It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks: Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement Text

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Mods I put this here instead of US Political as it seemed more appropriate. Please move if needed.

U.S. Demands in Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement Text, Published Today by WikiLeaks, Contradict Obama Policy and Public Opinion at Home and Abroad

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Secret documents published today by WikiLeaks and analyzed by Public Citizen reveal that the Obama administration is demanding terms that would limit Internet freedom and access to lifesaving medicines throughout the Asia-Pacific region and bind Americans to the same bad rules, belying the administration’s stated commitments to reduce health care costs and advance free expression online, Public Citizen said today.

WikiLeaks publishes Secret TPP Text

The full docs are available from the wikileaks front page.

As said before in this regard the TPP is another power grab by the administration to undercut the freedom and sovereignty of the US.

edit on 869pm0404pm12013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Καλημέρα,

This is exactly what we've been saying the whole time sir.
The internet is turning everyone into Cassandra.

"Cassandra, in Greek mythology, the daughter of Priam, the last king of Troy, and his wife Hecuba. In Homer’s Iliad, she is the most beautiful of Priam’s daughters, but not a prophetess. According to Aeschylus’s tragedy Agamemnon, Cassandra was loved by the god Apollo, who promised her the power of prophecy if she would comply with his desires. Cassandra accepted the proposal, received the gift, and then refused the god her favours. Apollo revenged himself by ordaining that her prophecies should never be believed."

(Taken from Britannica)

S+F sir.

-Ασφαλές ταξίδι-

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This country is not freedom. Everything is for sale. God is watching. So be comfortable at any cost. Be rich while you poison our water, feed us your poisonous foods and drugs. At the end you will get your just reward. ALL POLITICAL PARTIES WE KNOW YOU ARE BOUGHT AND SOLD. A REVOLUTION IS AT HAND. THERE ARE THOSE WHO CANNOT BE BOUGHT. NO MONEY FOR FOR POLITICAL CAMPAIGNS!!!!!! FREE TIMES ON ALL MEDIA FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO RUN FOR OFFICE!!!! OLD FASHIONED PAPER VOTING!!! BOTH PARTIES HAND COUNT!!!!! VOTING MACHINES ARE CORRUPT!!! WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE THIS REALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

god is watching

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Kalimera,

See what you did?
Two posts in and you broke him.
I hope you're happy.

-Peace-
edit on 13-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: I hate "you're"

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by carmilly

Not sure what "god watching" has anything to do with the TPP. Did you look at the link or the docs?

edit on 940pm5757pm32013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

No free expression on the intramanet... No ATS... Make you wonder if they will surf everyones "doings" on the net IP address to IP address and arrest individuals... That's a scary thought.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I read the document in it's entirety. I skimmed a little but I got through it.

things to note:
1. This is one part of a draft treaty between 10+ countries. There is a mishmash of various sets of countries proposing/opposing different things and tweaks of language. I would have to break it all down by country to get a fix on winners and losers. The final language is needed to really judge impact.

2. There are a notable number of cases where the US is the sole proposer or opposer of something and there are a number of items where the US is the sole opposer of a proposal by all the other parties.

3. This is just the intellectual property section. I can clearly see who is behind this. US entertainment industry, US pharmaceutical and US agri-chemical.

4. There are some unprecedented supra-national rights granted to IP holder's rich enough to litigate (e.g. corporations). It's not just hype. I believe the mega-corps are sharpening their teeth for this

5. There is real criminal law bite here. No impact for the US, which already wields a very crooked sword of justice. It's citizens of other countries that have more to lose.

I hope my summary information is used to reject corporate morality values and instead, adopt human morality and values.

edit on 13-11-2013 by InverseLookingGlass because: shpelling

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Doesnt it ALL come down to political agendas? They are not for people but for corp. And God is watching

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Tell him!!

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Nicely summarized. Yeah I see the big movers in the entertainment industry behind part of this as well. Can't let the little people stream a TV show, download a book, etc without these guys getting a pound of flesh.

Those evil torrent users have got to be stamped out as well according to the corporate mindset. Even if it means crushing internet freedom and net neutrality.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
from what I have read about pharmaceutically it will end generic brands of medicine.
there for you will be paying more for the same mixture of medicine.

Like Somac there is a few different generic brands of this stuff, that helps fights stomach ulcers by reducing acid in stomach, Salpraz ect.

Ahhh I would love to get my hands on this document and burn it.

I hope Tony Abbott won't sign it.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Morning,

Here's some more bad news on that front:

www.washingtonsblog.com...

"Worse Than SOPA and ACTA"

Doesn't get more glaring than that.

-Peace-

new topics

top topics

join