It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting Reported At Brashear High School in Pittsburgh

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Just blame it all on bullies and all will be justified

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Krakatoa

Jefferton
reply to post by seeker1963

How many people a week are killed by speech? You will get many stars for that post, even though you are wrong.

Are you serious? A good "speech" can kill thousands in a war, or in an "ethnic cleansing", or for "National Purity".....look up the Killing Fields someday, you may be surprised and hopefully appalled by what "mere words" can do to millions.

Not without weapons.
2nd

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

sealing

Krakatoa

Jefferton

How many people a week are killed by speech? You will get many stars for that post, even though you are wrong.

Are you serious? A good "speech" can kill thousands in a war, or in an "ethnic cleansing", or for "National Purity".....look up the Killing Fields someday, you may be surprised and hopefully appalled by what "mere words" can do to millions.

Not without weapons.
2nd

I beg to differ. Who needs weapons to beat someone to death? This has been going on since humans took their first steps.
edit on 11/13/2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Krakatoa

sealing

Krakatoa

Jefferton

Not without weapons.
2nd

I beg to differ. Who needs weapons to beat someone to death? This has been going on since humans took their first steps.
a well placed snarl can do the trick too. Think mummy booby traps

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Give it a break. All too many remember and disagreed with the ole school marm who outlawed chewing gum in class because Billy has a habit of putting it in Sally's hair. Who made you "hall monitor?" If you can't play nice then maybe should leave our sand box. Rights are not privileges and if you wish to live in a nanny state then do us all a favor and seek you're utopian society elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dagann

I think you either have mistaken me for another poster, or have misunderstood my stance on the issue.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

sheepslayer247
reply to post by Jefferton

How many criminal acts are squashed due to responsible gun owners and how many lives are saved, as well?

There is much more to this debate than just guns=death.
edit on 13-11-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)
While police get a bad wrap and for good reason. You could say most crime is either stopped or prevented by gun owners if you go ahead and add them into that category.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Krakatoa

They don;'t really send men off to war armed with a dictionary though do they.

Words can also heal... weapons .. well I suppose you can use one as a splint.

edit on 13-11-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

winofiend

Krakatoa

Ghandi did. He won a war without firing a shot

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

winofiend

Krakatoa

Really? Last I checked a scalpel was a knife.....and as a knife can be classified as a weapon, it also seems to be used a LOT in healing people. :/

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Krakatoa

winofiend

Krakatoa

Really? Last I checked a scalpel was a knife.....and as a knife can be classified as a weapon, it also seems to be used a LOT in healing people. :/

Mass scalpel attacks are so common. You're spot on, I forgot about the scalpel.

Yep, words are deadly. We need more book control. Make room for safer guns too.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

winofiend

Krakatoa

winofiend

Krakatoa

Mass scalpel attacks are so common. You're spot on, I forgot about the scalpel.

Yep, words are deadly. We need more book control. Make room for safer guns too.

My response was due to the generic term "weapon" being used. Now, this could be a veiled attempt to label all guns and gun owners as suspected of doing this type of thing. And as for mass scalpel attacks, if you lived in China you would be aware of mass knife attacks that happen there, on numerous occasions. Just because the "death count" is not staggering does not reduce the impact of those events, or the people that suffer from them either.

So far, every mass murder spree that I have heard about or discussed has happened in a posted "gun free zone". So, is that a connection too? Why not ban "gun free zones" to reduce the number of gun related deaths? That sounds a bit silly, doesn't it? Well, so does banning a person's means of self defense, in favor of waiting for a 3rd party to arrive, after the fact, to take names and count the casualties.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I opened this post to learn more about what transpired with this shooting not wade through people bickering with each other off topic, it's getting very frustrating recently, seems to be happening more and more, how about PMing each other with your PMSing, lol and let me get some facts raised by the OP. Thanks

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tayton

Brilliant.
I'm actually surprised the mods let it get this bad.

And of course, since this was actually drug related, instead of school related, you probably won't be able to find any new information about it anyways.
No longer sensational enough for the media.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Here's an update I posted on the other thread about this incident.

UPDATE

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

tayton
I opened this post to learn more about what transpired with this shooting not wade through people bickering with each other off topic, it's getting very frustrating recently, seems to be happening more and more, how about PMing each other with your PMSing, lol and let me get some facts raised by the OP. Thanks

Thank you ! And right on time. Thought I clicked into a sewing circle for a sec.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

So people don't go fight wars with a bible/quran in their pockets?

They don't go fight because some BOOK told them they have to? Or are all these extremists extremely misled by the WORDS of another crazy person?

Charles Manson killed plenty of people with words.

You can inspire 1000 men to pick up a gun and shoot eachother, but you cant tell a gun to shoot itself.
edit on 14-11-2013 by christoph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
First and foremost, my heart goes out to everyone affected.

Responsible gun owners are not he problem. It is the folks who secure the weapons illegally, without permission, without regards to law.

Regardless of the legality of guns, murders and attempted murders will happen. Sad, but true.

Drugs are illegal. How many deaths are attributed to them each year? The point is, if it exists, people will find a way to get it. If not guns, then knives. If not knives, then bombs.

I am sure that many kids today from age 9 and up could tell you where to secure some form of contraband. Does it stop the users? No. Legality is a term used loosely. Is it legal to speed? No. But people do it anyway. I know the point of this thread may be to point out another shooting. But for every shooting, I can point about stagings, bombings, DUI deaths, etc.

The key to this issue is really about education. The same folks who make violent films, say guns are bad. What message is this? Mixed messages. Guns are a symptom to a much larger problem. Disrespect for human life. Another issue is mental health care. Stigmas are still attached to those affected. People do not understand the effects of stress on anyone. Those who have been treated and those who have not.

I would love to get into a huge discussion, but I cannot. We do not enough time for it.

Bottom line, violence occurs. It has since the dawn of time. It will continue under our end.

Fixing the symptoms will not end the violence. Fixing the human, now that can solve the problem.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
My question is to the pro-gun owners : where were you to defend the victims from the shooter with your guns?!

I blame the gun owners for not doing their duty to defend others from harm.

Shame on you.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

Aren't schools a gun-free zone? Like many of these crimes, they happen where people aren't allowed to have guns. That's why cities who have strict gun laws, like Chicago, have such problems with crime. More guns in the hands of citizens = safer population. The facts bear it out.
edit on 14-11-2013 by OMsk3ptic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join