It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Claims 25 UFOs Watched Cosmonauts Wave Olympic Torch on ISS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I haven't found any English accounts of this story.

Свидетелями выноса факела Олимпиады в открытый космос стали не менее 25 НЛО

perevodika.ru...

There is a link to a Russian news video. www.youtube.com...

At the end of the article is a long time-tagged catalog of claimed anomalies. That's actually a nice touch and I wish space-ufo-video posters in the future would emulate it.

Is there any reason to think it's just more space ice?

That was generally true for shuttle videos, but the ISS doesn't use thrusters during spacewalks and rarely if ever these days dumps water.

Still, some prosaic explanation seems likely.

The Bing translation looks like this.

November 9, 2013 as part of the Olympic torch relay was held on the stem of the Sochi Olympic torch with ISS spacewalk. On board the station delivered Cosmonaut Mikhail Tyurin, and "ceremony" of the torch into space were also Russians Fyodor Yurchikhin, Oleg Kotov and Sergei Ryazansky. Broadcaster RussiaToday (RT) led the live broadcast of this unique event. Not only on air, but also on the Web-site of RT Live, as well as on youtube. Of course, sin was to miss such an event, given that during the live broadcast is a chance to see "something unusual." And the first minutes of demonstration of outer space through the open hatch station expectations: the so-called "boots" (fastwalkers) were there.

For the first few minutes and then trembling and an "pictures" I managed to see at least five fast rotating movement of objects on a black background of space. Detail of the television picture was mediocre, and I wanted to find the source video. Immediately following the ether RT has posted the full version of the broadcast of the Evas on youtube (link www.youtube.com...). Analyse the video stream during the live broadcast is quite difficult, and here is the video file you can dissect and examine frame by frame.

Imagine my surprise when two hours watching this broadcast I was able to examine at least 25 unusual luminous objects, some of which were moving on a curved trajectory, freeze and then moved in the opposite direction or within the camera's field of view at high speed and then abruptly "retarded" and were extinguished. You agree that you will not live. Telekommentatory RT, the PCO and the astronauts themselves taking place in frame of the "movement" is not paying attention, that is understandable: the theme broadcast on the torch is not involved, ducking on the background of the ISS. It should be remembered that the orbital speed of the station is close to 8 km/s.

edit on 13-11-2013 by JimOberg because: add link

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Could you possibly post the elapsed time of the video where these alleged objects are seen?

That is a long video, it is getting late and I wouldn't mind seeing it before tomorrow if you can.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MALBOSIA

I think he might be talking about what looks like orbs at the very end, go to 2:11

Stari

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

JimOberg
I haven't found any English accounts of this story.

Свидетелями выноса факела Олимпиады в открытый космос стали не менее 25 НЛО

perevodika.ru...

There is a link to a Russian news video. www.youtube.com...

At the end of the article is a long time-tagged catalog of claimed anomalies. That's actually a nice touch and I wish space-ufo-video posters in the future would emulate it.

Is there any reason to think it's just more space ice?

That was generally true for shuttle videos, but the ISS doesn't use thrusters during spacewalks and rarely if ever these days dumps water.

Still, some prosaic explanation seems likely.

Thanks for posting this.

My thoughts are that it could very well be another small leak of some kind. I am no ISS expert but I believe you are. Any ideas of what systems on that side could have sprung a leak of some kind?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Translated page using Google traduction. A simple way to do this is to go into Google traduction and put the link in the traduction box. A link in blue bold and underlined appears to the right, you click it and then set the language of the source website and the one you wish it translated into.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Stari
reply to post by MALBOSIA

I think he might be talking about what looks like orbs at the very end, go to 2:11

Stari

I thought maybe that was interesting, but those are just marks on the lens revealed by light reflection. This becomes clear when the camera pans around and the marks appear to show up on the space station when light reflects off of the dark backdrop of the ISS. I'm not sure there is actual footage of these 25 UFOs but it would be cool as hell to see it.
edit on 14-11-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

25:18 - 25:20 (minutes and seconds)
In view of the camera, the imaging space station through the open hatch, consistently fly into 2 objects . Tilt angles of their trajectories differ somewhat. The second object is brighter (or larger flies closer to the ISS). (Fig. 2).

