It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch politician wary of "Killer Robots"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

Well I guess the official term for "killer robots" is "fully autonomous weapon systems". Dutch defence minister Jeanine Hennis is taking into consideration an objection for these kinds of weapons from the left opposition. She will talk with minister of foreign relations Frans Timmermans about a request from the U.N. to implement these weapons..

Not really big news...(although "killer robots" sound pretty cool)

Peace

(PS: the content of the OP is missing)
edit on 14-11-2013 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

Hmmm...OP, let me see if I can fix the translation of the article about this as it is only availble in Dutch since this news is only 45min. old.

Hennis is not thrilled about killer robots

DEN HAGUE - Defense minister Jeanine Hennis is not waiting for the development and the use of so-called killer robots. According to her there are still too many serious questions about this type of fully automated weapons systems.

In the international debate on the killer robots there is a clear "absence of definitions", notes Hennis. In addition, the commitment of this type of weapons is not in line with the law of war. There is also the disturbing fact that these weapons systems are not controlled by people, but can select their target and can decide whether they proceed with an attack on their own.

Telegraaf

That's about it.....

Peace

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
That's odd...seems killer robots got the op...looks blank to me

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

coldkidc
That's odd...seems killer robots got the op...looks blank to me

Pretty decent they also logged-off his account.

My guess....the OP just went through a heap of trouble translating an entire article. Hit a wrong button and lost the entire content of his opening post.

Frustrating as h......

Peace
edit on 14-11-2013 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

top topics

join