It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever happened to the NSA?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls

Originally posted by victor was right
i think all rules go out the window when it comes to these agencies. they don't grant these guys unfathomable secrecy and power just to tie their hands behind their backs with repressive rules.

ultimately, the illusion of rules just makes it easier for them to work among us without being suspected

I wish that was the case. It would make my job easier, but atlas, it's not. We have rules we have to follow. Believe it or not, it's can be hard to do our job with all the rules.

Back in the 50's and 60s, there were no rules, but all has changed. we are constrained by the lawyers and congress.

That sounds all well & good, - but-
i think the Standard Operating Procedure includes the rider, caveat, cautions.... Don't get Caught....or, I Never Instructed Anyone To Do That...or, Your on Your Own...

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
St Udio, That's not the way it works. I can't speak for the CIA, FBI, DHS, but I know that NSA is constrained by laws. Individuals who go off the reservation will find themselves in levenworth for a long time. We take our directives seriously. NSA is not the rogue agency you see in the movies. People go to jail for breaking the law. We have to be above the fray, because of all the oversight that we are under.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   

they are responsible for cracking forigen military codes

do not forget extra terrestrial transmissions

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
oh yes extra terrestrial transmissions, sorry i forgot.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Thank you all for your input. I guess the bottom line is the government feels they need more control over our lives to protect us. I guess creating the NSA, CIA and FBI just isn't enough. How pathetic.

[edit on 18-11-2004 by mrmulder]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join