It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being in The Moment and Addictions and Temptations...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
When you become aware, just noticing the moment, you realize that you don't have to think to act. It is automatic. But, if this is the main spiritual state of being to be in, what happens when you feel strong temptations again and again? Is it ok to just go along with it because it is all in the moment?

Isnt this saying that it is ok to be materialistic chasing delicious food, sex, and money since it just happens in the moment?

Even if actions just happen WE are still responsible because if we stay "aware" and let the body be automatic, we Will still feel the pain whether it be stomach ache, sexual disease, etc.

So I'm asking all of the be-in-the-moment people, what is their solution to this?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
No... The mind should always hold the body's desires in submission.. Discipline, self control..

The same goes with the soul.. Haughty, high minded, arrogant , self righteous ideas..Every idle thought needs to be scrutinized..

Ever have a seriously f'ed up thought or idea just pop up? Ever wonder where it comes from?

I find it funny hearing the phrase living in the moment.. Where/when am I, if not in the moment?

I know what's meant by it, it's just comical..

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
You should always put thought into your actions. If people are saying in a spiritual state they don't have to think but rather just act one also needs to consider what a true spirit state would be like.

We wouldn't be tempted by earthly things, there wouldn't be greed, lust, pride, etc. If a person only applies one part of what it would be like in that state, keeping the rest of the ego bound self intact it won't work.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The idea is to stay in the moment and strictly observe, with intent, without opinion, remain objective with calm patience, all the while realising, knowing
that the moment is transitory and impermanant...

edit on 13-11-2013 by Mythkiller because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Mythkiller
reply to post by arpgme

The idea is to stay in the moment and strictly observe, with intent, without opinion, remain objective with calm patience, all the while realising, knowing
that the moment is transitory and impermanant...

edit on 13-11-2013 by Mythkiller because: (no reason given)

Well put my friend.
IMO living in the moment requires acceptance of how things are at this moment and not desiring otherwise. Not dwelling on past or future. Just taking what you get and accepting it.
"Going with the flow."

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Hypothetically speaking 13.5 billion light years from here a boulder is falling into a precipice on a planet, as a result of erosion caused by wind, that occurs on that planet. It happened at the moment I decided to generate this response.

It was in hypothesis a part of that moment and in relation to quantum entanglement as a whole it was a part of that moment.

Implied is that a moment, is infinite.

Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

arpgme
When you become aware, just noticing the moment, you realize that you don't have to think to act. It is automatic. But, if this is the main spiritual state of being to be in, what happens when you feel strong temptations again and again? Is it ok to just go along with it because it is all in the moment?

Isnt this saying that it is ok to be materialistic chasing delicious food, sex, and money since it just happens in the moment?

Even if actions just happen WE are still responsible because if we stay "aware" and let the body be automatic, we Will still feel the pain whether it be stomach ache, sexual disease, etc.

So I'm asking all of the be-in-the-moment people, what is their solution to this?

A solution to all your desires is to find what you are really looking for ... the SELF .

Your question about thought/desires arising when your ego mind is not still( present in the moment)
... it is wanting/searching and it thinks these things you desire( more food,sex, money) will bring you wholeness .

The question seems like its not about being fully present in the moment, its about desires and whether or not you want to always act on conditioning or not.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I am a subject, an experience. I can tell you the world, every second as you say, the moment, aware of what is happening right now on earth and in the solar system. It is too much for me. It is overwhelming. It is not an easy world. For people to say, 'open up your eyes and realize' is going to make things more difficult partly because for the most part humans hate each other and are not evolved to a world of understanding and love.

new topics

top topics

join