It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be as a Child?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

This saying from Thomas REEKS (in a good way) of reincarnation. We are all born naked, and we aren't ashamed of it one bit. Being naked is natural, if it weren't we wouldn't be born that way.

To "strip and not be ashamed" is being born again! Literally.

The bible says that the Son is the image of the invisible God; it also says God is Spirit. We all have an invisible side, a side we never see. God the Father is that unseen side of us (God the Mother is what we do see), He is within us and He is our Spirit.

To see the Son and to not be afraid is to be born again in my opinion. Babies are not afraid and have wonder in their eyes after they are born. The reason they are not afraid is because they see the Son, the image that they (we) see through vision, they see the LIGHT. "And God said, 'Let there be light' and there was light" and "I am the light of the world" come to mind here. We see that light every day, the light of God, our light.

Our bodies are part of that image, a house fly is part of that image, whatever you see is the image of the invisible God (your Spirit). We are the perceiver, we are the Son, we are the image of God.

"Change and be like little children" for sure. Thanks for bringing that saying up, I had forgotten it.

edit on 15-11-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The Gospel of Thomas is one of my favorite scriptures.

There's many things in there that reminds me of Tao Te Ching.

It was a serpent that gave wisdom, not Yahweh.

By the way, in many cultures outside of the bible the serpent represents sex and wisdom.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The reason they are not afraid is because they see the Son, the image that they (we) see through vision, they see the LIGHT.

Perhaps more literally then we can even imagine...

I've noticed that babies sometimes stare at things that are not there (to us) and smile, sometimes even burst out in laughter... Perhaps they see what we do not, having just come from "home" so to speak...

Amazingly enough... This same thing happens with the elderly, and people close to passing...

I see it on a regular basis

edit on 15-11-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Thank you for this thread. This verse has always been the one that I have personally held close to my heart as the one that I perceived to be the most important to remember. For so many people, it has been a long time since they've heard that verse, and it didn't hurt to be reminded of it. Maybe somewhere in their subliminal minds the words can make some connections. Thank you again for the reintroduction of that theme.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LucidLight

Wow...

You've been here for two years with three posts in total and you decide to speak up here?

Im honoured

Speak your mind brother/sister?

Why are you sitting on the sidelines?

Thanks for the cudos

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I am a sister. I've been more of a fly on the wall enjoying the site since discovering it around 2007 or '06 mostly. Raising kids before and never knowing when I could reply back because of the business of the household hugely determined if I attempted a reply. There's probably been more than one post that I've abandoned on second thought, too. Guess I better send since I find I keep erasing.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Just think... Only 16 more posts and you can make your own thread

Then you'll have lots to erase on second thoughts

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

More erasing just went on needless to say.

I'm trying to reply, but not derail the thread.
I tend to attempt things with the same occurrence of blue moons.
I will add, though, that by also "being as a child" tends to keep your muscles and body more youthful, too. Spend more time playing and enjoying life. Get out and make new friends. Life isn't all work. Laugh as much as possible. Learn, learn, learn some more...keep that mind thinking!
One can take that verse to so many levels of thought.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Akragon

Just think... Only 16 more posts and you can make your own thread

Then you'll have lots to erase on second thoughts

Akra

Now that was the most clever thing you have said this week...

LOL, that was funny.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

LucidLight
reply to post by Akragon

More erasing just went on needless to say.

I'm trying to reply, but not derail the thread.
I tend to attempt things with the same occurrence of blue moons.
I will add, though, that by also "being as a child" tends to keep your muscles and body more youthful, too. Spend more time playing and enjoying life. Get out and make new friends. Life isn't all work. Laugh as much as possible. Learn, learn, learn some more...keep that mind thinking!
One can take that verse to so many levels of thought.

Does that play mean Dodge ball and snowball fights?

