It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Andy Kaufman Fake His Death?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Could this be the alleged daughter?

truantarts.weebly.com...

I’d love for Andy to still be alive and surprise us all with an appearance some day before it’s really too late. But the resemblance of this actress to the alleged daughter is already crushing my dreams. The flip side to that is the girl/daughter kind of resembles Andy as well. It’s possible she is another family member “in” on the whole joke I suppose.
edit on 14-11-2013 by spikedmilk because: quick edit on spelling

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

No surprise here, he is, and will always be known as, the ultimate hoaxer.. Kinda messed up that he used cancer, especially with that being such a touchy subject for so many, but I guess he had to pick something... It seems very easy to solve this. Can't they do a DNA test of the daughter (24) and Andy Kaufman's brother or would it have to be from Andy himself?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Taissa
I lived in Seattle when Kurt died. Every one I know, thinks someone killed him.

Honestly ...I'd be willing to be on his wife being the perp.

DrumsRfun
If a guy was that smart to pull this off then he is smart enough to know it is illegal.
Coming out and saying "hey I'm alive" would mean jail time..

I"m sure there is a statute of limitations on that.
And it's been 30 years ....

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
According to an update on one of your source articles, FF, it's been revealed as a hoax:

UPDATE: Everyone can calm down. Andy Kaufman's 24-year-old "daughter" is in fact Alexandra Tatarsky, a 23-year-old actress recruited by Michael Kaufman to play the part last week, according to a fresh Smoking Gun report. Tatarsky's real dad is apparently a 58-year-old psychotherapist. And that's a wrap, folks! (Source)

Smoking Gun article cited: SHOCKER: Andy Kaufman’s "Daughter" Is Actually A New York Actress Whose Real Dad Is A Doctor

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

FlyersFan

Taissa
I lived in Seattle when Kurt died. Every one I know, thinks someone killed him.

Honestly ...I'd be willing to be on his wife being the perp.

Ironic you are referring to Courtney Love who also played Andy's wife in "Man In The Moon" ..........just saying

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I find it odd that most of the discussion here is about 'I think' or 'I believe.' For me, it's about the evidence.

TMZ posted this bit of evidence.

As for the evidence, here's what we found:

1. When you look up Andy on the Internet database of record, there is no date of death listed.

2. In 2001, the database shows Andy lived in Cook County, Illinois.

3. There's another address indicating he lived in Westchester County, NY later in 2001.

Read more: www.tmz.com...

As to whether he will 'return,' I suspect that celebrities who choose or are forced to fake their deaths canNOT come back. However, that may have changed as suspicions have been arroused by these articles in several places.

As for the top 10 list, I would agree, though I would put Michael Jackson at the top.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

That's pretty clear info. Of course, the rumors of his being alive will continue.
Just like with Elvis. (who I also think is very much dead).

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I've read that the statute is 7 years, not exactly sure how accurate that is and I'm sure each state is different. I'm trying to find an answer for my own state, but its hard to locate the law iteself

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

So what happens next? I'll tell you...

1. If he is indeed still alive then assume he is living under another ID/alias.

2. Curious ATS'ers dig the rabbit hole deep enough to ID that 'John Doe' who might be/not be Andy Kaufman

3. All threads relating to Andy Kaufman faking his death and John Doe (the alleged Andy Kaufman) get deleted from ATS.

But i dont think he is alive.

Elvis on the other hand, is another story altogether!
edit on 2013-11-14T11:06:45-06:00201311bam3011am4530 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Andy was(yes "was") a genius. He made sure that he would be remembered for a LONG time. I wouldn't doubt that this is part of a script that he wrote before he died. Kinda like the Gerard Butler character in PS I Love You.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

the three of them AK, JFK, and EP are playing golf at this very moment in Nevada under assumed names. no nno picks for their privacy

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Given the recent update, I think it's fair she was portraying what we were hoping for and what your explanation was. Trying to make it look like she grew up with his mannerisms.

Sadly it's a hoax. Clever if it was planned 30 years ago by Andy himself. i'd like to believe it was he who planned this with the help of family and friends.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
And here it is folks....SHOCKER: Andy Kaufman’s "Daughter" Is Actually A New York Actress Whose Real Dad Is A Doctor

TheSmokingGun

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Q: "Did Andy Kaufman Fake His Death?"
A: Yes.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
If you believe there's nothing up their sleeve, then Andy is long gone. He had a warped sense of humour for sure, but to use cancer?

I'm not so sure if he faked it, but if he did, ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
They just had Michael Kaufman on CNN.

In the interview he states he had nothing to do with this woman and had no foreknowledge of her before Monday.

Said that he had no way to find her after she left, but thinks since she may have been identified by certain websites, it would be possible to perform a DNA test .

He is leaning more towards not believing it.. but as a brother, I guess you have to have a little hope that it could be true.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Michael Kaufman also claims he received a letter from Andy in 1999. Maybe he is in on all of it and maybe Andy is dead, but the mystery can continue for another 20 years or so.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
After watching the CNN interview. I cant believe that Michael was in on this. It is either a cruel hoax or very real. I think the Smoking gun article is jumping the gun on this one.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

No . With an Ego the Size of his , there is no way he could stay out of the " Lime Light ' for very long . Face it , Andy's Dead.......

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Does anyone have the video of Kaufan on CNN?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join