It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common Lies That Satan Tell

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

2WitnessesArrived
reply to post by Akragon

Yes and we are all sinners therefore he came for the , and whole world and yes I sure do have a lot of work to do because I am not perfect but threw trials, tribulations, and temptations, I can grow from overcoming them.

Brother or sister please accept Jesus, I love you and he loves you more.

that would be brother...

And what exactly makes you believe I don't accept Jesus?

hmmm...?

What did I just say about assumptions

edit on 13-11-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 2WitnessesArrived

All books are written by men; therefor, everything in them is written by men with their own hands, their own ink and their own insights. Maybe you could explain how this is a common lie?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Your post, and your persistent proclamations reveal that indeed you've been hoodwinked into playing the role of devil's advocate for real.

Hoodwinked? Such a vicious label for the practice of employing logic and critical thinking.

The only tyranny God has is a tyranny of love, an indomitable, inconchorable love, but as we can see in looking at Golgotha, the height of Virtue is power, restrained.

Maybe you're talking about a god who hasn't been invented yet.

You are thinking as man thinks, when the entire power pyramid has been inverted in favor of service to others as a "we" thing.

Are you in the habit of thinking in some way other than human? I'd love to know how you accomplish that!

Satan, if there is such a one is about [I] and service only to self. He is no liberator and any rebellion if there ever was one, wasn't like the Declaration of Independence.

Service to others is incomplete without service to self, in my experience.

Don't be duped. Stay vigilent, because he's a tricky bugger who, if he could would have you hating the God of love even if such a thing flies in the face of all reason and logic.

I only ever hear the word of God, not the word of Satan. Never has the Satanic Witnesses come to my door looking to indoctrinate me, nor do Satanists stand on the street corner with a sign saying, "God's Doom Is Coming!"

No, he seems to be handling things rather impressively. Utterly silent and indifferent. Unlike your god, who is only happy while he's the center of attention. Really makes me question his priorities. Oh, and that's another thing. When's the last time Satan offered a reduced sentence in Hell for donations?

And if Satan punishes the bad guys, doesn't that make him a good guy? Hahaha.

God has gone rather far afield to retrieve us as lost children, so that we might enjoy the whole field in liberation.

He reminds me of President Snow from The Hunger Games. Oh, yes, we're totally liberated...and meanwhile, we can fight for our lives while desperately avoiding the traps he set for us.

If I was your friend and you saw my smiling face set on you, would you rage, ball up your fist and punch me in the nose for no reason?

Depends. Do you want my soul?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Brother not to judge but I believe I can tell by the fruits that you bear and the words and the things in which you type. Out of the abundance of the heart comes either good things or bad things, a bad tree cant bear good fruit neither can a good tree bear bad fruit.
edit on 13-11-2013 by 2WitnessesArrived because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

2WitnessesArrived
reply to post by Akragon

Brother not to judge but I believe I can tell by the fruits that you bear and the words and the things in which you type. Out of the abundance of the heart comes either good things or bad things, a bad tree cant bear good fruit neither can a good tree bear bad fruit.
edit on 13-11-2013 by 2WitnessesArrived because: (no reason given)

glad you brought that up...

What of the fruit which the so called OT God bears?

And just so you know... You know nothing of me... my life, or my actions therein...

or my beliefs for that matter.... clearly

Are you done assuming yet... or shall we continue down this path?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Ad hominem much? The topic is not Akragon. I suggest you get back to it please.
edit on 13-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Aphorism

But what makes a difference is if the person was inspired by the Holy Spirit to write it which is a part of the Godhead trinity.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

But what makes a difference is if the person was inspired by the Holy Spirit to write it which is a part of the Godhead trinity.

Do you realize how easy it is to fake being inspired by the Holy Spirit? Just talk a lot of nonsense and throw in key phrases that people want to hear.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Because those angels had free will to make there own choices and Satan made a bad one and influenced the third of the angels which fell with him, therefore they reaped what they sowed. In a way the angels in heaven where tested just as we humans are tested and now Satan and his angels have fallen and now we humans are being tested and Satan wants us to fall with him and go to hell.

So God made the angels capable of sin? Why did he put the rebellious sinful angels with his perfect creation, to corrupt Adam and Eve, and therefore all of mankind?

If they didn't know about good and evil, did Adam and Eve really have free will? How can one freely make a choice not knowing that there can be a bad choice?

God doesn't seem like a very good manager.

How can anyone resist pure and perfect love, if that's what God is. How could Satan make a bad choice? Unless, the guy of the Old Testament isn't "God" at all.

edit on 13-11-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Best of luck to you then, can't say I didn't warn you or try to advise, and you've seen my thoughts on the weight of glory, so you know that I'm not being flippant with you.

If there is a satan he's no friend of yours let me tell you.

And no I don't want your soul, just to be friend and to see you someday this side of heaven.

A smiling God to greet you won't work though I'm afraid, which makes me very sad, for you.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Funny you should say this. The Holy Spirit inspired me to tell you, and ATS, that the Bible wasn't divinely inspired at all.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

If I was your friend and you saw my smiling face set on you, would you rage, ball up your fist and punch me in the nose for no reason?

Depends. Do you want my soul?

Buddhism wants you to extinguish your own soul, Satan wants to torture it, because that's all he knows, but God only wants to acknowledge it and recognize it, and create an eternal place whereby it may grow and flourish and be magnified.

You've got your bullies all wrong.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

How can the Buddhist want you to extinguish a soul they don't believe exists?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I take that back. I don't like to invoke satan (small s) because there's no such thing in Christ who's love encompasses the whole of all creation whereby the preserver was preserved and the destroyer destroyed, so all we're left with is us and God where the worst punishment (for being an unreasonable rebel without a cause) would be to simply be ignored altogether. The only satan left then would be the one you laugh at and leave behind or "tread under foot", as a learning experience about what not to do and how not to be.

