It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100,000 Christian martyrs every year!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Or are there?

It seems that the vast majority of these martyrs are actually killed by other "christians"!

I suspect if someone did the numbers on moslems that there would be similar results - the US invasion of Iraq notwithstanding, it was (AFAIK) mostly the intra-moslem violence engendered by the invasion that caused the thousands of civilian casualties - not the invading forces??
edit on 13-11-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: crap spelling!

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
*cough* not enough. *cough*

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

Bloody Hell,

Condoning more killing and you get starred for it.

Neither comment or star was warranted.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Christians love to be persecuted. Without persecution, they wouldn't have an "us versus them" mentality, or martyrs, or heroes. All they'd have is their set of beliefs, which they wouldn't even have to justify.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Persecution is part of their theology, they expect to be persecuted.

I doubt that 100,000 Christians are killed every year because of their faith. But the fact that over 5000 (a realistic statistic presented in the article) people are killed each year because of their faith is just as disturbing to me.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Openeye
I doubt that 100,000 Christians are killed every year because of their faith. But the fact that over 5000 (a realistic statistic presented in the article) people are killed each year because of their faith is just as disturbing to me.

Even that number isn't all that surprising to me. Any time you separate yourself in some way from the rest of the people around you, you set yourself up to be killed. And religion is one of the oldest reasons people created to hate each other.

And in this day and age, if you profess to being a certain religion and you're in a group of people who tell you they hate you for it and want to kill you, if you don't move somewhere else, you're asking to be killed. Move to St. Louis, Missouri. Nobody killing Christians there.
edit on 13-11-2013 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
being killed for being a christian isn't the same thing as dieing for your beliefs.
the word martyr is being exaggerated greatly here.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bisman

further - I suspect even fewer are being killed because they are Christians

rather because they are NOT :

religious sect A

political ideology B

ethnicicity C

or some combo of the above

top topics

join