It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: President will delay expiration notices for 1 year

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

hebegbes
So, I called my insurance company yesterday after hearing this to find out if they were going to retract my cancellation notice. They just snickered at me and basically said that my coverage was history and I'm never getting it back. I'm one of the ones that loved my coverage. I wasn't happy about the premium, like I'm sure no one is, but the coverage itself was great and I had no complaints. This crap ain't gonna happen. It's just more lies.

I'm sorry to hear that, you and Soooooo Many Others have been Had by Obama and Pelosi.
Back in 2007 at a fund raiser Obama said, he was a constitutional law professor, which means he actually respect the Constitution. Total B S !!!!!
That was a Lie and every thing he's said every sense has been a LIE!

Here you go,

This week, Obama unilaterally decided to tell insurance companies that they could now allow sale of plans in the individual insurance market that Obamacare had prevented, forcing five million Americans off the health plans they liked. As Ken Klukowski of Breitbart News has written, this is a violation of the Constitutional separation of powers:
Obama’s announcement is a flagrant and undeniable violation of his constitutional duty under the Take Care Clause. The provisions of Obamacare causing enormous trouble for insurance plans are mandatory, and only Congress can change those parts of the Affordable Care Act.

www.breitbart.com...

OH, and N. Pelosi and her crew of thugs,,,, did you read their Heart Felt Apology To You and All the Other Poor Souls Left out in The Cold. It Wasn't an Apology, it was a F****Y**!

Don’t expect the same “I’m sorry” from House Democratic leaders.

In a news conference Thursday after a meeting with White House officials, the top four Democrats said they won’t apologize for that promise, instead defending the language of the Affordable Care Act — their prized legislative achievement.

www.politico.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Indigo5
[.of those that got coverage..including half on Medicare/Medicaid..they were satisfied with the QUALITY of health care...while the SAME poll showed the vast MAJORITY being UNSATISFIED with COST.

Get real. NO ONE is satisfied with the cost of anything ... be it insurance or groceries or gasoline or houses or rent for an apartment.

Can't take your BS seriously.

Right back atchya.

FACT - 80% of the people were fine with pre-obamacare healthcare.
FACT - Nearly NO ONE is fine with Obamacare now that they know what it is.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
the sky is blue, and Obama is bad... another typical day on ATS....maybe the staff can change the title of this thread to "BASH OBAMA"...

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

jimmyx
the sky is blue, and Obama is bad... another typical day on ATS....maybe the staff can change the title of this thread to "BASH OBAMA"...

The sky is blue, and some can't handle Obama and his ilk being exposed for the corrupt liars that they are ... another typical day on ATS. Cheer up. Since you are stuck on being pro-left partisan, you will be happy to know that Christie (if he gets in office) will get the same scrutiny as Obama is ... just like Bush43 did. (forgot about all the Bush43 threads when he was in office ... didn't you?)

How about you discuss the topic? Here you go ... this will get you started -

House Questions Legality of Obama 'fix'

So is it legal for a POTUS to go around congress and make a statement telling private companies to break the law ... for a year .... until elections in 2014 are over??? Would you be okay with a republican doing that? I think ... NO.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
EMAILS show Obamacare Officials Warned Website Would Crash Back in July

Nearly three months before the rocky Oct. 1 launch of HealthCare.gov, senior managers in charge of creating the online exchanges repeatedly warned of problems with the site -- with one voicing concern the team might "crash the plane at take-off."

The warnings were included in internal emails that were released Friday by Republicans on the House Energy and Commerce Committee. Two series of internal emails in July between officials at the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, including HealthCare.gov project manager Henry Chao, detailed struggles with the creation, development and implementation of the website.

Problems also included staff shortages and significant issues with the software, according to the documents.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Chatting with people this am who all have "private pay" insurance and/or are all business owners or married to one.Yes some have kids both younger and older.

The "general consensus" is that this "plan" needs to be SCRAPPED...it's lost any/all credibility.The "tone" is to "do nothing."

Absolutely nothing.Set up trusts to protect interests if you have them and to do nothing except start putting aside cash for a "medical emergency" should one arise.Focus on being pro-active, most are "anti drug/vaccine" of any kind as well.Educated and fired up for sure,LOL!