Being at enmity with the God of love though is treading on very shaky and very dark ground which is groundless so it has no bottom and no place to stand and be counted. If there's a satan anywhere, he (it) has no contextual frame of reference, and oh what a horrible place that would be to not be, what Jesus called "the outer darkness".

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 13-11-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Akragon

By tricking you into believing that there is no you and that you don't exist, or by eliminating the frame (family) by which the joy of being a real person is removed, while expunging all desire where the true nature of a human being or a real person is that we are a wellspring of desire.

"What does it profit a person to gain the WHOLE world, but lose his own soul?" (character, passion, charm)
~ Jesus

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Akragon

2WitnessesArrived
reply to post by Akragon

I use to be in the occult worshipping demons before I turned my life over to Jesus Christ, trust me when I say that its much better on this side or to say the Winning side.

The flesh reaps destruction of the body, mind, and soul. The Spirit within true Christians reaps righteousness and life to the body, mind and soul.

You were "IN the occult" were you? lol

Occult means hidden knowledge... Not necessarily worshiping demons...

Interesting that you define it in that manner... but it is good to know you "used to" worship Satan... LMAO!!

Did you happen to know that Jesus didn't come to deal with the "righteous"... but sinners?

ye got some work ahead of you my friend

Then you have no idea what the occult followers actually do.

Do you know left handed people, they were all called sinister at one time also. Those people who say "occult" know what they are talking about. This is one area I suggest to you to not underestimate nor take lightly. Pick on us Christians a bit more, but the area he is talking about, I suggest you stay away from.

I know people who practiced Santeria. I suggest you just simply keep picking on us Christians.

EDIT: You are really being ignorant about them. They already know every argument that you have and already know how to dissect everything you say. When I hear someone say "I was in the occult" I know what they mean and know that they do not have your best interest at heart.
edit on 11/13/2013 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

I know a few people who practice Santeria too. They're all Catholics!

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

NewAgeMan

Akragon

By tricking you into believing that there is no you and that you don't exist, or by eliminating the frame (family) by which the joy of being a real person is removed, while expunging all desire where the true nature of a human being or a real person is that we are a wellspring of desire.

"What does it profit a person to gain the WHOLE world, but lose his own soul?" (character, passion, charm)
~ Jesus

So you're quite happy to judge all Buddhists as being liars... Just because they believe something you don't?

Interesting

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Did Bible Study101 just let out? What happened to the "New Age"? That get lost or "washed out"? Do You know Enoch was right? If not, there is a slew of links He can link to You.. Loaded with Bible™ verses to try and impress folks You'll never KNOW or meet. Isn't "vanity" covered? or is that further along the classes with Pastor Dave? Each time someOne questions One of You, You come back with a Bible verse, why? The question was of You not the Bible™ (trademark for the business end...) Not only that but One of You (EWR) now types that to know One part of the Bible™ You need to connect that part w/yet another part and well, if You don't know that well, Your doomed..

It is quite OBVIOUS You don't KNOW squat about The Rule Book™ and even less about the philosophy of Buddhism, wait... The Great Buddha isn't in Heaven right? When did St. Pete lose His job? Isn't it St. Pete that allows folks into Heaven? Does He ask a bunch of rhetorical questions?

How many sins could a 6 y.o. commit? Then why start out the brainwas...uh...er... "lessons" by shouting at the kid "Jesus died for Your sins" but then when this kid becomes a member of the Church™ He then gets to buy "indulgences"

If I had My way Your Churches™ would pay taxes... And because I could give 2 squirts what someOne I'll never meet thinks, well, flame away!! For the Ones who don't fall prey to these charlatans, see You in Heaven, these folks have a few more revolutions to make. Should've paid more attention to the One in the sheet, but NO, You paid attention to the One who sought $$$$... You'd find that somewhere about Timmy 6:10 if memory serves...

namaste

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

WarminIndy

Akragon

2WitnessesArrived
reply to post by Akragon

I use to be in the occult worshipping demons before I turned my life over to Jesus Christ, trust me when I say that its much better on this side or to say the Winning side.

The flesh reaps destruction of the body, mind, and soul. The Spirit within true Christians reaps righteousness and life to the body, mind and soul.

You were "IN the occult" were you? lol

Occult means hidden knowledge... Not necessarily worshiping demons...

Interesting that you define it in that manner... but it is good to know you "used to" worship Satan... LMAO!!

Did you happen to know that Jesus didn't come to deal with the "righteous"... but sinners?

ye got some work ahead of you my friend

Then you have no idea what the occult followers actually do.

Do you know left handed people, they were all called sinister at one time also. Those people who say "occult" know what they are talking about. This is one area I suggest to you to not underestimate nor take lightly. Pick on us Christians a bit more, but the area he is talking about, I suggest you stay away from.

I know people who practiced Santeria. I suggest you just simply keep picking on us Christians.

EDIT: You are really being ignorant about them. They already know every argument that you have and already know how to dissect everything you say. When I hear someone say "I was in the occult" I know what they mean and know that they do not have your best interest at heart.
edit on 11/13/2013 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

And you think I pick on Christians do you... heh

I've studied quite a bit on "the occult"... and I've found that those who make the statement " I was in the occult" haven't got a clue what they're talking about. As if "the occult" is some sort of religion LOL

99% of the time its a Christian... trying to push their own beliefs such as the OP is doing... as we've all seen...

And while its true there is great ignorance in this thread... Somehow I doubt its me displaying said trait...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join