It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Andy Kaufman Fake His Death?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Oh, come on people. No one fakes their death. Just plain hopeful thinking.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wrathofall

Thank You Very Much ! ..............

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

reply to post by Vaedur

The girl was a paid actress for the stunt by Kaufman's brother.

www.thesmokinggun.com...

Her real name is Alexandra Tatarsky she is 24 years old, her dad is a doctor. She met Michael at a Andy Kaufman museum and they hatched the plan as a comedy act. People in the crowd all knew it was a prank and appreciated the dark humor as an homage to Andy. But that is all it was, someone videoed it and uploaded and what we see is out of context since its just a small part of the prank performance.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Its technically possible for a person to fake their Death, but without a tangible gain from it I cant see a motive for doing it. What possible and plausible motive would he off had?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Cito

reply to post by Vaedur

The girl was a paid actress for the stunt by Kaufman's brother.

www.thesmokinggun.com...

Her real name is Alexandra Tatarsky she is 24 years old, her dad is a doctor. She met Michael at a Andy Kaufman museum and they hatched the plan as a comedy act. People in the crowd all knew it was a prank and appreciated the dark humor as an homage to Andy. But that is all it was, someone videoed it and uploaded and what we see is out of context since its just a small part of the prank performance.

Yet Michael kaufman straight faced said today on a CNN interview he had never met her before Monday when all of this took place.

Is this a hoax.. more than likely. But to say it was perpetrated by the brother because some website says so, is a bit of jumping the gun right now.

If it was a prank thought up by him and participated with foreknowledge by him, I would see no point in denying it in a live interview that would come back to bite you in the behind.

I think he was hoodwinked because deep down he wishes that there could be a chance it was possible.

We shall see what else develops of the story in the coming days.

The girl has been identified, but like I say.. there are no connections so far to the brother other than some hearsay.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

FlyersFan
reply to post by adjensen

That's pretty clear info. Of course, the rumors of his being alive will continue.
Just like with Elvis. (who I also think is very much dead).

Do you still think Michael Jackson is dead after seeing this video?

I think 'He' has made it pretty clear, if you have been paying attention
over the last few years.
Jackson married Elvis's daughter. Maybe that's where he got the idea.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Despite what you have heard, many regular people have successfully faked their deaths....

While not to the "celebrity extent" that we are talkin' about -
It has been attempted, and done by ordinary people.
Yep, it's true. People have faked their own deaths * for many reasons;

Read Here

While it's not a complete list of folks that did,
I guess if anyone thought they were dead, it's all fine unless they were uncovered...
very few would be privy to the matter of facts anyway.

GJ
T-

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Sadly, I think Andy did indeed die when it was reported. But if anyone on that list of celebs who faked their deaths could have done it, my money would be on him to have been the one.
Here's his appearance from the 1st episode of a then-brand new TV show, Saturday Night Live. I saw this live when it was 1st broadcast, & it still cracks me up.
That man could work up a hilarious bit from anything!

edit on 11/15/13 by BuzzCory because: messed up the embedding of the video, not a hoax, honest!

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
TMZ Interview with Kaufmans girlfriend who was with him when he died
She says he's 'dead dead dead'. She watched him die.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

BuzzCory
Sadly, I think Andy did indeed die when it was reported. But if anyone on that list of celebs who faked their deaths could have done it, my money would be on him to have been the one.
Here's his appearance from the 1st episode of a then-brand new TV show, Saturday Night Live. I saw this live when it was 1st broadcast, & it still cracks me up.
That man could work up a hilarious bit from anything!

edit on 11/15/13 by BuzzCory because: messed up the embedding of the video, not a hoax, honest!

I disagree that he's dead, but I totally agree about this skit. A true genius. As for his ex-girlfriend who saw him die, I noted this odd comment within the article:

She says, "I was in the hospital room. I was there. They would have had to switch bodies."

Seems like an odd thing to say! Sorry, it all seems like an Andy Kaufman joke to me.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

'This is not the usual kind of thing that I bring to ATS' what is with the apologetic preamble? sounds like a bizarre insecure apology lol, just get on with it mate.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join