It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boehner: No Conference on Senate Immigration Bill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I think you guys should read my first proposal. I thought it was pretty harsh for serial law breakers.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
We all heard with Obamacare, "It is the law, get over it!"

Yet with illegal aliens, we have an administration ignoring the laws, and pols trying to change the laws.

Logistically, it'd be close to impossible to deport 30 million or so, here illegally.

But we can't give them a pass either. So no welfare, no food stamps, no drivers license, no ID cards, no Social Security cards, no voting, no rights.

You want to be a part of the country?

Do it right and apply.

If not?

Go live in a box somewhere. You're breaking the law!

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by xuenchen

The GOP don't want to have a debate about immigration before the mid terms or before 2016. It's an issue they CANNOT get a hold of, because they've lost the immigration vote.

Hispanics vote democrat and so the vast majority of other immigrants who come to the US. So Boehner is just playing political football.

~Tenth
It is a two way street as the Dems want the illegals here for voting and political reasons also. Have to add to the voting army don't we.

edit on 16-11-2013 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

MOMof3
Borders and walls served dictators, communists, and nazis well. For a time.

They also kept the Mongols out of China for hundreds of years.
Not to mention keeping the Palestinians out of their own land but that's a different matter entirely.
Glad Boehner had the good sense to let this bill die.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

By denying jobs and freebies, they would self deport and others wouldn't be so keen on coming here.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Night Star
reply to post by beezzer

By denying jobs and freebies, they would self deport and others wouldn't be so keen on coming here.

Exactly. What's the current down-side to coming to America illegally? Nothing!

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

beezzer
We all heard with Obamacare, "It is the law, get over it!"

Yet with illegal aliens, we have an administration ignoring the laws, and pols trying to change the laws.

Logistically, it'd be close to impossible to deport 30 million or so, here illegally.

But we can't give them a pass either. So no welfare, no food stamps, no drivers license, no ID cards, no Social Security cards, no voting, no rights.

You want to be a part of the country?

Do it right and apply.

If not?

Go live in a box somewhere. You're breaking the law!
I wish I could give you more stars for this quote. The Prez is basically saying the laws apply when and where I say. Period. Somebody hand me my pen.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

What is the *opposition* all about anyway ?

It's about our country not needing another 40-50 million people. Half of which will take jobs away from the minority that actually still has one and half of which will leach our system dry like the majority of our population already does.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Their corporate employers want to keep the illegal workers illegal. Illegal workers are easier to control because they live in fear of being deported and don't know what their rights are or even if they have any rights and they work very hard at extremely low wage/no benefit jobs with little complaint. As long as the corporations are in control of the government there will never be immigration reform.

Sal

top topics

<< 1   >>

join