Fig. 1.
The analysis of the trajectories of objects surrounding the umbilical cord (bright "segment" in the center of the frame) and the "lost" power plant TSS-1R (Tethered Satellite System) February 25, 1996 .

Fig. 2.
"Walker", flying through the field of view of the camera at around 25:19.

25:30 - Very fast, "walker" (not very bright) is moving at a different angle than the previous two.
25:59 - Another object sweeps from left to right.
26:02 - Weak object in the upper right corner of the cell.
26:28 - fast an object is moving upwards.
27:39 - 27:43 - The object appears at the bottom of the frame, against a bright line element of the ISS structure. Then he "goes" to the left of gloves Sergei Ryazan , writes arc slowing down in the end of it, and then moves in the opposite direction, the pomigivaya, and then disappears . Images from category "unbelievable but true".
28:10 - Weak brightest "walker" on the right side of the screen.
37:10 - Red patch may in the upper right side of the frame (Fig. 3) resembles a "digital objects" (red , green and other colors) detected by Martin Stubbs (see for them in the movie, filmed in his material ).

37:13 - rod-shaped object, recorded at just one frame (ie, he crossed the field of view of up to 1/30 second) (Fig. 4).

Fig. 3.
"Red Spot" and its enlarged image (1 frame, elev. 37:10).

Fig. 4.
Rod-shaped object (1 frame, elev. 37:13).

Further, by changing shoot camera (with "night" filter and the transition to the foreground shooting) for a long time, nothing unusual is happening. The station is in the shadow zone. Astronauts include relatively weak lights reading lights and busy assembling works.

1:17:35
At 4:00 in the direction of astronauts for a few seconds there is an off-white shimmer. This is most likely a reflection or glare, but it seems unusual color on a background of purple and pink filter chamber.

1:18:24 - To the left of the center of the field of view twice seen a bright flash. Maybe she has a natural cause, as the short-range and long-range plan for the video indistinguishable. At around 1:24:55 ISS re-enters the 40-minute zone "of the day."
1:34:52 - When viewing a single frame from the bottom of the middle frame see white rotating object (presumably, a rod-shaped), rising to the center of the field of view (Figure 5).

Fig. 5.
Elongated and rotating object at around 1:34:52.

Fig. 6.
Bright one-frame flash near the bottom of the "Orange Panel" at the mark. 1:58:21.

It is another pause, followed by - stormy finale of "blinking" of the objects.

1:57:19 - On the left side of the screen to 4 frames appear very fast and bright.
1:57:29 - "walker" sweeps diagonally to the left part of the field of view (on the logo RT), and observed for 8 frames.
1:57:31 - In the same area, another fixed object - only 3 shots, he moves from right to left.
1:57:48 - Same area of the screen from right to left, the object is visible only in one frame.
1:58:13 - Relatively slow UFO. Moving up from the "striped arc" in the center of the screen. After the first 4 frames per lens gets light from the sun, but then to be seen again for another 2 seconds when it flies against the tether rings.
1:58:21 - Bright 1-frame flash near the bottom of the "Orange Panel" (Figure 6). It was preceded by two other 1-human outbreaks of lesser intensity.
2:02:17 - 20:02:21 - Multiple single flashes near the "striped arc" moved from the top down, but were not located on the same line. It appears that the objects have at least two.
2:03:44 - 2:03:47 - Another notable "walker" left of "striped arc." Appears at the top, enters the field of view of the camera rapidly, but almost immediately begins to "slow down" and change its brightness, and stops to disappear . Uneven and curvilinear motion inexplicable if involve mechanical causes (dust, fragments of screws or ice particles).
2:04:22 - 2:04-23 - The object appears behind the second from the bottom strips on the "arc" and moves to the left of it. There is 6 frames, then "disappeared", but once again breaks out after 14 shots - even at 4 frames.
2:05:37 - A little above the center of the frame - an object that goes into the top left corner.
2:05:51 - A little to the left of the left hand of Sergei Ryazan visible bright spot, which for several blocks moved up
2:06:05 - 2:06:08 - Behind the second from the bottom strips on the arc of the object is visible, then the camera "blinding" the sun, but after he covers the ISS element, the object continues to "climb".
2:09:33 - 2:09:38 - left of the "striped arc" there is a sparkling "walker" that moves up toward the orange "panel" in the upper left corner of the screen.
2:10:49 - 2:10 51 - The object goes out of the base, "striped arc" and moves to the left, pomigivaya.
2:13:22 - 2:13:23 - At the top of the screen from right to left quickly sweep the two objects (top left)
2:16:31 - 2:16:33 - The left side of the camera's view, behind the "strips" - often flicker before and after the "exposure" from the sun moves vertically

