It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virus?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I run my own sites i'm not a scare monger or anything...

But while using ATS I was redirected to this:

ht tp://get-new-java.com/GB/index.php?&dv1=26109&dv2=

A google search shows its a scam/virus etc...

Anybody else got this?

The best solution is not to click follow through and install etc... not blaming ATS just wanna make members aware.

ATS staff you prob know already just a heads up dudes!

edit on Wed Nov 13 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: link disabled

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Another thread!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Members of the site you prob already know don't follow through dismiss everything you see, your OS (operating system) should alert you to things just don't lick "yes" etc and you should be fine until its fixed.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

there was another thread with that thing popping up .I had it pop up twice but didn't bite . Much like a side bar add telling me my pc was running slow .

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This malwayre scam is prevalent on the internet in general and has nothing
to do with ATS in particular.

I can't get this problem myself as i use Linux.. but for those of you who use MS products
here is a link to help keep you and your computers safe:

Watch out for fake Java Updates
edit on 13-11-2013 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Ok really weird haven't been on ATS for a bit and never got any malware of link hijacking either, come on here and straight way...

As I said I run my own sites and know about this stuff not an amatuer and never really see this kind of stuff on my equipment or browsers, I'm gonna check my network and/or browsers just to make sure! thanks.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Ok tried to contact support:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Jeez if they can't keep the contact email address right what else are they doing wrong...

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Take a look at this as it might calm your nerves!

I have done a securi SiteCheck and have shown the results below!

There is no malicious content on ATS.

sitecheck.sucuri.net...

edit on 13-11-2013 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

get-new-java.com...

A google search shows its a scam/virus etc...

Anybody else got this?

I get Java update alerts all the time but have turned off the automatic downloads. When it seems time I go directly to the Java website, scan and get what I need.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It's a browser hijacker. Won't matter what website you go to. If you got it somehow (by installing something usually, with a little tick box to agree to something that we all usually just click Yes to, that would install some tosser application and change your default browser settings) then it could be triggered by sites you frequent more than others.

So you think it's legit when it happens on common sites and not the random one you just go to, and likely think "Oh strange website wants me to do this strange thing, no thanks!".. but "Oh my usual website wants me to do this completely normal sounding thing. Ok."

But if you're getting the 'fake' java alert then you've got malware on your PC. it's not a virus.

I had a quick look into it yesterday from another thread here that mentioned it, and depending on the variant or how it may have evolved since it first came up, it's not hard to fix up.

There are a number of google links to try, and I can't say which one is any good because it depends on what exactly you've got, but I will say this:

*DO NOT CLICK ANY "REMOVE NOW" or "CHAT LIVE NOW" or "CLEAN IT NOW" TYPE LINKS ON ANY OF THESE PAGES.*

if you follow any google links, perform the advice manually. Ensure that what they say to do, you can see and verify in your registry, file system, etc. Don't install anything from an untrusted source to remove malware.

invest in some sort of sandbox protection. Sandboxie is what I'd use. You can then run all your web browsing inside a completely safe sand boxed environment and should you get hit with anything, you are secure.

edit on 13-11-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
**ATTENTION**

Please remember that NO member of ATS can request another member NOT post in a public discussion board. Any such requests are Off Topic and will be removed as such.

Furthermore, this issue is being investigated by staff and an update will be provided when information is available.

~Tenth
ATS Super Mod

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
There's lots of reports of this thing all over the Internets today.

The most probable scenario being mentioned is dormant malware with some kind of trigger depending on the words found on pages you visit. Some reports are indicating that a simple reboot kills the malware as it's only sitting in RAM and has not been installed on your PC.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Heres another thread about it from yesterday…

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good advice from Winofeind-- do not click any tabs on the page.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Depending on the variant ... I recommend deleting your entire Cached Internet files and cookies
and run a scan with Malwayrebytes!

If any of you are using an older browser IE6 or 7 .. Update it at once to the latest your OS
supports..

Again there is NO malware or deceitful links on ATS.

That is All

Rigel4 out

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

roughycannon
Just leave ATS to it!

They have deleted my posts must be something going on...

Don't be silly... your going the wrong way here pal.

Accept your wrong and get back to posting about real conspiracies.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

roughycannon
Just leave ATS to it!

They have deleted my posts must be something going on...

I recommend that you listen to members with tech experience. Not me, hell I can barely spell "tech" but I can see your posts:

www.abovetopsecret.com...&list=posts
edit on 13-11-2013 by intrepid because: I hate BB code.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

What?!!?!?

Ok whatever then I've Been here longer than you and run my own company sorry for trying to help...

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Everyone please read the below. Thread Closed.

SkepticOverlord
There's lots of reports of this thing all over the Internets today.

The most probable scenario being mentioned is dormant malware with some kind of trigger depending on the words found on pages you visit. Some reports are indicating that a simple reboot kills the malware as it's only sitting in RAM and has not been installed on your PC.

top topics

join