It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recording gameplay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I'm trying to record my gameplay, but seem to be having a problem.
Having issues getting my own voice to record in teamspeak. In order to do it, I have to have my mic be listened to by my audio device, which causes me to hear my own voice, which is very disorienting (LOL)
If I have Overwolf listen to JUST my audio device, it wont record my voice, if I have it listen to my mic, it dont record the computer sounds, so its either or.
Anyone out there got an idea or even a better FREE program that will record gameplay and voice?

Here's a video I did using it

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Alas most free ones will only do video or audio. I would suggest forking out a few $ for fraps. I record a lot of CoD / WoW / FTB with it using TS/mumble/skype with friends etc, works a treat

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Get Bandicam. Problem solved.

ETA: Don't get FRAPS. Please. It sucks compared to Bandicam.

Also if you need a free simple program to compress video afterwards, get Handbrake. Effective, simple.
edit on 14-11-2013 by Broom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Broom

is bandicam free?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

There is a free version and a paid version. The free version will only let you record up to either 5 or 15 minutes at a time, I forget which, and will say bandicam at the bottom of each video as a watermark. The paid version is limitless and has no watermark.

Might as well download it and at least try it out. I recommend it! I've used it on many games. Including online gaming and have never had a problem with audio or video.

ETA: I recommend it over FRAPS because it compresses without loss much better. And it isn't as demanding on your system. I've tried FRAPS and tolerated it until I found Bandicam.

Here is a sample video I did with Bandicam. I used Handbrake to compress it, I think it was like 1.2 gigs and compressed to 500MB. Then just used Windows Movie Maker 6.0 to put together this little scene. I have a lot of other videos on youtube somewhere, just not this channel:

And if you can't afford something like Sony Vegas I really do recommend the old Windows Movie Maker. Not the new one that you have to download that comes with Windows 7 and 8. The old one that came with Windows Vista. You should be able to find it somewhere online and download it, or if you have an old Windows Vista disk plug it in and copy it off. Windows Movie Maker 6.0. It was free, simple, yet pretty powerful. Not as powerful as Vegas, but much better than the new Movie Maker from MS which is just stupid.

ETA:

Just realized my kid uploaded a live gamplay of LOL with him on chat using Bandicam. Here it is:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Broom

wish it did longer recordings, I'm recording my guild's SWTOR run friday night, would be cool to record the whole thing, maybe I'll just do the boss fights

I'll try it with MW3 and Arma II as well

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
or sign up to twich and use one of their recommended programs, then you can stream it live and have it recorded on their cloud

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Alternatively you could always use an external screen recorder. Think back in the day when you used to use a VCR to connect to the PC's capture card. Now it's in reverse but you do it over again. This reduces the stress on your computer's load. But yeah, bandicam or fraps. Bandicam sucks a lot of fps though. Commercial video recording uses external hardware to do it all, but it costs money money money~

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

HomerinNC
reply to post by Broom

is bandicam free?

It can be "free" if you know where to "find" it.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Biigs
or sign up to twich and use one of their recommended programs, then you can stream it live and have it recorded on their cloud

But only for a while... I'm not sure how long it is, but it's not indefinitely.

An alternative is to stream to Twitch and get it to upload your game play to Youtube. Personally, I just stream and don't record or save because no-one wants to listen to 2 hours+ of my waffling on

top topics

join