I call the swing, akra can go down the slide....and later we can make sand skyscrapers in the night-time kitty litter box of nocturnal feline meanderings.

i'm just being silly, but relating it to playing as children. Akra is going to snow bomb my fort, so I better get busy with gathering snow.

(PS, Akra and I are helping you achieve your 16 posts.)
edit on 11/15/2013 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

More like hide and seek. Forever wanting a new mystery to exercise my brain, or more how it would have been in the old days.
Snowball fights are rare here in the South, but appreciated for sure when opportunity arises.
There was a time when I couldn't wait to shine and make my stamp or mark, but sidelines have their advantages, too.
Who knows, though, maybe I've been in a cocoon long enough.
(Apologies please if my writings tend to have blunt edges, at least on read back they appear to me that way. Blame it on my lack of sleep, as I'm way late hitting the pillow)
Only erased once that time.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

LucidLight
reply to post by WarminIndy

More like hide and seek. Forever wanting a new mystery to exercise my brain, or more how it would have been in the old days.
Snowball fights are rare here in the South, but appreciated for sure when opportunity arises.
There was a time when I couldn't wait to shine and make my stamp or mark, but sidelines have their advantages, too.
Who knows, though, maybe I've been in a cocoon long enough.
(Apologies please if my writings tend to have blunt edges, at least on read back they appear to me that way. Blame it on my lack of sleep, as I'm way late hitting the pillow)
Only erased once that time.

Since we can't see into your mind as you type and then erase, we can only go on the end product. You don't seem to have many blunt edges to me. Sometimes people just like to comment with small posts. At least you are feeling more comfortable in posting.

Hide and seek, that's a good game. But do you say "Ollie Ollie Oxen Free!"?

You need more rest then.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Akragon
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Except Adam and eve never existed to begin with...

Its genetically impossible for all of humanity to have come from one man... Unless we are all products of incest.. Which we are not...

So you say, but the theory of evolution is backwards. We are not evolving, we are devolving and that is why our longevity is shortened to no more than 120-125 years at the maximum. The progenitor's genetics were 100% pure at the time of their fall. Adam died because sin took it's toll on his body "from dust you came and dust you shall return", that statement chronicles that Devolution in it's entirety.

There was no time in the history of earth where there were only two people

You can't know that, you weren't there so you cannot know. Recorded history only goes back as far as 6,000 years and I do not believe the earth is 6,000 years old. To make such a grandiose statement is pompous and irresponsible, especially when science is far from perfect and still has a great many flaws. One such flaw is that things are the way they are because some guy said so, and it became a popular thought which is basically nothing more than another faith based religion. By putting your faith in a thing someone says is right, correct or true when neither they, nor you have any clue at all wether it is or not, it is naught but a faith.
edit on 15-11-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

ITs not evolution brother... its genetics... Hardly a perfect science either, and of course im not a scientist.. but we can clone a sheep... and we also know that when a brother and sister, or anyone close to the same gene pool have a child... Things don't go quite according to plan...

Have you seen the movie idiocracy?

IF adam and even were actually a true story.... THIS would be what the world would look like...

I appreciate your faith brother... but Adam and Eve are just a myth, and believing they were real is pompous and irresponsible as you put it... Akin to believing a talking snake or donkey existed... It just doesn't make logical sense

Believe whatever you want though... IF I remember correctly you are also the one who called Jesus the "torah made flesh"... so you and I are not going to come to an agreement on much...

That much is obvious since you didn't even read the OP... You just burst in my thread with a NOPE...

I've noticed there are a few people here who disagree with me... just because its me

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I really like this thread, OP.

Being raised in a Christian house most of my life, I am extremely familiar with the Bible. Now that I am an adult, though I would not say I am a "Christian."
But one thing that I really think about often is what it means to be in the mind of a child, or to have the heart of a child. I really like your take on the subject.
One thing I think of when I ponder being childlike is being open and accepting. Your post really gave me some insight to the subject, and to my own thoughts.
I don't post often, I just really felt compelled to reply (:
Thanks

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by berbishchanish

Im glad you enjoyed the read...