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Look from 1:55:00 mark in the bottom left of screen to left of arm - 100% proof of controlled object (opinion)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I really haven't looked closely enough to form an opinion on what these dots may be, and I'm of the view that all the notorious youtube space ufo videos are junk, but more strongly, I believe it doesn't matter what past videos may have shown, it's important to keep eyes out to clues of vehicle malfunction, of unexpected natural or manmade phenomena, or -- always an option -- something more. Thanks for all the constructive and open- minded replies.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

There is nothing to see in the whole video except that i really wanted that cosmonaut to let go of that Olympic Torch

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

wlasikiewicz

There is nothing to see in the whole video except that i really wanted that cosmonaut to let go of that Olympic Torch

He did several times, but the torch -- as all objects on spacewalks are supposed to be -- was double-tethered.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I've been looking at the object at 27:39 - 27:43 repeatedly, and I don't know how to explain that one away. It's definitely on a curved trajectory, and as J.O stated, the ISS doesn't use thrusters during spacewalks. That's one impressive curveball, I wonder who threw it.

I'm waiting for the prosaic explanation Jim...

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I'm surprised this thread isn't getting more attention. I'm also surprised the OP shoots down similar past shuttle UFO sightings but at the same time starts up this thread. S+F

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Heliocentric

wow, that is very interesting, thanks

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by game over man

To be fair, J.O didn't sanction the video, he simply posted it, which was the right thing to do. Nevertheless, he used to be something of an orbital expert, and he focused on the Soviet space program, so this is right up his alley. I'm sure he's working overtime right now on figuring out how supposed ice particles takes a bend through space for no apparent reason (it's not the first one), and as the renowned skeptic he is I'm sure he'll come up with some type of explanation.

edit on 14-11-2013 by Heliocentric because: The passing days and months are eternal travelers in time.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Heliocentric

i'll tell you one explanation for that;

The Greys were flying along when one of the co-pilots spotted the camera and warns the driver, so he panics and put his ship into lightspeed mode and hightailed it outta there.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Certainly a lot going on in that video! Whether it's bits of something (like ice) chipping away from the ISS or not I don't know, I wouldn't expect them to be openly walking about if they know there's debris about (and if they don't know about it out there they might want to watch that video themselves!!) but also can't dismiss the fast-walker theory as seen them myself, but not sure you'd even see them across one or two frames (if they are moving in the opposite direction), unless they are stationary perhaps. Still, interesting stuff... and, well, kind of waited a while for some full length video of spacewalks, uncut and clearly with things going on in the background. And this video (and the listed points where to look) fits that bill perfectly, thanks for sharing! No NASA censorship here, yippee!
edit on 14-11-2013 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

game over man
I'm surprised this thread isn't getting more attention. I'm also surprised the OP shoots down similar past shuttle UFO sightings but at the same time starts up this thread. S+F

Because the ISS doesn't fire thrusters like the shuttle. So this is unexplained for now and he wanted your opinion.

My opinion is a system may be leaking and NASA may not want to talk about that until they have some confidence as to what is leaking and where. (Like last time).

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Heliocentric
I've been looking at the object at 27:39 - 27:43 repeatedly, and I don't know how to explain that one away. It's definitely on a curved trajectory, and as J.O stated, the ISS doesn't use thrusters during spacewalks. That's one impressive curveball, I wonder who threw it.

I'm waiting for the prosaic explanation Jim...

Do better. How about you help find one?

These gentle turners do seem to be a minor category. I've been busy with the zig-zaggers and the materializers-from-nothingers and the flashers and donuts. If you're happy with my explanations for all of those, I figure it would be worth looking at potential prosaic explanations got the gentle-turners.

Seriously, can somebody collect four or five different cases with this interesting behavior, and we can start looking for common features and context? And be sure to start with my background material in the '99 FAQs'.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

This is a long video. Could you post the video times in which you are seeing anomalies?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join