It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you do excerise to get a free bus or train ticket?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
The Link

As a promotion for the Winter Olympics in Sochi, train drivers are allowing passengers to do 30 squats for a free ride.

This is absolutely genius, sod the promotion, this should be available for all kinds of public provided things!!!!!

Public rest room: Jog on the spot for 5 minutes, well this ones easy!

edit on 14-11-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Wish they would do something over here, would be a good initiative for some of the lazy obese people growing out of proportion while filling their face hole. I for one would be up for the exercise if it would get me a free train ticket.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Seeing as i exercise for free now i would welcome a free train ticket..

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Depends on the specific drill they wanted done. Squats and push ups and the like? You can forget it. Now, if they are saying that I could get a free train ticket by punching the ever loving hell out of a punch bag for three minutes... that I would be up for.

Generally speaking though, my attitude is, if you still need to excersise after a day at work to remain healthy, then your job is crap and you need a new one.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by Biigs

Generally speaking though, my attitude is, if you still need to excersise after a day at work to remain healthy, then your job is crap and you need a new one.

well this is exactly the point the initiative is making - most officer workers, sit down to drive to work, sit down at a desk, sit to drive to get food where they sit down and then back to work also driving sitting, to sit at their desk then drive sitting home to sit on the sofa after a hard days work!

Why cant they just have a few exercise bikes and weights on the buses and trains?

If it was an electric bus.... POWER THE DAMN BATTERIES WITH THE JUICE

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

But that is just the trouble. Do you know what the sort of jobs are that involve no actual physical work? Ones that do not produce anything. Truck drivers WORK. Their clutch pedal legs are made of pig iron, and they have to be pretty capable to climb all over their rigs, work the ratchet straps, and keep their vehicles ship shape. Factory workers WORK, because they are always moving about, lifting that, moving this, hammering stuff, it all adds up. The people who stock the shelves at supermarkets, janitors everywhere, and people who MAKE THINGS, these people do NOT need a gym membership.

So its only the people who wake up in the morning and kid themselves into believing they deserve paying for what they do, that actually need this incentive. They account for what, two percent of the population?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Woa chill out man.

you dont have to exercise: just pay two the two bucks instead

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Biigs
The Link

As a promotion for the Winter Olympics in Sochi, train drivers are allowing passengers to do 30 squats for a free ride.

This is absolutely genius, sod the promotion, this should be available for all kinds of public provided things!!!!!

Public rest room: Jog on the spot for 5 minutes, well this ones easy!

Now lets see what will people do for a buck... lets watch the white lab rats now...

top topics

join