Ages from say 27-60.

Not one in the group of say 20 "afflent" women are going to bite on being FORCED to buy this crap in fact several have suggested that the new "concierge medical" services that are springing up around here might be the "way to go..."

I understand it wouldn't be a great option for the seriously ill but basically you pay a "yearly subscription" I believe the number $2,200.00 was mentioned and get OUTSTANDING care from a group of doctors in high-regard. It would included twice yearly exams with bloodwork and xrays if needed, emergency care appointments within 24 hours, wellness seminars, house calls (yep house calls!) 24 hour "contact via phone/text", discounted prescriptions, and a myriad of other services, discounts and cash options were available

Fee paid in advance.I'm guessing you'd probably want some cash in reserve or a "backup" insurance but it sure sounded like it made a LOT more sense thanthe current cluster of "options" being thrown at us!

I guess my point IS that there ARE other possible "solutions and options" that might even WORK or at least are worthy of consideration, especially if you are "young" or "more fit and healthy" or simply don't require much in the way of what "insurance" SUPPOSEDLY provides?

Food for thought! The prevailing arttitude this am was,"Let them come after me..."

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I guess. Maybe I would expect people to be honest, and not head up the butt of 0bama.
I guess i expect too much.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

jimmyx
the sky is blue, and Obama is bad... .
You actually got something right. Welcome to the fold.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Having followed the entire Obama care mess, the question that we all need to ask, is what is it that the President believes he has the power to do this case?

He can ask, he can make a presidential order, but no business has do what he says. They do have to follow the laws of the country, but they can look at the president, give him a one fingered salute and then move on.

The reality is that the President can not do anything to stop this, nor can he get people their coverage back. it is gone and ultimately they are going to have to deal with the ramifications of his signature legislation. The only real way to undo the damage, as much as many would hate to hear it, would be to kill the law and start over, with new legislation, this time writing into the law what is required. One would be no more protection on the insurance companies parts, that means that it opens it up to the entire country. 2) No denying of coverage to anyone, at any time.

There you have it a solution that would reduce down health costs, insurance and ultimately open it up to everyone across the country. With only 2 sentences, instead of 2000 + pages.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
They can say what they want but a year is just the start the lawyers are smelling CASH and they want it bad!!! Lets watch it implode

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Question here...being honest, not obtuse
I just realize some know MUCH more than I do.

It's all over the news right now with headlines such as: the "House Approves an ObamaCare Fix" and "Bill Passes to Reinstate Coverages". Aritcles are vague at best.

Is this another ploy to hopfeully bump up people's confidence that someone is in control of this mess?

OR

Isn't this in essence admitting that the government IS firmly in control of the insruance industry at this point?

I am confused about how they would be able to pass bills relating to the functionality of privately-owned buisness interests if they were not already in the potion to do so?

OR...are the enacting a new law?

TIA for clarity!
edit on 15-11-2013 by irishchic because: spelling

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

irishchic
"House Approves an ObamaCare Fix" and "Bill Passes to Reinstate Coverages".

That means that Congress is giving the insurance companies a 'free pass' on breaking the law for a year. They are allowed ... IF THEY WISH .... to sell the insurance policies back to the people who had them, AND to new people who don't have it.

This is just for a year.

This is just ALLOWING the Insurance companies to do so. It's not forcing them.

And the insurance companies have already said they aren't going to do it. They spent the money in changing over. They aren't going to go spend the money to get everyone back and then just kick them out again in a year.

So in reality ... there is no 'FIX' .... it's too damn late.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

irishchic
Chatting with people this am who all have "private pay" insurance and/or are all business owners or married to one.Yes some have kids both younger and older.

The "general consensus" is that this "plan" needs to be SCRAPPED...it's lost any/all credibility.The "tone" is to "do nothing."

Absolutely nothing.Set up trusts to protect interests if you have them and to do nothing except start putting aside cash for a "medical emergency" should one arise.Focus on being pro-active, most are "anti drug/vaccine" of any kind as well.Educated and fired up for sure,LOL!

Ages from say 27-60.

Not one in the group of say 20 "afflent" women are going to bite on being FORCED to buy this crap in fact several have suggested that the new "concierge medical" services that are springing up around here might be the "way to go..."

