It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

26,000 signed up through federal Obamacare website in first month

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
They just announced the ObamaCare website numbers:

26,794 on the Federal site.

79,391 on State sites.

Not much *Popularity* it looks like even on sites with no problems.

And, these numbers include people who have "signed up" but have not submitted payments yet

I think many have done so on the phones and mail, but the story isn't commenting yet.

watch for "updates" (web pages can change !)

Only 26,000 people managed to buy health insurance on Healthcare.gov in October, the first month the website was open, the Health and Human Services Department said Wednesday.

But more than 106,000 have made it through the process on both the state and federal websites, and most just have a few steps more to make the final purchase, HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius says. And as many as half a million look like they will have either private health insurance or new Medicaid coverage in 2014.

The federal government has been playing down expectations for how many people will have signed up so far, but the numbers released on Wednesday. The long-awaited figures show that 26,794 people bought health insurance on the federal website, covering 36 states. Another 79,391 bought policies on state-run websites.

26,000 signed up through federal Obamacare website in first month

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The number I would like to see, is out of all of those whom signed up, how many went on the Medicaid rolls? Also, does signing up mean they actually purchased a policy that they are making payments on?

Obama will have a legacy alright. It might not be one of praise and admiration, but one of lies and deceit to the citizens he took an oath to represent!

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Wow, well considering the state of dysfunction of the website,
I am surprised this many have actually managed to get this far.

However, still ridiculously low numbers how can they be
proud of this? They need to face it, the ACA is a giant debacle.

edit on 13-11-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

It will be interesting to see how many people have signed up in total between the federal site, the state run exchanges and via phone and mail. Those are some pretty lackluster numbers, I can definitely say I am not surprised. We can disregard how many people sign up for medicaid since they are not paying into the system. With the major expansion of Medicaid in some of the states and the income level qualifiers raised we will be seeing many more qualifying for medicaid. Still a far cry from the 46,000 paying people needed to sign up daily to actually make this whole scam work.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
another source;

Another 396,000 people have been approved for Medicaid benefits, according to HHS.

It’s Official: Obamacare Enrollment Is Super Low

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

xuenchen
another source;

Another 396,000 people have been approved for Medicaid benefits, according to HHS.

It’s Official: Obamacare Enrollment Is Super Low

Damn... I just had to have a serious one on one with my tax dollars. They thought they were being used for a noble and glorious purpose. I had to break it to them and tell them the truth, you should have seen their faces they have the same look I can imagine on children's faces at Christmas when they have been told there is no Santa Claus. I'm off to buy some antidepressants for them now, poor tax dollars are fearful of the future.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Is it wrong to find this funny? Because the news this morning was estimating 50,000. And it is actually just barely over halve of that? And they were acting all sad about the 50,000 number.

This has got to be the slowest trainwreck in government history. It could last for years.

The only people I feel sorry for with this, are the ones who actually need it. Because they certainly can't afford it.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Let me get this straight, less than 27,000 signed up, are those the folks that all had their policies canceled.

I guess this OBAMCARE crap is still confusing but the pin heads in Washington are scrambling to fix the problems about the policies being canceled because of their coverage was not good enough...........So let me get this straight.

If I were a retired couple why do I need to have Maternity leave / clause on my policy?

What is the Definition of good coverage?

I know my work policy is decent can't complain but the insurance company CIGNA sucks, in the past years I can't recall one time were I spent any time in the hospital, latest bill was $400 dollars for a annual check up, CIGNA covered only 2.98 dollars

So if OBAMA CRAP is good for the county why are the deductibles so high, when was the last time you really meet your deductible?

I guess I will have to think about this for a while, but I am guessing the 27,000 are those that had their policies canceled.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Why would any sane person give the Obama administration information about your health status along with all the information to steal your identity along with your bank account number?

Todays news once again tells us how the Obama administration is having the CIA share information with the IRS.
Imagine this, you fail to pay your copays to the Doctors, the IRS then denies you further healthcare or tells the FBI TSA CIA about your health status so that if you disagree with the government you can mysteriously die of natural causes.

Think this implausible? Just look at how much of your personal information Obama has collected. Your phone calls, your emails - now your health care. WHY if not to eventually use it to control the little people, YOU and ME
edit on 14-11-2013 by grandmakdw because: grammar

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Just wait for the Obamabots to arrive and tell us all how awful the healthcare industry was before Obamacare went into effect, like that has anything to do with how terrible this bill is.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I read yesterday there was less than 40k people in all signed up with 20 million checked it out and left.
Interestingly enough, 34 times as many people signed up for firearm licenses in the same time frame I have read.
edit on 14-11-2013 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

join