It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security firm discovers DDoS tool hardcoded for attacks on healthcare.gov

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
So it looks like somebody decided healthcare.gov wasn't struggling enough and could do with some sabotage.

The roll out of the Healthcare.gov site in the United States has been met with a significant amount of news coverage. Reports have indicated that the site has been inaccessible to some people when they have attempted to visit it. ASERT has no direct knowledge of any significant denial of service attacks directed towards the site. However, ASERT has recently found one tool that is designed to overload the webpage.

The standalone tool is written in Delphi and performs layer seven requests to get the healthcare.gov webpage. The tool alternates between requesting the following URLs:

www.healthcare.gov...
www.healthcare.gov...

souce (Arbor Networks)

Here's a screen shot:

So the tool's author doesn't also care about the rights of people who want to access the site to shop the exchange for insurance?
edit on 13-11-2013 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

Nice try! But from your own source.....

As we see in the call-graph below, the request rate, the non-distributed attack architecture and many other limitations make this tool unlikely to succeed in affecting the availability of the healthcare.gov site. It appears this application is available for download from a few a sources and has been mentioned on social media.

Allow your partisanship blinders to come off to allow you to see! The site and the administration, has proven to be nothing more than a massive failure and a giant sucking vacuum to American tax payers!

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Well, they are right about the constitutional rights.

Is anyone taking credit for it yet?
Why do I think this is going to just continue?
Besides, people can just go to the Healthsherpa site, find out how much it is really going to cost, and they won't want it anyway.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
A person could use any of the DDOS tools. Of course producing one targeting a specific site and reporting it does help create a scapegoat in some people's minds.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
If people don't think there is the STRONG possibilty
there are in country coordinated attacks on the ObamaCare website;

I say look at the extremely Anti Obama & Anti ObamaCare
number of threads on ATS alone. Is it thousands ?
Throw in some Koch Bro money and the attacks can happen forever.
Hey kid want 10 grand ? (10 cents to David Koch)
Yeah stupid Obama website, always going down...

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

That's twice today you brought up the evil Koch brothers!

Ever hear of George Soros?

NO?

Just talk to some folks whom live in countries that he has destroyed using money!

I will give you this though, George Soros and the Koch Brothers do have one thing in common. They have been convicted of felonies!!!

Just goes to show you how corrupt the two party system has become aye?

Let me ask you this. "Whom do you think its paying the tab to not only build the ACA website, but to FIX IT?"!

Tax payers! Do you pay taxes? If you do, you should be pissed at the incompetency of our government!

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

seeker1963

Nice try! But from your own source.....

As we see in the call-graph below, the request rate, the non-distributed attack architecture and many other limitations make this tool unlikely to succeed in affecting the availability of the healthcare.gov site. It appears this application is available for download from a few a sources and has been mentioned on social media.

Allow your partisanship blinders to come off to allow you to see! The site and the administration, has proven to be nothing more than a massive failure and a giant sucking vacuum to American tax payers!

Nice try? What does the efficacy have to do with the intent? Would you honestly have a different view if it was the most effective DDoS tool ever created?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Would you honestly have a different view if it was the most effective DDoS tool ever created?

It wasn't so what's your point??

You either didn't read the whole article you referred to, (which is understanding, because I have been guilty of doing the same thing) OR your partisan panties got so bunched up you decided to try to flip the whole thing for something it wasn't!

So you tell me, were you just pushing partisan politics? OR Did you just make a mistake?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

If I'm not mistaken, the Boston Tea Party involved sabotage and the American Revolution was an insurgency.
I guess it's all about perspective.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
With the trillions spent by the NSA to gather data, I'm sure they'll have the mustache twirling evil-doers behind bars before sundown....on the other hand this was first reported 6 days ago, so....it's either nothing, or once again, the NSA isn't actually doing their job.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by sealing

That's twice today you brought up the evil Koch brothers!

Ever hear of George Soros?

NO?

Just talk to some folks whom live in countries that he has destroyed using money!

I will give you this though, George Soros and the Koch Brothers do have one thing in common. They have been convicted of felonies!!!

Just goes to show you how corrupt the two party system has become aye?

Let me ask you this. "Whom do you think its paying the tab to not only build the ACA website, but to FIX IT?"!

Tax payers! Do you pay taxes? If you do, you should be pissed at the incompetency of our government!

I am. I am pissed that the same contractor was used that Ontario fired last year for failing to build their online medical registry on time. I'm pissed that that there was such a rush to get the site online that it went live before it was ready. For that matter, I'm not actually a huge supporter of the PPACA and I think we could have done a lot better. That said, I disagree with reasons cited by the opposition and I'm of the opinion that Congress should be working together to fix things instead of trying to bury any hope of reform for another generation.

Why aren't you upset that 5 years ago the right adopted a platform of strict obstructionism that had little to do with principle and everything to do with setting up a power grab?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Why aren't you upset that 5 years ago the right adopted a platform of strict obstructionism that had little to do with principle and everything to do with setting up a power grab?

I am very upset! I am upset with people like you whom do not realize that both parties are merely a distraction to divide us so that they can further whatever nefarious agenda they have planned!!!!

Get it?

How many time have one party versus the other been in charge of this country? Pretty even if you look at history, don't you think? But yet here we are.....picking teams and come hell or high water no matter how much it screws our whole country over, there are still folks whom just can't see thru the fog of deceit......This election it will be THIS party whom saves us, this election it will be THIS party whom saves us!

Follow the money! Tax payers are nothing more than milk cows to those we elect to represent us. The only time we matter to them is when an election is coming up! Don't you see it already in the Democrats whom voted for the ACA??? What are they doing now? Screaming like little street thugs whom got caught selling drugs! They voted for this damn thing but yet they are portraying themselves as sticking up for their voter base so that they get re elected!

What pisses me off the most, is that because I DO NOT belong to one of YOUR teams, my voice doesn't matter!

edit on 13-11-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

seeker1963

Would you honestly have a different view if it was the most effective DDoS tool ever created?

It wasn't so what's your point??

You either didn't read the whole article you referred to, (which is understanding, because I have been guilty of doing the same thing) OR your partisan panties got so bunched up you decided to try to flip the whole thing for something it wasn't!

So you tell me, were you just pushing partisan politics? OR Did you just make a mistake?

The topic of this thread is:

Security firm discovers DDoS tool hardcoded for attacks on healthcare.gov

I didn't make the topic "Security firm discovers DDoS tool set to destroy healthcare.gov" or even "Evil Conservatives Try Unsuccessfully to Stop Healthcare.gov From Staying Online."

I don't understand your point? So because they guy who wrote the program wasn't all that clever, he's not an a*hole? Or is it more that because you agree with him, it doesn't matter?

So it looks like somebody decided healthcare.gov wasn't struggling enough and could do with some sabotage.

I didn't call anyone a terrorist, imply that the program was a conspiracy by the right, or make any statement about the risk posed by the program. I even alluded to the fact that healthcare.gov was doing a fine job of sucking all by itself. What's the problem?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
it this was used against the website, obama would be yelling about at the top of his lungs. and his flunkies like biden, reid, polosoi, fienstien, and all the others would be standing behind him with cliched fists screaming that ted cruz and the tea party did it.

do ya think they would let something like this slip by. that wouldn't be using the emanuele playbook.

new topics

top topics

join