It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be as a Child?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 18)

A recent thread made me think on this subject, and I was "inspired" to share with all you find people...

Take it as you will

What did Jesus mean when he told his followers this?

Obviously he did not mean revert back to infancy... and he likely didn't mean we should be brats or immature in our life...

So the question is... How does one see the world through the eyes of a child?

Like this perhaps?

1 Corinthians
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things

Hmm... I think not...

How does a child view a so called "sinner"?

Does he/she condemn their actions? Or Preach to them about the correct course of action according to a "holy book"?

Of course not... because a child does not know or understand these things

(unless that child is programed sadly...)

A child looks upon every man with wonder and amazement... and asks who is that person? Why is he/she the way they are?

There are no sins to a child... only the person in front of them

There is NO JUDGEMENT in a child's gaze... Only questions and wonder...

Innocence.... which is easily corrupted by the people of the world... which is why he said this...

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

This is why a child is the greatest in the "kingdom of heaven"... a child is humble to his/her core...

Perhaps we could all take some time and learn from the most innocent of our species...

Be as a child, and find the kingdom

Thanks for listening to me ramble...

Carry on

edit on 13-11-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I believe its about having open mind.. seeing "behind" the wall. Being positive and accepting but also questioning and wanting to understand.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I think the essence of a child, as Jesus would understand one, is "trust".
(Maybe a modern child not so much)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Akragon
And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 18)

A recent thread made me think on this subject, and I was "inspired" to share with all you find people...

Take it as you will

What did Jesus mean when he told his followers this?

Obviously he did not mean revert back to infancy... and he likely didn't mean we should be brats or immature in our life...

So the question is... How does one see the world through the eyes of a child?

Like this perhaps?

1 Corinthians
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things

Hmm... I think not...

How does a child view a so called "sinner"?

Does he/she condemn their actions? Or Preach to them about the correct course of action according to a "holy book"?

Of course not... because a child does not know or understand these things

(unless that child is programed sadly...)

A child looks upon every man with wonder and amazement... and asks who is that person? Why is he/she the way they are?

There are no sins to a child... only the person in front of them

There is NO JUDGEMENT in a child's gaze... Only questions and wonder...

Innocence which is easily corrupted by the people of the world... which is why he said this...

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

This is why a child is the greatest in the "kingdom of heaven"... a child is humble to his/her core...

Perhaps we could all take some time and learn from the most innocent of our species...

Be as a child, and find the kingdom

Thanks for listening to me ramble...

Carry on

when he spoke this parable,he meant; children no matter were they are or come from can play together
interact together , not knowing any different.it is adults that instill their wickedness into them.
it was one of his commands to love one another as he has loved us.just as children do.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Children are entirely natural and wholly authentic and playful, and they are ready to love, and be loved. They are not contrived. They see the world with bright new fresh eyes, and smile.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Well said Everyone!

im glad people get the idea behind the words

thank you all for your replies

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The bible has awesome stuff in it.

12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?

13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.

Luke
49 “Why were you searching for me?” he asked. “Didn’t you know I had to be in my Father’s house?”

Some of us are never lost, just not in sight.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Thanks for posting.
It is a great reminder (and recipe) for really seeing what is with an unconditioned mind of a child ( a mind that does not already think it knows everything).

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I agree with Jesus.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I really really like your explanation Akragon, nicely put. It makes a lot of sense, children are not programmed to hate yet at a young age, they accept everyone for who they are and not what they look like, what sexuality they are, or what have you. They love unconditionally, that is until the world set up around them corrupts them.

If everyone became as a child in mind, as in no hate or judgement, heaven would be on Earth. No lies, wars, deception, etc. This is what Jesus meant for sure, if everyone loved each other unconditionally as children, this would be the promised land.

I also think it has another meaning as well. I believe this world has been beyond saving for quite some time, the conditioning has set in and has been passed down through the generations up until today.

With that in mind, I believe he meant it literally as well in a way. Since this world is lost, if you do not become like a little child again, as in reincarnation or rebirth, you will never see heaven. If you do not know the natural way of things, where everything works in cycles including life, you will not be prepared for your next life and you will forget where you came from. You will not see heaven because you will have forgotten where it is when you make the transition.

So I believe it could have a double meaning behind it. Like Robert Plant put it: "Cause you knkw sometimes words have two meanings."

S&F my friend, well put.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

My thanks brother...

Truly the gospels and many other scriptures have many layers of meaning

that is one of the reasons I like the gnostic texts so much... they're very mysterious, and can be understood from many different perspectives

Thanks for your input

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

And when children get angry with each other, it is only for the moment. A little while later they forget their fight and be friends again.

They never fight in Hundred Year Wars.

Also, they appreciate the small things in life which the more "mature" grown ups seem to be numb to.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Great thread my friend.
I agree with you the intended meaning was pass no judgment!

The new pope recently stated one does not "Have" to believe in God to get in heaven just to follow your inner voice. To do the right thing.

Be selfless in life, be accepting, and be forgiving.

Btw the part about the Pope wasn't to say not to believe in God, just the spiritual importance of being selfless and doing the right thing.

Cheers my friends,

-Seth

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

One cannot be a child when one isn't a child. One can only act as a child.

See how a child acts, and see that we already act like them.

Any longing for the past, or any longing for a supposed innocence once lost, is a declaration that one is discontent with what he has become.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well children are also known by their doings, whether they be good or bad.

Have you seen children playing? They steal each others toys and then bash them over the head with it. They also stick forks into electric outlets if you let them.

But Jesus was referring back in infancy, and the spiritual man, what is called the inward man, that is what is to be reborn, into perfection. The flesh child, is not perfect and can never become perfect. That's the point He was making.

Paul was saying "Look kids, stop stealing each others toys and beating each other with them".

My old pastor, who had children, used to say "kids steal before they walk, and lie before they talk". They don't know it's stealing or lying, they just want to play with that toy, so they take it. And then when you say 'Did you take that toy?" They usually respond with "shake my head no".

The Terrible Twos are called that for a reason. Paul was saying don't live like you are in the Terrible Twos. By the way, it was some parent with children who coined that term...so experience counts when it comes to parenting.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

TheSubversiveOne
reply to post by Akragon

One cannot be a child when one isn't a child. One can only act as a child.

See how a child acts, and see that we already act like them.

Any longing for the past, or any longing for a supposed innocence once lost, is a declaration that one is discontent with what he has become.

I tend to give everyone whos in my threads at least one star... just for their reply

but you should really read the OP again

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
A child ..... trust, confidence in those who know better than we do, belief in the seen and the unseen, forgiveness and 'moving on' quickly, live in the moment. Oh .. and mud pies.
Making something fun and nice out of something messy and yukky.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

So how is a child taking a toy or hitting another kid with that toy worse than genocide, war, lying, pollution, bigotry, etc.? Everything bad in this world is a result of adults who are greedy and/or morally inept.

Children at a young age have no concept of greed, hate, money, war, pollution, etc., they are innocent the vast majority of the time.

I'm actually surprised you're trying to compare a child unknowingly stealing a toy to a full grown adult literally stealing billions from other people and committing genocide based on lies.

How are they even comparable? I mean really.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
My take on this is that children are innocent. They haven't been contaminated by prejudice and bigotry. Those are learned behaviors.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
And LOOK: this teaching of Jesus exactly mirrors the Taoist/Buddhist teaching of striving to return to your original face.

It's almost like the root of both the major western and eastern religions are exactly the same--refining the self to purify the spirit/soul. What a coincidence....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join