And just so you know... Im not Christian either...

I just love the words of Jesus... They are Truth

Thanks for your reply my friend

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Akragon

IF adam and even were actually a true story.... THIS would be what the world would look like...

I appreciate your faith brother... but Adam and Eve are just a myth, and believing they were real is pompous and irresponsible as you put it... Akin to believing a talking snake or donkey existed... It just doesn't make logical sense

In my opinion, Genesis is probably the only book of the bible that actually has some truth in it. Jesus is most definitely a myth, his words which you enjoy so much were most likely a collection of tales and wise sayings collected from the gnostics, hebrews, egyptians and some other pagan sects around at that time.

Genesis does not say that Adam and Eve were the first man and woman. In Genesis 4;16-17 Cain was sent away from his family into the land of Nod. Where he slept with his wife, who is previously not mentioned - but whom must have dwelt in the land of Nod. Adam and Eve were not the first, they were simply those who had been created directly and 'in the image of' the one who created them.

In Genesis 6 we see that the creator is not alone, an individual - neither is the host of the 'Lord' incorporeal. To the contrary - 'the sons of god saw the daughters of men, that they were fair; and took them wives of all they chose.'

This is not the story of an all powerful creator, this is the story of a host of beings who came to the earth for purposes unknown. In the meantime they genetically engineered Adam and Eve, and recorded all their offspring.

The flood story is repeated across the earth, wherever ancient myth and tales are recorded. There is clear evidence that Noah's Ark existed, and lies on Mt Doomsday, in the Ararat mountains in Turkey - the anchor stones lie at the foot of the mountain near a village curiously named 'The Village of Eight' (usually interpreted as referring to the eight passengers on the Ark). What caused the flood is unknown, and it cannot be assumed that it was caused by 'god' - it may have just occurred, though Noah was warned of it. It is also interesting to note that many ancient peoples record that they were warned of the flood - so the idea that it was Noah alone who survived is not well supported at all.

There are certainly some elements of truth in the old testament - but it would be unwise to try and read any of it in a literal sense.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Akragon
reply to post by Amagnon

Well said...

Though I wasn't talking about "Christianity" in the OP... I was talking about Jesus...

Big difference

soooo true!!! Jesus is the opposite of most "christians"
awe sweet,

Jesus loves me where others condemn things made up in their own heads!

biggest difference ever!

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I would like to present to you the Feminine Aspect of God, which some would call Mother. Mother is actually Mo-the-r or "The More." The word itself transcribes into one of the Laws of the Universe. And that is the Law of More. God Himself (I mean the Ultimate Creator of this Universe) is always transcending Himself. This means that He is always expanding (Father) and contracting (Mother) into fullness of creation, thereby there is no limit to creation through us. We, as God's Children, are living embodiments of the Mother aspect of God. In fact, all matter came from the contracting force of Mother.

What does this have to do with little children? Well, a child is always learning and growing without the hindrances of dogma and doctrines taught by society (i.e. the absolute truth, the "infallible word of God," you must get a girlfriend or boyfriend or you're a loser, etc.) A child continues to grow, not just physically, but also mentally and spiritually, regardless of what goes on around them. Their mind is a fresh start that is basically empty so that they may choose what to fill it with. Their innocence allows them not to make comparisons of prior knowledge and constructs so that their learning won't stop at certain points like some of us.

As I always explain to my brothers and sisters, you must transcend yourself everyday, going beyond our paradigm of understanding. That is part of the Spiritual Path. If you stay in one place for just a day, you are endangering yourself of slowing down or stopping period--you have violated the Law of More. Be like children and walk the path of More.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Children are Zen. They have a curiosity about everything around them. Adults seem to turn this feature off. Most scientist aren't Zen. They say "it's not possible", yet do nothing to prove either way. A blade of grass can hold a million worlds, if you only look close enough.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join