX it.
- If you want more of something, SUBSIDIZE it.

So ...
Obama wants LESS people making a good living because he wants to raise taxes on them.
Obama wants business to be LESS productive because he's raising taxes on them.
Obama wants MORE poor people because he is subsidizing them with more and more entitlements.

I think that's what you were thinking of .... ???

Yes sir

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

xuenchen
reply to post by irishchic

SEC. 2. IF YOU LIKE YOUR HEALTH CARE PLAN, YOU CAN KEEP IT.

(a) In General- Notwithstanding any provision of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (including any amendment made by such Act or by the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010), a health insurance issuer that has in effect health insurance coverage in the individual market as of January 1, 2013, may continue after such date to offer such coverage for sale during 2014 in such market outside of an Exchange established under section 1311 or 1321 of such Act (42 U.S.C. 18031, 18041).
Gee I'm not sure but didn't we just tell the insurance companies that they had to change any policies that didn't fit Obamanation oops I mean Obamacare? So essentially we give you permission to do nothing!

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I think the best move for the Republican Party now, is to sit back with their popcorn and watch Obamacare implode as Dems scurrying to repaint themselves for their angry constituents, bail from the sinking Good Ship ACA.

Des

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by colddeadhands

Gee I'm not sure but didn't we just tell the insurance companies that they had to change any policies that didn't fit Obamanation oops I mean Obamacare? So essentially we give you permission to do nothing!

Well you're half right.

They have to provide both now.

Both meaning;

1) the new policies that are compliant to the new minimum coverages,

2) and keep the old non-compliant policies for people that still have them.

But they won't let people buy old policies if they don't have old policies already.

Confusing enough ?

But don't confuse this bill with what Obama did yesterday saying the same thing by executive privilege.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Destinyone
reply to post by xuenchen

I think the best move for the Republican Party now, is to sit back with their popcorn and watch Obamacare implode as Dems scurrying to repaint themselves for their angry constituents, bail from the sinking Good Ship ACA.

Des

I agree.

And I think that's what will be happening since some Senate Democrats want something slightly different, and Obama himself wants full executive control of the disaster.

The Democrats in the House that voted against want nothing to be done.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Ok this is insane even for Obama, Thursday morning he says he will let us keep our health plans even if they don't meet obamacare standards. Friday a bill passes in the house to put this into law and Obama promises to VETO it?

How does that not convince everyone this man is either crazy, or the most brazen liar in history?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Could someone summarize for me?

Obamacare is law.
Except for employee mandates.
Except for the website.
You can't keep your own plan.
Now you can keep your own plan, unless the House GOP says you can, then you can't.
It's going to cost more for less.
Except you'll get more of stuff you don't want or need.

My eyes are bleeding. It appears as though this administration couldn't pour piss from a boot if the instructions were written on the heel.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

beezzer
Could someone summarize for me?

Obamacare is law.
Except for employee mandates.
Except for the website.
You can't keep your own plan.
Now you can keep your own plan, unless the House GOP says you can, then you can't.
It's going to cost more for less.
Except you'll get more of stuff you don't want or need.

My eyes are bleeding. It appears as though this administration couldn't pour piss from a boot if the instructions were written on the heel.

I think the term cluster**** applies perfectly here....

Des

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It appears as though this administration couldn't pour piss from a boot if the instructions were written on the heel.

Ah, that's easy beez.

Just tell Obama that for the good of our nation, the piss must stay in the boot....

He would pour it out in a heartbeat.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

butcherguy
reply to post by beezzer

It appears as though this administration couldn't pour piss from a boot if the instructions were written on the heel.

Ah, that's easy beez.

Just tell Obama that for the good of our nation, the piss must stay in the boot....

He would pour it out in a heartbeat.

Now, Now, Now, you know What's Coming Next Don't You? After all the Bad Press and Hate obama has had to endure, expect:

In their Minds, it's not Obamas Fault, we're all losing our Health Care, it's our fault for Not Listening For The Lies In- Between the Lines Of His LIES! We Just Didn't Have our Psychic mind powers Tuned to obamas Station those days.
But Then Most Of Us Never Ever Voted For This POS.

So,,, be proud of the Fact all of us here except for one other poster has made the Covenant:

ETA: My Husband and I Have this made into a Magnetic Sign for our Vehicles and our 5th Wheel,
We get many Thumb-Ups except for California, Colorado and when we go to Washington State, Haven't been to Oregon with the signs yet, but expect to be Lynched there!

edit on 16-11-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join