I understand it wouldn't be a great option for the seriously ill but basically you pay a "yearly subscription" I believe the number $2,200.00 was mentioned and get OUTSTANDING care from a group of doctors in high-regard. It would included twice yearly exams with bloodwork and xrays if needed, emergency care appointments within 24 hours, wellness seminars, house calls (yep house calls!) 24 hour "contact via phone/text", discounted prescriptions, and a myriad of other services, discounts and cash options were available

Fee paid in advance.I'm guessing you'd probably want some cash in reserve or a "backup" insurance but it sure sounded like it made a LOT more sense thanthe current cluster of "options" being thrown at us!

I guess my point IS that there ARE other possible "solutions and options" that might even WORK or at least are worthy of consideration, especially if you are "young" or "more fit and healthy" or simply don't require much in the way of what "insurance" SUPPOSEDLY provides?

Food for thought! The prevailing arttitude this am was,"Let them come after me..."

Here's the thing. The ACA does not address the reasons why medical care is expensive.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
At the end, the fix is nothing but an embarrassment, the ACA is a mess and is just starting, wait for the flow of Medicaid expanded poor and needy to flock the emergency rooms demanding care and that will be the next chapter in the ACA saga.

The president wants to save face for the democratic party and making all this "fix" look legal and the right thing to do with the house vote, but we all know what it is, too littler too late.

America is really in trouble.
edit on 15-11-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

bigdaveyl

Here's the thing. The ACA does not address the reasons why medical care is expensive.

You just nailed it!! The ACA, through its requirement to purchase health insurance, only worsens the situation... Because health insurance is a significant factor in WHY the price of medical care steadily increases. Patients don't know how much anything costs. Why should they know (or care) if the insurance company is paying? Without price signals there's nothing to keep the price of medical care aligned with demand.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Here's the text of the House bill that passed.

But remember it goes to the Senate next. They will probably change things around.

A BILL

To authorize health insurance issuers to continue to offer for sale current individual health insurance coverage in satisfaction of the minimum essential health insurance coverage requirement, and for other purposes.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the `Keep Your Health Plan Act of 2013'.

SEC. 2. IF YOU LIKE YOUR HEALTH CARE PLAN, YOU CAN KEEP IT.

(a) In General- Notwithstanding any provision of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (including any amendment made by such Act or by the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010), a health insurance issuer that has in effect health insurance coverage in the individual market as of January 1, 2013, may continue after such date to offer such coverage for sale during 2014 in such market outside of an Exchange established under section 1311 or 1321 of such Act (42 U.S.C. 18031, 18041).

(b) Treatment as Grandfathered Health Plan in Satisfaction of Minimum Essential Coverage- Health insurance coverage described in subsection (a) shall be treated as a grandfathered health plan for purposes of the amendment made by section 1501(b) of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

H.R.3350

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The Upton Bill passes with 39 Dems jumping on board. It now goes to the Senate, but Obama already stated yesterday, he'd veto it if it passes.....

Our Dictator is currently in WH meeting with the heads of Insurance Companies telling them this...

Des

edit on 15-11-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I appreciate the insight.

Soooooo the insurance companies should they choose if this bill is approved, have a year at least to "reinstate" aka offer for sale at a signifigantly increased price no doubt,policies to those who were cancelled.

This buys the fools a year to figure out the next layer to the scam.THEY know what the "rates" for Obamacare coverage will be and will match or raise them is my guess resulting in no one WANTING the damn ol' policies back again.

Win for them, just going through the process/motion.

I totally and absolutely agree that the "costs" relating to healthcare are being ignored...

This is not going to end well, going to cook up a giant batch of popcorn and hunker down with y'all.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

The president really love to get permission from his masters before he signs anything this days, right? I wonder what is he promising this time, I bet that it has nothing to do for our benefit.

The president is giving them the right to more increases as a reward for doing what is begging them to do.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Set up an Insurance Exchange that relies on young adults buying Insurance.

Then you allow 26 and under to stay on Parents Insurance.

You build in ridiculous deductibles and unbelievably high premiums.

Then stand there and say you fumbled....Twice?

Here is another sports analogy...The game is over.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join